Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Evade wrote: »
    They're open to another game set in the same Universe but as far as the Joel and Ellie story is concerned it's over.

Balls :( A lot of man-love for Joel, and Ellie was pretty bad-a$$ and funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd love a kind of prequel adventure, dealing with Tommy and Joel in the aftermath of the outbreak and him losing
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

There's a lot of scope for a prequel. 20 years in fact. There's a lot of back story with Tess Bill and Joel they could do. How Joel ended up in Boston from Austin. The sorta things Joel did in the past to survive. A lot of mentions of the bad stuff he did.

And the story I've been dying to see played out :P
    Ish
    from the Sewer. Would love to see them take that story far beyond what you read in the Sewer :pac: Mind you it is a pretty perfect way the story is told from the notes so it might be best not to touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was hoping to get in some MP time last night but got stuck on
    the Hospital in Salt Lake city when you've to fight the fireflies
    I didnt even make it up the stairs in an hour of gameplay, tried run and gun, sneaking, waiting.

F**k me I had a nightmare time of it, turned off in frustration just before midnight. :mad: :o

When you start off go immediately left and jump out the window to the outside ledge, jump back into the hospital on the far side of the ledge. Arrow to the un-armoured guy at the end of the hall and if you can then another one to his compadre standing beside him (in the head as he is armoured). If needs be lure guys to where you are with bricks and just keep jumping back and forth between the ledge and hospital while stealth killing. Head down towards the guys you just blasted with the arrows and take a left, if you haven't alerted anyone there should be a stationary guard in one of the little cubicles there. Just before him there is another window to ledge opportunity and can sneak around him and arrive up on the flank of the mass patrol at the end of the room, they should all be stationary too. At this point you have two options, the first is if they are bunched just lob in a molotov and then make a sprint for the exit. The second is to sneak into the little reception area behind them, throw a brick/bottle from this little room down the hall so that the end up facing away from the exit and then hop out the window and sneak down the hallway while ducking behind the large desk for the incoming patrol. Once past them there is a guy that busts out the stairwell door that must be dealt with quickly before he alerts the patrol that just passed you by in the corridor. And unless you are on grounded mode you will hit a checkpoint so just turn the last of the game into a big firefight.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    And the story I've been dying to see played out :P
    Ish
    from the Sewer. Would love to see them take that story far beyond what you read in the Sewer :pac: Mind you it is a pretty perfect way the story is told from the notes so it might be best not to touch it.

Look up a book called 'Earth Abides' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I have just finished left behind dlc and wow.

To me the dlc is up there with the artorias dlc for dark souls and those dlcs along with rockstars expansions packs should be the top quality standard for publishers and developers alike to achieve that adds overall experience to the main game without feeling its just another side bull**** for companies to take advantage of the consumer.

In alot of ways left behind further pushes the boundaries between player interaction with dlc that adds character depth and further bonds the player to the characters and there stories.

Videogames can add so much to telling a story when the weight is off the developers back and they are allowed to creative art without having the dollar note waving around there head that puts them back from achieving there true ideas.

I cannot express enough how small truly realistic dialogues and little mini games adds so much potential to these two teenagers and how they feel about each other.

this bumps up last of us for me to a 9.5/10 than a 8.5-9/10 that the singleplayer alone.

Hopefully games will continue to break the habit of being a michael bay movie and be the creative force it can and inspire and show the other industries that it needs to be taken alot of seriously and at times can just be as important that others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I went back playing the MP on my peasant's ps3 and had the best game of my life :D I'm crap so it was extra special, I'm actually pumped up :pac:

Basically we were playing on the checkpoint map and I was hanging back, sniping away and I'd gotten 2 headshots already going into the final round all tied at 3 each (Playing Survivors). The 3 on my team all went charging ahead and ended up all getting killed by what seems like a single molotov. I'd just killed the guy trying to out snipe me with another headshot as the other 3 head towards me. So like the camper that I am I hide in the back room of the building, plant my bomb just inside the door and crouch behind the desk. One guy charges in and gets blown up, another is down just outside the door due to the explosion and while the 3rd guy is healing him I swoop in and finish the job :cool:

It might not sound like much, but to me it's the pinnacle of my TLOU MP career. Just thought I'd share :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Any tips for multiplayer for someone who is ok at it. Trying to play to get the two story trophies but i am really enjoying it. The clan size i have it around 45 to 60 people in it at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'll add you to a message list we have going for people who play the TLOU MP.

