Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it with the Irish and Father Ted?

Options
  • 05-08-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭

Let me first start by saying it was a great show and will always be one of the very best tv series to come out of Ireland.

Why is it though that it goes on and on and on and people act like it was the only thing ever shown on tv over here ?

Everywhere you go there are quotes and catchphrases i mean you cant go a day on this site or most Irish sites without someone quoting something from it.

Ive a pain in me hole with it at this stage theres nothing more annoying then something that becomes so over done and dragged out.

Why do we cling to things so badly as if nothing else ever happened before or after it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

that would be an ecumenical matter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Down with this sort of thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Let me first start by saying it was a great show and will always be one of the very best tv series to come out of Ireland.

Why is it though that it goes on and on and on and people act like it was the only thing ever shown on tv over here ?

Everywhere you go there are quotes and catchphrases i mean you cant go a day on this site or most Irish sites without someone quoting something from it.

Ive a pain in me hole with it at this stage theres nothing more annoying then something that becomes so over done and dragged out.

Why do we cling to things so badly as if nothing else ever happened before or after it ?

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's pretty much the only TV show to come out of Ireland that's worth talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

whats that? You want everyone to post their favourite ted quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Because it's the only comedy that has ever come near to defining exactly what Irish humour is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

:pac: Uhhh can see this was a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ride me sideways was another one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Bambi wrote: »
    whats that? You want everyone to post their favourite ted quote?
    "F*ckin' hell!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I agree.

I didn't get where I am today by quoting characters in a TV sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looks like a bad thread Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

You're absolutely right op! Down with this sort of thing!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's pretty much the only TV show to come out of Ireland that's worth talking about.

Didn't it come out of England? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

20 GOTO 10

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Father Ted is an absolute classic and has stood the test of time so I think it's only right that the show should live on in the way you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I thought the line was " how soon is soon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Because there's no real possibility of something like it again, in terms of budget. Val Falvey TD was a bastard child of sorts. There were only 6 episodes though. I'm sure if Dermot Morgan were still alive there would have sonething suutable to replace and surpass From Ted though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Well I'm very cynical as you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Kat1170

You're right, down with this sort of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I thought the line was " how soon is soon"

Later maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well........

See already people are repeating the same quotes in the same thread....... Can you not see how this gets annoying when its been going on for years and years :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

See already people are repeating the same quotes in the same thread....... Can you not see how this gets annoying when its been going on for years and years :pac:.

Careful now..

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It never gets old! :D

jebforever wrote: »
    It never gets old! :D

It got old a long time ago. Things dont stay funny and clever if u keep repeating them over and over and over everywhere!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I want to kick to OP up the arse

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Word of advice to OP.

Never ever think about opening a thread complaining about The Simpsons.

Trust me. It'll back fire.

Advertisement