Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

At least 10 flashes in past 5 minutes or so in West Cork. No thunder though and rain just picking up again. It's certainly happening down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Ya Boo sucks. Nothing is going to happen. Quelle surprise. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

At least 10 flashes in past 5 minutes or so in West Cork. No thunder though and rain just picking up again. It's certainly happening down here!
    Burts Bee wrote: »
    Ya Boo sucks. Nothing is going to happen. Quelle surprise. ..

Just because something isn't happening where you are does not mean it's not happening for everyone else. Less of the damp squib and nothings happening posts we get them every year and their a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Calling it a night in Naas. Just had a nice warm night with a few bevvies and a bbq with mates in the garden. 1.00 am and not even a sign of a raindrop let alone a show. See ya in the mornin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Poppin Fresh

Seeing a lot of flashing here in Blarney (about 6km from Cork City). Seems to be coming from every direction.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Nothing really happening here in Carlow.

Apart from it raining then roasting hot 5 minutes later...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Very quiet in West Waterford, no rain. Have unplugged things just in case, last lightning episode here we lost sky box, router, phone line and solar tubes control box, not getting caught again...
    You may feel a bit daft and dramatic unplugging, but rather that than the hassle and expense if you don't and things get grilled.

Have curtains open too now and fingers crossed :)

I've always been curious about this... where did it hit? and did it blow sockets literally off the wall ? :o

According to ME, it will be another hour for the south before it gets really going.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

South East Kerry very active Thunder/Lightning for the last 30 minutes.
    Dog not impressed.
    Passing brief showers of Low/Mid intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

I am hearing the distant rumble of thunder intermittently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Nothing happening in Offaly. Enjoy the show whoever gets it. I'm off to say a little prayer to Thor and price houses in Cork.

"Just because something isn't happening where you are does not ust because something isn't happening where you are does not mean it's not happening for everyone else. Less of the damp squib and nothings happening posts we get them every year and their a pain in the hole."

- But it isn't happening here and it was forecast for right here

Starting to rain here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Burts Bee wrote: »
    "Just because something isn't happening where you are does not ust because something isn't happening where you are does not mean it's not happening for everyone else. Less of the damp squib and nothings happening posts we get them every year and their a pain in the hole."

- But it isn't happening here and it was forecast for right here

Jesus man be patience, it will come.

rob180 wrote: »
    Starting to rain here now.

Where you?

Thor is here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Just seen my first fork in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Flashes in the sky over Ennis, no noise, no rain, very quiet but we have flashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Seems I'm the last man standing.

I won't be long more, each F5 brings another, but for Cork City, the shield is holding, sferics continued to advance inland in West Cork whilst the brief Eastern Front seems to have stalled ~ thought that was never excepted before about 3am or later.

Never Stop Chasing.

If you look below my user name.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Brighton and Gloucester in England are getting a right pounding, the lucky swines

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

rob180 wrote: »
    If you look below my user name.....

We can't see locations on the phone :)

jamesbere wrote: »
    Jesus man be patience, it will come.

I'm so bad with waiting. I'm sorry! Esp when it comes to a few bevs and weather!

Brighton and Gloucester in England are getting a right pounding, the lucky swines

What site are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Consistent thunder and lightening in Kerry atm. Just saw a flash of blueish lightening right outside the window.

Thunder starting in Cork City.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Hearing distant thunder near Tralee.

Sherkin 11.1mm at 01.00 report

Temp 14.2C atm
    RH 94%
    DP 13C

No rain yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is it safe to watch this from outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

afatbollix wrote: »
    Just seen my first fork in London.

Fork, da devil work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Here it comes .. just hearing huge drops of rain landing on our roof windows!
    1km from City Centre (Cork)

Sounds like hailstones actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement