Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it with the Irish and Father Ted?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

The best type of insulation according to my father or was it the worst>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I knew a woman once, but she died soon afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Not sure if this has been said already but it didn't come out of Ireland.
    It was written by two English lads & produced by Channel 4.

Channel 4 - correct.
    2 English lads - incorrect
    Graham Linehen and Arthur Matthews are as Irish as they come

How in the world could 2 English lads have got the Irish humour so spot on?

Anyway, hope this is a wind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Look what happened with Anchorman for example.

Anchorman wasn't even funny to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Tell me, OP, do you still have that big aul hairy arse on ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Tell me, OP, do you still have that big aul hairy arse on ye?

Hah! "Fluffy"!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Room for another 2 in the St. Luke's youth group? Motion Passed! Sit down there!!!

I love the way he almost violently throws Ted onto the seat. The hyper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

This reminds me of Vietnam. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

KungPao wrote: »
    the IT Crowd is garbage

I watched the work outing episode the other day. It wassd one of the funniest episodes of any show I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

darkdubh wrote: »
    An urban myth.Even Matthews and Linehan have gone on record to say this.It was never pitched to RTE.By the way can I say that overall I enjoy Father Ted generally but I never found Mrs Doyle funny.

Football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football… what you men see in it, I don’t know. A load of men kicking a bit of leather ’round a field. You men, the things you think are ‘great fun’. Like going to the films, a load of men sitting around looking at films! And rollercoasters, a load of men in a rollercoaster going up and down on a big metal track! And sailing, a load of men in a big boat floating around in the sea! And shouting, a load of men going around shouting! And so forth…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

what's your favourite humming noise OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

This thread is groundhog day for retards.

Well I have to say, I think you're a very rude man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

what's your favourite humming noise OP?

There was talk of me going to prison there for a while, yeah... Oh it's yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Go on.....

My son!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

More bad news, no no no no no...I was just talking to Fr Ned Fitzmaurice, he tripped on a paving stone and one of his kneecaps fell off.

There's no way around it...we'll have to put him in goal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

chewing gum for the eyes...
    eh no thanks Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

I agree with the OP. Great show, great characters, great quotes, but it needs to be scaled back a little.

Every year in the Sydney St. Patrick's Day parade there's a Father Ted float. Every year. It even won this year. But the parade this year was awful shit.

So, down with that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That it's at least 16 years old, not much got even close to it since AND get into the national psyche...that's a sobering thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

I wonder if this thread will get to page Number Eleven?

Why do we cling to things so badly as if nothing else ever happened before or after it ?

Few things are so multilaterally experienced in Ireland as an encounter with a Tedalike, a Jackalike, a Dougalalike or an Mrs Doylealike. We love what we know.

Everyone knows one, or a composite of the characters. :)

MadPatrick wrote: »
    Every year in the Sydney St. Patrick's Day parade there's a Father Ted float. Every year. It even won this year. But the parade this year was awful shit.

Were the creators running the parade? Because I would just like to say that it's not entirely unusual for the organizers to win sometimes. So lets not be suprised if the same happens here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Why is it though that it goes on and on and on and people act like it was the only thing ever shown on tv over here ?

Why do we cling to things so badly as if nothing else ever happened before or after it ?

You don't remember? You were wearing your blue jumper.

People quote the greats all the time! Friends, Zoolander, the Simpsons, Only Fools! Are ye scarleh just coz it's irish or wha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

People quote the greats all the time! Friends, Zoolander, the Simpsons, Only Fools! Are ye scarleh just coz it's irish or wha

Get out of me way ye dozy bollix.:p

Get out of me way ye dozy bollix.:p

I'm putting you on my list of enemies CK Dexter O Haven

See

Only joking!!! I actually wrote I <3 CK Dexter O Haven!!

People quote the greats all the time! Friends, Zoolander, the Simpsons, Only Fools!

-And what do you think is another quotable show, Father Jack?
    -A pair of feckin' womens knickers!
    -Yes.
    -KNICKERS!
    -I think I'll just stop talking to Father Jack now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Let me first start by saying it was a great show and will always be one of the very best tv series to come out of Ireland.

Why is it though that it goes on and on and on and people act like it was the only thing ever shown on tv over here ?

Everywhere you go there are quotes and catchphrases i mean you cant go a day on this site or most Irish sites without someone quoting something from it.

Ive a pain in me hole with it at this stage theres nothing more annoying then something that becomes so over done and dragged out.

It was good because it was a great show. It had topics in it that only the Irish would really get, and got the humor of the stuffy priesthood.

It is like the inbetweeners. That show is good for the UK market, but have you seen the US version, what a load of ****. Same as shameless actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭paulmcshane

"Ted, Pat was wondering could he put his massive tool in my box?"

Advertisement