Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Are you classing Galway as a big meeting?

150k attendance/ 52 races back to back. Fairly big meeting. But I know what you mean. Its not breeders cup, 7 group 1's. It is what it is given the volume of racing. I tend to have a couple of bets at it, that's it. Its a punters graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

They dont all try, I was involved in a horse who ran a few yrs back and he only ran to:
    A- be one step closer to a hcap mark
    B- It was a day out for us
    C- no other racing was on in Ireland that week and he needed to be hcaped asap as we had a race planned out for him a month later.

Yeah hence I used the word "big" in " ". The "quality" of racing at Galway is probably slightly better than it's perceived to be, but it's poor nonetheless.

I was making more of a general comment - I know of several tipping services who find it easier to find winners in the "big" meetings than on the day-to-day meetings. I didn't necessarily say I'd have Galway classed as "big" so I am sure what you say above goes on a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Is boylesport on the blink for anyone else?

EDIT; Back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

It is classed as a big meeting,

Kilkenny is classed as a city
    BumperD wrote: »
    150k attendance/ 52 races back to back. Fairly big meeting. But I know what you mean. Its not breeders cup, 7 group 1's. It is what it is given the volume of racing. I tend to have a couple of bets at it, that's it. Its a punters graveyard.

Yeah, lots of races and attendance but the quality of the races and horses are poor save for a handful of races.

Bloody raging today, only realised my phone was still on silent from last night around 4 only to see a text from the auld lad this morning who got a tip for Prince Rudi from connections

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Clever aftertiming LOL

Clever aftertiming LOL

Wish it was, he got word about him before and he won that time, extra cash would have been handy, spent most of the day looking at kitchens and bathrooms for our new house.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Got word for dashing lady each way in the first at Galway. Owner has flown in from America especially for the race so fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Maximo, this is the off-topic thread. Any tips you get go into the daily threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

andyman wrote: »
    Maximo, this is the off-topic thread. Any tips you get go into the daily threads.

Sorry about that, in Spain, in a rush, there was no daily thread set up so put it in here.Just wanted to give a bit of info to the few lads left on here as thanks for all the tips I got over the last while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Anybody have just ONE stand-out bet for the upcoming soccer season ?

I think WBA are an awful team who haven't really strengthened and I see them relegated. They are 9/1 to finish rock bottom and I'll have some of that.

Will be a long way to go to beat Adebayor at 33/1 for top Spurs goalscorer as pointed out here in January though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

tomaussie wrote: »
    Anybody have just ONE stand-out bet for the upcoming soccer season ?

I think WBA are an awful team who haven't really strengthened and I see them relegated. They are 9/1 to finish rock bottom and I'll have some of that.

Will be a long way to go to beat Adebayor at 33/1 for top Spurs goalscorer as pointed out here in January though.

Adebayor PL topscorer ew @ 66/1.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Is Sanogo the worst striker in the history of football

Joseph O Brien met the pope

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

It would appear that you have to be an abnormally huge south African to get a job on ATR!!!

It would appear that you have to be an abnormally huge south African to get a job on ATR!!!

A bellybuster as it were!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Guys, you have been warned time and time again not to comment on modding or mod actions in thread. Please use the PM function instead.

Convert how do you close your account?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Convert how do you close your account?

Go to your User Control Panel and you'll find the option on the left at the bottom.

However, as is suggested in feedback, it is advisable to give it some thought first though. Take a break for a few weeks and you might reconsider.

convert wrote: »
    Go to your User Control Panel and you'll find the option on the left at the bottom.

However, as is suggested in feedback, it is advisable to give it some thought first though. Take a break for a few weeks and you might reconsider.

Thanks Convert, been thinking about it from a while.

See yiz around.

• Advertisement

Any humourous stories lads to lighten my day ?

All randomness accepted. Kick start the off topic banter.

What's grey and can't fly

A car park

What's grey and can't fly

A car park

A pigeon with no wings ?

Have had a terrible week and I'm going to get hammered tomorrow for the first time in a long time.

I will be standing in the searing sun with a beer by 2pm.

No women are welcome. Unless they have previously had an IQ test and score above 127.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

A month since the last post bring back pyro he was some tipper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Why has loads of people closed their accounts and where are they gone to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

ste2010 wrote: »

The forum went to pot with ott moderating at times, posters continually not listening to mods when the were trying to explain certain things, a disastrous tips page and the loss of some of the best posters who basically made the forum what it was.

Now unfortunately it is quite boring and very little input anymore just fancies and people biting at each other.

A pity really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭droidman123

ste2010 wrote: »

Get your ass over to the greyhound/racing betting threads,thats were its all happening :)

Currently been traveling like a Bàstard. Sitting at the foot of the Himalayas. Haven't been able to have a bet but both forums are doing quite well.

Congrats boys. Just need to get a local sim to work for international calls. India is a tad beauracratic. It's not helping.

• Advertisement

Quite fancy the well handicapped filly Glassatura in the third at Dundalk. She is being well backed but you can still get 10/1

Advertisement