Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

convert wrote: »
    Are their surnames not spelled differently? Also, I'm pretty sure Liz has won a point to point in the last season, so less than a year ago (i.e. at least since September).

I didn't realize she was in the points business. Something I omitted to check. I would be launching into beau michael if he had the tongue strap on. It wouldn't surprise me if he was being saved for a tilt at a price in galway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

ste2010 wrote: »
    I didn't realize she was in the points business. Something I omitted to check. I would be launching into beau michael if he had the tongue strap on. It wouldn't surprise me if he was being saved for a tilt at a price in galway

Yep, she's had over 450 point-to-point rides since she took out her licence.

Interesting re: the tongue strap. Will be interesting to see how he runs in his next few races, and whether or not he'll have accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Don't know much about golf either but its links and some players are suited, others not so. Irish do well Harrington, McDowell? Clarke winning it, as they play a lot of links golf as amateurs. Links are near the coast so if the wind gets up, it might not suit the yanks who are used to playing in 80 degrees with perfect weather. Add in rain and sometimes they just dislike it and chuck in the towel. Links drain quicker so the ball runs further on the fairway and on the green. It was sunny and dry so one would expect lightning fast conditions but I see rain now in the forecast for Liverpool if my mobile app is correct. If its chucking it down and windy, expect players who are used to playing in those conditions to rise to the top. Which brings me back to the Irish . they were conceived in these conditions. They are used to crap weather and might handle the conditions if it chucks it down. So Lowery 100\1 7 places might be a worth a euro ew of your precious weissbier loot. But I don't know as much as the other lads here so take my advice with a bit of caution :)

Lowery oh so close to placing

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

....Lowery brings Mcllroy down to Clara for a few beers but first they visit his Granny. Shane goes outside to take a call and whilst outside his gran says to Rory cos he's a professional golfer I don't ask him to do chores around the house..would you mind getting a bucket of turf from the shed for me....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Whosthis wrote: »
    The run continued yesterday with my only bet of the day 8.35 Clonmel 3 Old Supporter 20/1 .

Just saw Old Supporter was second last week. Were you on him? I see he's entered for 25th July, too, so may be worth an e/w punt, depending on going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Her Majesty's horse Estimate found to have tested positive for morphine. One won't be best pleased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It'll be interesting to see does she pull her horses from Stoute's yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

It'll be interesting to see does she pull her horses from Stoute's yard.

You mean Micky Stoute, that said no matter how scumbaggy her "knights" behave she lets them keep sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Contaminated feed, why would they move the horse?

Contaminated feed, why would they move the horse?

It's all very odd, I wonder who the other trainers are. be funny if it was Henderson too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

No idea I think there was an article the other day though where the manufacturer acknowledged a contamination in the manufacturing. Seems quite innocent, not sure why a trainer would administer morphine on race day anyway it may be banned but it isn't performance enhancing it would be the opposite surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Seniors Open golf this week. Jimenez is 5/1. Grab it while you can.

No idea I think there was an article the other day though where the manufacturer acknowledged a contamination in the manufacturing. Seems quite innocent, not sure why a trainer would administer morphine on race day anyway it may be banned but it isn't performance enhancing it would be the opposite surely

I hadnt heard it was the food until you said it, I was wondering about morphine, its mainly pain relief but it makes you way groggy. They would hardly use it to keep a high strung horse calm when travelling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Charlie Hills said one of his horses tested positive for morphine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

hucklebuck wrote: »
    You mean Micky Stoute, that said no matter how scumbaggy her "knights" behave she lets them keep sir.

Wasn't Lester Piggott stripped of his knighthood for tax evasion??

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Wasn't Lester Piggott stripped of his knighthood for tax evasion??

And Phil Taylor? I heard he lost his OBE (or whatever it was) for some unsavory incident or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

And Phil Taylor? I heard he lost his OBE (or whatever it was) for some unsavory incident or other.

Adding sugar icing to a cheese scone ?

That tips thread is comical..a friend of friend who owns a sugar farm who lives next door to his neighbor who had a horse once

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

You're obviously new to the tips thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

That tips thread is comical..a friend of friend who owns a sugar farm who lives next door to his neighbor who had a horse once

It's a bit farcical this week to be fair with Galway on but otherwise it seems pretty good.

It's a bit farcical this week to be fair with Galway on but otherwise it seems pretty good.

Generally that thread goes off the rails during crazy season..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Generally that thread goes off the rails during crazy season..

Yeah it should nearly just be closed for Galway, Cheltenham, etcetera. When the shoe shine boy is telling you to buy gold...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

There would be a school of thought that it's actually easier to win money at the "big" meetings because everyone's trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Just a reminder that this thread is supposed to be off-topic to the rest of the forum, not a thread to rant about other threads in the forum.

Bateman wrote: »
    There would be a school of thought that it's actually easier to win money at the "big" meetings because everyone's trying

Are you classing Galway as a big meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Are you classing Galway as a big meeting?

It is classed as a big meeting,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

It is classed as a big meeting,

Worst yr ever re Galway for me can't buy a ****1ing winner this yr
    Dident mean to quote u nuckeytompson

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭ComplyOrDie

Bateman wrote: »

They dont all try, I was involved in a horse who ran a few yrs back and he only ran to:
    A- be one step closer to a hcap mark
    B- It was a day out for us
    C- no other racing was on in Ireland that week and he needed to be hcaped asap as we had a race planned out for him a month later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

naughto wrote: »
    Worst yr ever re Galway for me can't buy a ****1ing winner this yr
    Dident mean to quote u nuckeytompson

Same here naughto - not one bloody winner this year

Advertisement