Playing with a group should help.. plus I keep annoying people with advice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    My psn is mickie_50, soz I keep getting the names mixed up here

Just jumping back to say cheers for the loadout advice! Doing fantastic ever since. Currently on a 7 game win streak with supplies out the wazoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

What didn't you like about it? Kind of leaves it hanging a bit, but I like it. I think it sets it up in any sequel
    that there'll be a split between Joel and Ellie because of his lie at the end.
    Dunno how writers would flesh out that bit, but it might be a theme?

Actually, is there a second one in the offing?

I dont know if I liked it or didnt like it, you know that kinda way. I think I was expecting
    one of them to die
    so my whole theory was thrown out of the water!

Great game though and will definitely revisit.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

tok9 wrote: »
    I'll add you to a message list we have going for people who play the TLOU MP.

Playing with a group should help.. plus I keep annoying people with advice :p

That be great but i play maybe three matches a night haha have kids and thats what i get to play so moving along kind of slow haha dont really play and talk. Ill try and get on sometime and join in with ye. Thank you for the offer

I just got the scavenger trophy even though I hadn't found all training manuals or artifacts yet. Whats up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gandalph wrote: »
    I just got the scavenger trophy even though I hadn't found all training manuals or artifacts yet. Whats up with that?

Wonder if you are playing on a different difficulty setting or a + game and had picked up the ones you were missing on an earlier playthrough?

I went back playing the MP on my peasant's ps3 and had the best game of my life :D I'm crap so it was extra special, I'm actually pumped up :pac:

Basically we were playing on the checkpoint map and I was hanging back, sniping away and I'd gotten 2 headshots already going into the final round all tied at 3 each (Playing Survivors). The 3 on my team all went charging ahead and ended up all getting killed by what seems like a single molotov. I'd just killed the guy trying to out snipe me with another headshot as the other 3 head towards me. So like the camper that I am I hide in the back room of the building, plant my bomb just inside the door and crouch behind the desk. One guy charges in and gets blown up, another is down just outside the door due to the explosion and while the 3rd guy is healing him I swoop in and finish the job :cool:

It might not sound like much, but to me it's the pinnacle of my TLOU MP career. Just thought I'd share :pac:

I've had games like that over the years that I just can't get out of my head. Even going back to COD:MW2 days there's games I still think about. COD - search and destroy / Battlefield - Defuse / TLOU - survivors etc there's nothing better than a clutch kill/win on those type of game modes.

Gandalph wrote: »

Ya the collectibles/pendants/manuals all stack so you can go back through a new game or chapters to collect them and get the trophy. Its pretty handy that way.

I'll be back on MP tonight after training anyway, tried an hour of it last ngiht and only got a positive kills/downs towards the last game or two, was shocking playing with randomers with no mics. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,673 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got that scavenger trophy on my 1st run through. Apparently it wasn't suppose to include training manuals but does so will pop early if you've been collecting them.

I missed a few items on my 1st run, especially the rather easily missed items
    In Ellies backpack when you take over as her for a bit

Also missed a few of
    Marlenes recorders/Journal when I got to the hospital
    so the trophy didnt pop right until the end of my 2nd play through.

Going to try and rack up the last few trophies online before doing survivor and survivor +

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If I'm on MP - it'll probably be between 6 -9. After that I won't be around till Sunday realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've had games like that over the years that I just can't get out of my head. Even going back to COD:MW2 days there's games I still think about. COD - search and destroy / Battlefield - Defuse / TLOU - survivors etc there's nothing better than a clutch kill/win on those type of game modes.

