Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Just had 2 more bangs, the last one to the east over Ballineen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Hiya Boardsies, its been a while.... how ya all keeping? so I believe we have 'Weather'!! yipeeee....

And its great to see that the Cork shield has taken a break and let the storm put on a lightning show. :)

Sitting here wishing I was on the southern coast to catch the lightning ! I haven't seen a good old storm like that in years. The pictures on the thread are spectacular and I'm feeling jealous.

I'm not sure that I'm going to see anything tonight/tomorrow either here in North Leitrim, either because it won't put on a show or it will turn up just when I finally drift off to sleep! lol

Anyway... hope the F5 button makes it through the night for everyone... happy sparks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

All still beautiful and calm on the western front of Tralee. But have moved all my flowers to shelter.That was my main concern.Am off to bed now,may well be woken by a few crashes later. For those of you storm watching,enjoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lesmanic

Much hope for Offaly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Mac_

truly epic now in England, looks like potential worst(or best!) storm in many years

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

Has quietened down here on the sheeps head peninsula in West cork the last 10 mins or so.. Simultaneous flashes and thunder before that tho..very heavy rain now

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Can you tell me what sites to look for best storm info? And I'm in Cork city. Will I see anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Latest radar

[IMG][/img]radar18jul14_zpsd8552c84.jpg

Tis fierce quiet here though. Is it just not going to happen

• Advertisement

Burts Bee wrote: »
    Can you tell me what sites to look for best storm info? And I'm in Cork city. Will I see anything?

I use both of these , i am in Cork City too , very calm here ;)

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

From sat24.com, lightning strikes.

[IMG][/img]sat24-18jul14_zps9e48f99e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Not seeing any evidence of rain or anything dramatic at all in Cork City at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Just west of the city, high location, lightning flashes visible to the south west above very dark clouds, Bandon direction

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Plenty of flashes, claps and down pours in West Cork still. Have the curtains drawn, window slightly open and lights off enjoying the show. For now anyway!

My dog snorted. That's as close I think I'll get to a storm tonight.

My dog snorted. That's as close I think I'll get to a storm tonight.

Must have been some snort , you posted it twice LoL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It looks like this will just be a normal showery day later for Dublin, it's weakening dramatically. The odd heavy shower it seems, so nothing interesting to wait for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Burts Bee wrote: »
    Tis fierce quiet here though. Is it just not going to happen

We've no Joules. We have calm air and no potential energy. Therefore, we are dependent on the passing storm to bring lightning show, rather than a lightning storm.

We won't make anything react, the storm brings it all to us ~ or it does not, it could pass right over us and not drop a single spark.

And it should be lashing rain. ? IN the meantime ~ everything has died [down]. All gone orange, or its a date thing through midnight >?:

314986.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Not seeing any evidence of rain or anything dramatic at all in Cork City at the moment.

its right under you... just southwest

Stargate wrote: »
    Must have been some snort , you posted it twice LoL :D

Well. He snorted twice. I didn't know what was going on. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Glad I slept in today, hoping for a good show, lights off, curtains open. All calm here in Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Plenty of flashes, claps and down pours in West Cork still. Have the curtains drawn, window slightly open and lights off enjoying the show. For now anyway!

I wouldn't be able to keep the curtains shut, just in case I missed anything... well if you are sleeping on the second floor that is... if you are ground floor I suppose you better keep them shut for the sake of the neighbours.. lol...

Nothing better than being all cosy in bed listening to the thunder and torrential rain rattling the tiles on the roof and having the room lit up with lightning... ah... lovely...
    There is a youtube clip of thunder and downpour somewhere... (goes off to find it... found it....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The weather in Limerick is still fair with a light breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm going to call this. Damp squib. In a North Clare it's warm and still with a hazy moon. The system isn't approaching fast and it could have fizzled to a few showers when it arrives later. It's not a very long system anyway. Doubtless it'll introduce showers though once it's passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Nice breeze in West London now. Cooling the flat as it got up to 26c in it today!

No flashes yet but expecting it in a hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Very quiet in West Waterford, no rain. Have unplugged things just in case, last lightning episode here we lost sky box, router, phone line and solar tubes control box, not getting caught again...
    You may feel a bit daft and dramatic unplugging, but rather that than the hassle and expense if you don't and things get grilled.

Have curtains open too now and fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

No its coming right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm going for a sleep, there better be a thunderstorm when i wake up in a hour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement