Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it with the Irish and Father Ted?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It got old a long time ago. Things dont stay funny and clever if u keep repeating them over and over and over everywhere!.

Father Ted is the exception to the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

What would us students shout at protests if we couldn't say 'Careful now'......

Idiots.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

I agree.

I didn't get where I am today by quoting characters in a TV sitcom.

reggie perrin ???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lapin wrote: »
    Word of advice to OP.

Never ever think about opening a thread complaining about The Simpsons.

Trust me. It'll back fire.

Its been done many a time all over the internet id only be copying someone else :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Careful now...
    kingchess wrote: »
    that would be an ecumenical matter
    dobman88 wrote: »
    Down with this sort of thread.

I laughed out loud. :D

There'll be young people watching Father Ted in 20 years time who enjoy it just as much as their Grandparents did 40 years earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

What are we supposed to talk about, Love/Hate? Id prefer to deep fry my feet

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I laughed out loud. :D

There'll be young people watching Father Ted in 20 years time who enjoy it just as much as their Grandparents did 40 years earlier.

Never mind twenty or forty years time there be a reference to it in another thread somewhere or any irish site somewhere in Ireland in the next twenty or forty minutes....

What are we supposed to talk about, Love/Hate? Id prefer to deep fry my feet

They show tv from other country's as well right?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition! Hang on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Because it's the only comedy that has ever come near to defining exactly what Irish humour is all about.

and Irish society of the last 40 odd years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

We're all going to heaven lads, waaaaaaayyyyy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Anyway OP in 15 years we will all be quoting Mrs. Browns Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Let me first start by saying it was a great show and will always be one of the very best tv series to come out of Ireland.

Why is it though that it goes on and on and on and people act like it was the only thing ever shown on tv over here ?

Everywhere you go there are quotes and catchphrases i mean you cant go a day on this site or most Irish sites without someone quoting something from it.

Ive a pain in me hole with it at this stage theres nothing more annoying then something that becomes so over done and dragged out.

Why do we cling to things so badly as if nothing else ever happened before or after it ?

Why do we have to talk to this fascist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Ah go on, go on, go on go on.....

Never mind twenty or forty years time there be a reference to it in another thread somewhere or any irish site somewhere in Ireland in the next twenty or forty minutes....

It's deeply embedded in Irish culture at this point for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Ted was awesome. For me it showed exactly why Rte are a bunch of usless twats. The old dusty farts in rte were too afraid to air Ted. Considered too controversial. it was way ahead of rtes time (the 1960's) , so it had to be pitched in the uk.

And thank god. Rte would have ruined it. Made some dumbed down, safe, type dribble abomination trying hard to not offend anyone.

A show staring the mad cap Jayson Byrne as Ted and Brian Ormand as Dougal . Makes me queasy.a show much like Jason Byrne's recent attempt which nobody would remember a year later never mind 15 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I was watch Fr Ted 24/7 on Netfix, or my DVD Boxset... Wayhey!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

They show tv from other country's as well right?

Who's a bit of a Moaning Michael tonight?

Jason Byrne even Fr Ted made him appear funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

We are addicted to it because there's cocaine in it......em, no wait, i mean raisins!

• Advertisement

So which one is it then ?

Ireland is an incredibly insignificant country that very rarely we do anything worth while so we need to hang on to something for dear life and never let anyone forget about it incase nothing better ever happens.....

Or

Most Irish people are simple and cant think of anything original to talk about but the same ****e over and over again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Hows your bra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Hairy japenese bastards

(im not being rasist, it was about rabbits)

I'm putting you on my list of enemies OP

Ireland is an incredibly insignificant country that very rarely we do anything worth while so we need to hang on to something for dear life and never let anyone forget about it incase nothing better ever happens.....

Or

Most Irish people are simple and cant think of anything original to talk about but the same ****e over and over again?

Hipster with marketing slogan rip off as username?

Entertaining Father Stone

Father Dougal McGuire: Father Stone's been in there a long time hasn't he? Do you think he's dead?
    Father Ted Crilly: Probably doing tests.
    Father Dougal McGuire: What sort of tests? General knowledge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Or

If you ever say that again, I'll put your head through the wall.

efb wrote: »
    Hipster with marketing slogan rip off as username?

Hipster :pac: ??

:D Best thing ive heard in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Or

Well.......I'm putting you on my enemies list.

• Advertisement

Ireland is an incredibly insignificant country that very rarely we do anything worth while so we need to hang on to something for dear life and never let anyone forget about it incase nothing better ever happens

Advertisement