Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

rawn wrote: »
    "#Friday #night with this #lovely #lady @friendsname #friends #bestfriends #friendship #fun #happy #girls #drinks #weekend #love"

Posted with a selfie of her and her mate. I mean, c'mon, if you're gonna use that many words why not just write a sentence? Fúckin hashtags.

Was it posted to instagram? AFAIK instagram uses the same '#' tagging system, similar to twittface.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The Snipe wrote: »
    Was it posted to instagram? AFAIK instagram uses the same '#' tagging system, similar to twittface.

FB uses hashtags as well, linked to twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I know we can't say names here but is this person from waterford?

YES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

The Snipe wrote: »

It was Facebook. She posted another today, not a selfie, a pic of an icecream on the beach

"Happy Tuesday ☀️.
    #sunny #sunshine #dublin #ireland #icecream #lovely #weather #finally #summer #ishere"

WHY THE HASHTAGS? I really don't get it. Just write a sentence!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Not a status but some guy on my newsfeed put up a link to a video of some poor unfortunate lad with half his face blown off.. Very distressing.

I googled it for context and it apparently originates from the trouble in Syria.. the guy is conscious and missing his entire lower jaw.

I'm still feeling sick from it.

Why do people share stuff like this.. yes the world is messed up and wars happen but there are kids on Facebook.. they do not need to see these horrors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

banie01 wrote: »
    It's Limerick/Cork slang for girlfriend.

It's also Cant for woman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelta

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

D 2 a user hairs are massive in dat pic really

Translation: Both of you have nice hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Girl on my newsfeed is always doing the hastag thing and it is so irritating.
    She also puts up selfies every day.

She is gorgeous but my God she knows it.
    She has a little boy and she calls him her "sonshine" and the latest photo was of her posing with him in the sun.

"#summer, #icecream, #sonshine, #lovinglife, #posers. #sowhat, #whocares, #bray, #picnic, #bliss"
    She hashtags everything she says.

Last week it was: "#dinner #parentshouse #roast #loveit #stuffed".

:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The way those people use hashtags without really understanding what they are for reminds me of Joey from friends trying to use the hand movement for inverted commas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

xzanti wrote: »
    Not a status but some guy on my newsfeed put up a link to a video of some poor unfortunate lad with half his face blown off.. Very distressing.

I googled it for context and it apparently originates from the trouble in Syria.. the guy is conscious and missing his entire lower jaw.

I'm still feeling sick from it.

Why do people share stuff like this.. yes the world is messed up and wars happen but there are kids on Facebook.. they do not need to see these horrors.

Never mind the kids - this adult does not need to see these horrors (I'd actually call them obscenities) to know that the world is messed up and wars happen. Some of them are faked too, which means less credibility to whatever petition/awareness/plea they are meant to advance, and even worse, a desensitisation to gruesome violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

It was Facebook. She posted another today, not a selfie, a pic of an icecream on the beach

"Happy Tuesday ☀️.
    #sunny #sunshine #dublin #ireland #icecream #lovely #weather #finally #summer #ishere"

WHY THE HASHTAGS? I really don't get it. Just write a sentence!

Speaking of hash tags, came across this on my news feed earlier.

What a great family day! #badminton #badmintonlover #ströckfeierabend #brunch #frozenyoghurt #vienna #familybonding #austria #halfcast #halffilipina #halfcastcouple #pinay #pinoy

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

fussyonion wrote: »

She has a little boy and she calls him her "sonshine" and the latest photo was of her posing with him in the sun.

"#summer, #icecream, #sonshine, #lovinglife, #posers. #sowhat, #whocares, #bray, #picnic, #bliss"

Sounds like someone I know, she isn't a buxom blonde by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Speaking of hash tags, came across this on my news feed earlier.

What a great family day! #badminton #badmintonlover #ströckfeierabend #brunch #frozenyoghurt #vienna #familybonding #austria #halfcast #halffilipina #halfcastcouple #pinay #pinoy

#halfcastcouple

oh dear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Kettle Pot

Sounds like someone I know, she isn't a buxom blonde by any chance?

No she's brunette.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Kettle Pot

She's calling herself a poser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Kettle Kettle

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Apologies.

I get now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Could those hashtags be linked to instagram and as a result it posts to facebook at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A pal of mine of Spanish extraction posted

"Please don't say anything"

following the final whistle of the Spain-Chile match.

I guarantee she's sitting there biting her nails waiting on sympathetic "awww, hun" replies.

There are none so far :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A pal of mine of Spanish extraction posted

"Please don't say anything"

following the final whistle of the Spain-Chile match.

I guarantee she's sitting there biting her nails waiting on sympathetic "awww, hun" replies.

There are none so far :D
    A :pac: would be proper order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness, Chile is of Spanish extraction as well so she should be happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Shouldn't have sprayed them. Probably worth more then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

I can think of guys that'd buy them because they'd been worn..

Edible panties with free icing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

So recently I freed myself from the shackles of Facebook. I permanently deleted my account (not deactivated, if your going to do something, do it right) and I've been enjoying my social media free life since.

I mean honestly what's the point of it? I don't feel the need to share every aspect of my life with the world, I had around a thousand friends (990 of which I don't even properly know)

I honestly could give less of a ****e if Mary is sick and John is happy. It's nothing but a tool for narcissistic droolies to take 'selfies' of themselves and look for attention.

Sure, it was great when I was 15 and acting the nob on it, but it's nothing but a marketing tool and i'm not falling for the gimmick anymore.

Rant over :P anyone feel the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Zed Bank wrote: »
    So recently I freed myself from the shackles of Facebook. I permanently deleted my account (not deactivated, if your going to do something, do it right) and I've been enjoying my social media free life since.

I mean honestly what's the point of it? I don't feel the need to share every aspect of my life with the world, I had around a thousand friends (990 of which I don't even properly know)

I honestly could give less of a ****e if Mary is sick and John is happy. It's nothing but a tool for narcissistic droolies to take 'selfies' of themselves and look for attention.

Sure, it was great when I was 15 and acting the nob on it, but it's nothing but a marketing tool and i'm not falling for the gimmick anymore.

Rant over :P anyone feel the same way?

Don't think for one second that boards is going to be your new Facebook.
    Or else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Don't think for one second that boards is going to be your new Facebook.
    Or else.

Just one aspect :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement