Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Nicholas cage :D or mark wahlberg

Josh Brolin would be good alright.
    Mark Wahlberg is tipped to play Nathan Drake.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

With Jaden Smith as Sam :D

Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm or Hugh Jackman would be my picks. For Ellie, I'd rather they go with an unknown actress. Can't see Maisie Williams in the role at all having replayed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

sheehy83 wrote: »
    However, just read something very worrying in that article.

So it's exactly as I'd feared.

Hopes: dashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah here..... :eek::pac:
    Troy Baker agrees with ya :)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/troy-baker-last-us-movie-i-would-cast-josh-brolin-joel-1439359

However, just read something very worrying in that article.

nooo-gif.gif

I can see Brolin in the rule, hes got the right looks to fit Joels character, hes a big and physical too.

Jon Hamm would be an excellent choice too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So it's exactly as I'd feared.

Hopes: dashed.

In fairness though, Neil Druckmann is writing the script. So the film should be good at least.

It's if they try to turn it into a franchise... that'll be the danger....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Gary the Goat to play Ellie

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness though, Neil Druckmann is writing the script. So the film should be good at least.

It's if they try to turn it into a franchise... that'll be the danger....

That's the easiest job in the world. He's already written it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I don't even *want* this to be a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Screen Gems

Don't feel too bad, man. They also brought us the Underworld series, the Hostel series, Ultraviolet...

welp.gif

sarkozy wrote: »
    I don't even *want* this to be a movie.

I really do, but I want it to be faithful movie. Not even for me, but for example, my girlfriend will never play the game while I know she'd love the film.

• Advertisement

I can imagine they'll change alot of the game and add some additional material but trying to narrow down the game into 2 hours or so of film will lose a lot of it what makes it an exceptional gaming experience.

Even if it's the best movie ever made gamers will still bash it no doubt. If it stays faithful to the games script; "It was too predictable". If it throws in a couple of twists and turns; "It didn't stay faithful to the game script".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,674 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's the easiest job in the world. He's already written it. :pac:

I'd say he's under serious pressure turning 6 hours of cutscenes and action into 2 maybe 2 and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm totally fine with them leaving out the bit in the Hotel with the generator.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm totally fine with them leving out the bit in the Hotel with the generator.

I just did that for the first time on Saturday. At first I was all :eek: and then I remembered that I had all these nail bomb things that I'd never used. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

.ak wrote: »
    Hrmm... I've obviously lost my touch. Played through on Normal on PS3. So on Ps4 I started on Survivor. I like the suspense, really ****ting yourself at times, but for some reason I find it really hard to stealth grab the runners. I keep creeping up on them and they just spin around and catch me. Only in the Downtown area and I had to restart the scene on hard in the skyscraper. :(

I've been putting off the hotel basement part for days now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That would translate brilliantly to the screen.

The fall from in the elevator shaft to separate Joel from Ellie and her wanting to climb down to him, wading around in the water, the rats running towards Joel, having to start the generator to power the door and the dread of knowing that it's going to attract the infected. All cinema gold.

There are plenty of things they can drop but that shouldn't be one of them.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I've been putting off the hotel basement part for days now :p

Just remember to give the joypad an old shake before starting the generator. I knew what was coming after the PS3 version so had a plan on what to do but when you hear the big roar and your torch dies, all plans go out the window!

The stalkers
    in the sewers section freak
    me out even more than those in the hotel. You know their around but they're just f**king with ya :pac:

Also, this perfectly sums up Survivor mode.

Jtkb9UN.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

One of the best segments in the game.
    Terrifying.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Time for some pics :D

XNHKHnG.jpg

U1Lv6Ri.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Looks like the MP patch is here. Downloaded it there and on version 1.02.

I'll be playing the SP but if anyone is online, let me know and I'll join for a few MP games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I'm online for a while if anyone wants a few games......irish_stevo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sorry I missed you stevo... next time.

The online still has some serious matchmaking issues anyway. Was worse tonight than over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Can anyone tell me if I miss a collectible can I replay the chapter I missed it on or do all collectibles have to be gotten on the 1 play through? I'm doing well so far with them but have literally missed 1 in Pittsburg :(
    BTW if anyone would like to add me for some MP my psn is Gamer7746 haven't got round to the MP yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

tok9 wrote: »
    Sorry I missed you stevo... next time.

The online still has some serious matchmaking issues anyway. Was worse tonight than over the weekend.

Yeah it was terrible earlier. I just gave up on it. Might give it a go on a while again.

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I miss a collectible can I replay the chapter I missed it on or do all collectibles have to be gotten on the 1 play through? I'm doing well so far with them but have literally missed 1 in Pittsburg :(
    BTW if anyone would like to add me for some MP my psn is Gamer7746 haven't got round to the MP yet :)

Yeh I'm the same, just about finished grounded mode and missed one training manual (damn shiv door) and wonder do I have to go back through the game on grounded+ to collect it? I can't just restart the chapter because I still won't get enough supplies to create a shiv :(

• Advertisement

Oh dear god the very last showdown on grounded, if you die you go all the way back to the start, no checkpoints. I can see this being a very long night :(

Advertisement