Ah yes, Battlefield has been a provider of many great moments like that for me. The broadness of the maps and the depth of equipment can be a catalyst for some truly memorable heroics. Like taking down a scout helicopter with a SMAW before sneaking up behind a squad, knifing one and gunning down the other three, then capturing the point to finish a game with only two tickets in it. Good times. :D

• Advertisement

I'll be on about 9pm for 2/3 hours tonight I'd say so I'm up for joining a party and f**king s**t up. :D

Ah yes, Battlefield has been a provider of many great moments like that for me. The broadness of the maps and the depth of equipment can be a catalyst for some truly memorable heroics. Like taking down a scout helicopter with a SMAW before sneaking up behind a squad, knifing one and gunning down the other three, then capturing the point to finish a game with only two tickets in it. Good times. :D

Reminds me of my greatest kill streak on MW2, had gone about 5mins and 23-0 with a nuke coming up. Had being camping and picking off people and moving around the back and corners of the map, ends up going into a building with about 5 bullets left and see 2 players facing the other way as I sneak in. 2 options, knife both are risk a head shot and knife the other. Went with the latter, head shot one, attempted to knife the other, missed, got knifed back and we eventually lost the game. :o:D

Never ever got close to a nuke after that, think my MW2 K/D rate was about 1.8, nothing spectacular.

which is why I like TLOU MP, theres no stats to pad per se, although I have seen people on opposite teams just take each other to get the trophies but trying tog et 5 downs and on certain maps is difficult enough as the maps can be fairly random and you cant depend on others picking the one you want.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Going to try and rack up the last few trophies online before doing survivor and survivor +

Don't do survivor AND survivor+, just do survivor+.

There's a way. ;)

EDIT:
    Just found out my PX21s work with the PS4(no more crappy "mic") - will be on tonight if anyone wants to invite me.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Don't do survivor AND survivor+, just do survivor+.

There's a way. ;)

EDIT:
    Just found out my PX21s work with the PS4(no more crappy "mic") - will be on tonight if anyone wants to invite me.

I would appreciate a PM of how to do this :eek: would save me a few hours of game play too, or just post it here if its allowed. :o

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I would appreciate a PM of how to do this :eek: would save me a few hours of game play too, or just post it here if its allowed. :o

Thanks.

1. Start a New Game+
    2. Complete Chapter 1 of the game, Hometown
    3. As soon as Chapter 2 begins (20 Years Later), pause the game and save. Exit to the main menu
    4. Choose Chapter Select and select the first chapter "Hometown"
    5. Notice you can now select Survivor difficulty? Select it and play the game from this point on to the end.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/the-last-of-us/guide/

Excellent :eek: Also with all the upgraded weapons that'll make it slightly easier, just a tad.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Wonder if you are playing on a different difficulty setting or a + game and had picked up the ones you were missing on an earlier playthrough?

Nah, because I knew I hadn't picked up one of the training manuals in Lakeside Resort in any of my run throughs but as someone mentioned before the manuals don't count towards the trophy, but that still doesn't count for why I got it without collecting all artifacts. I read somewhere that it sometimes glitches and you unlock the trophy out of no where. I'm not too worried though as I finished off collecting everything last night.

Just finished grounded+ last night, my biggest suspense was upgrading all the weapons as I didn't want to do it on a 4th play-through! I still had a good bit of upgrading to do after I finished with the second last work bench and thought I wasn't gonna get it done. Between the 2nd last bench and the last bench I journeyed high and low looking for parts (and if anyone is familiar with the area they know it's an absolute nightmare!). When I got to the last bench I was sure I would have to do a 4th run of the game to maximise all weapons, but low and behold I made it with exactly 1 part to spare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Still no sign of my copy coming from zavvi, their costumer service has be less than helpful. Coming up to two weeks late at this stage.:mad:

does anyone know if the survivor + glitch works with grounded + ?
    I did survivor ok but think I'd struggle through grounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Still no sign of my copy coming from zavvi, their costumer service has be less than helpful. Coming up to two weeks late at this stage.:mad:

Deal with them on twitter, I find that their twitter support team are far more helpful than going through the website.

Advertisement