Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The very latest on the current storms from met eireann over on radio 1 in a couple of minutes.....(after status quo) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The very latest on the current storms from met eireann over on radio 1 in a couple of minutes.....

Ready and waiting :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

rain just started in Glenbeigh. south west Kerry. (please send thunder/lightning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Will this hit Dublin tonight?
    No.

Ah "relentless" - I knew it was our Siobhan did the write up for the met website earlier ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

ya lol, once I read the update on the met.ie I knew she would be on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Once the storm front passes southwest tip of Wales and begins to draw in more unstable air over western England, transporting that across the Welsh mountains, it should induce a wave effect that will stimulate uplift on the east side of the Wicklow Mountains. I am timing that for about 0230-0400h. This is when I think the complex will reach its most intense phase.

More scattered cells further west will probably pulse in phase with that development. Unstable air located over central Ireland after today's heating will then be energized and the entire complex should have about a 3-6 hour life cycle over land before becoming de-energized by mostly the opposite set of conditions, stable air flowing in, downsloping etc.

Thus I would suggest anyone thinking of staying up to watch this unfold, be patient, it may be closer to 0300-0400h before it gets really active.

Dublin timing is about 0500-0700h. Something like a 50-50 chance that it remains very active past that point. Someone asked about Dundalk, could see some action there around 0900h, might be in a declining phase by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Beautiful night in the north east, clear skies and...... bloody nothing happening at all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Once the storm front passes southwest tip of Wales and begins to draw in more unstable air over western England, transporting that across the Welsh mountains, it should induce a wave effect that will stimulate uplift on the east side of the Wicklow Mountains. I am timing that for about 0230-0400h. This is when I think the complex will reach its most intense phase.

Now thats a forecast and a half!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Still waiting in Cork City....eeeerily calm, it really is the calme before the storm....hopefully :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Should miss the south east corner then? (will tell the folks if so)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Time to get some sleep. Alarm set for 2:15 am. Hopefully worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

jamesbere wrote: »
    When's it going to hit cork city

MT says 01:00/01:30 to about 03:00/04:00

It's about a hundred miles away with not reliable speed, the rain has started ~~~~~ yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭squonk

More scattered cells further west will probably pulse in phase with that development. Unstable air located over central Ireland after today's heating will then be energized and the entire complex should have about a 3-6 hour life cycle over land before becoming de-energized by mostly the opposite set of conditions, stable air flowing in, downsloping etc.

Thus I would suggest anyone thinking of staying up to watch this unfold, be patient, it may be closer to 0300-0400h before it gets really active.

Dublin timing is about 0500-0700h. Something like a 50-50 chance that it remains very active past that point. Someone asked about Dundalk, could see some action there around 0900h, might be in a declining phase by then.

Thanks MT. HOw about Clare/Galway Bay? I can see high level cloud building up to the south now but know we'll probably miss what's over Dingle right now. Are we in a more variable zone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Time to get some sleep. Alarm set for 2:15 am. Hopefully worth it.

Ditto NN folks for now!

Btw our friends down in S Kerry may have lost power hence no word from them.

Some serious action in the South of England too at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

If your on Facebook check out my video on Irish weather online from bantry tonight......can't believe it hasn't reached cork city yet

leahyl wrote: »
    Still waiting in Cork City....eeeerily calm, it really is the calme before the storm....hopefully :-P

Dunno. 12:15 now, we're missing something, the western flank has stopped advancing the main front action looks over a hundred miles out at this time?

It is eeeeeeeeerilllly calm, or me just waiting. Tapping finger on keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning moon rising in the east now

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

I bet it will just glide over Offaly without a hint of drama, we will get flipping rain and nothing else :(

• Advertisement

aisling86 wrote: »
    If your on Facebook check out my video on Irish weather online from bantry tonight......can't believe it hasn't reached cork city yet

314979.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

All quite in south east Kerry so far.
    Dry and Calm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Some strikes on land in the last few minutes

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ceolistic

Big thunderstorm over Skibbereen, West Cork right now. Some huge flashes of lightening and really heavy rain pouring down now

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mac_

Things really exploding now in central-southern england...looks like a great night ahead for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

flash of lightning north of Dunmanway, our first. I should have known a few minutes before Trudy the labrador dived into her bombshelter and is now shaking and trying to dig her way through the floor. Time for the thunder jacket:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Looks very active down south England.
    Capture.png

• Advertisement

flash of lightning north of Dunmanway, our first. I should have known a few minutes before Trudy the labrador dived into her bombshelter and is now shaking and trying to dig her way through the floor. Time for the thunder jacket:eek:

Showing on the lightning detectors. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement