Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Posted on the Gamestop Facebook page

Hello.

I would like some clarification on the situation I find myself in when I try and buy games in many of the Dublin stores,I am being harassed for a long time now and since I was banned from trading in, again I was never fully made aware why, the situation has escalated to a point of I have had a shouting match with a staff member in one branch as I tried to make a purchase to which they would not even attempt to process and have been made to feel like a criminal when I am trying to buy games in many branches.

I am well known to many if not all of the staff members in the Dublin stores and have a good relationship with some above that of a normal customer, I have overstepped the boundaries on more than a few occasions as have they with me, I believe I have been unfairly and uniquely singled out and slanderously labelled a trader I have found myself being harassed by former employees of your company in stores such as CeX, Smyths Toys and HMV ad on internet forums based on the opinions formed in your stores, I am a customer looking to buy and trade games like anyone else.

Regard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Posted on the Gamestop Facebook page

Hello.

I would like some clarification on the situation I find myself in when I try and buy games in many of the Dublin stores,I am being harassed for a long time now and since I was banned from trading in, again I was never fully made aware why, the situation has escalated to a point of I have had a shouting match with a staff member in one branch as I tried to make a purchase to which they would not even attempt to process and have been made to feel like a criminal when I am trying to buy games in many branches.

I am well known to many if not all of the staff members in the Dublin stores and have a good relationship with some above that of a normal customer, I have overstepped the boundaries on more than a few occasions as have they with me, I believe I have been unfairly and uniquely singled out and slanderously labelled a trader I have found myself being harassed by former employees of your company in stores such as CeX, Smyths Toys and HMV ad on internet forums based on the opinions formed in your stores, I am a customer looking to buy and trade games like anyone else.

Regard

I don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

This fellah talks like he has a law degree..but where did it get him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I don't understand.

Presumably the fact that he buys so many games between Gamestop, CeX, Smyths Toys, HMV and internet sellers... but he's just an ordinary buyer, definitely not a dealer?
    Or the poorly constructed 'trying to sound formal' post.
    I dunno really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

As someone who works in a customer environment with more chancers than both houses of the Oireachtas combined, I think I smell cattle manure from GameStop guy.

No-one gets banned from every outlet of a shop for no reason. I would say he knows exactly what he did, he's hoping the tide of social media will flow in his favour and people will become outraged at GameStop on his behalf.

The legalese, the wounded innocence- classic playing dumb tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

ArtyM wrote: »
    2 b fare i tnk its n rt frm itlf. 2 b abl 2 ryt n nvent d spllng ov evree sngl wrd n dat setnz

Am frly wll edukted etc etc

I was actually half way "thru" (see what I did there!!) that before I figured out what it was :o

To be fair I think it's an art form in itself... To be able to write a sentence and reinvent the spelling of every single word in that sentence....

I'm fairly well educated yet that is a skill that I just can't seem to master :(

Awh hun dnt wori ih wil cum too yhoo wit praktis xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

To be fair I think it's an art form in itself... To be able to write a sentence and reinvent the spelling of every single word in that sentence....

I'm fairly well educated yet that is a skill that I just can't seem to master :(

U ok? Pm me hon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ivytwine wrote: »
    As someone who works in a customer environment with more chancers than both houses of the Oireachtas combined, I think I smell cattle manure from GameStop guy.

No-one gets banned from every outlet of a shop for no reason. I would say he knows exactly what he did, he's hoping the tide of social media will flow in his favour and people will become outraged at GameStop on his behalf.

The legalese, the wounded innocence- classic playing dumb tactics.

I don't understand, what is it he's being accused of doing?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I don't understand, what is it he's being accused of doing?

No idea. But he must have done something to get banned. I don't work in gaming but I'm sure there's dodgy stuff people can do when selling games. But the whole tone of the message implies to me that he knows well why he was banned, he's hoping to win sympathy from others reading it.

• Advertisement

No idea. But he must have done something to get banned. I don't work in gaming but I'm sure there's dodgy stuff people can do when selling games. But the whole tone of the message implies to me that he knows well why he was banned, he's hoping to win sympathy from others reading it.
    Yeah, my heart goes out to him. I will remember him in my prayers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

From my newsfeed this morning.....one of many daddys day posts

"To da best daddy in the world xxxxxx love you lots xxxxx happy fathers day from your beautiful duaghter x x x x

Someone is going to have a very good night ;-) ;-) ;-) "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Owryan wrote: »
    From my newsfeed this morning.....one of many daddys day posts

"To da best daddy in the world xxxxxx love you lots xxxxx happy fathers day from your beautiful duaghter x x x x

Someone is going to have a very good night ;-) ;-) ;-) "

Electra?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

ye kilt me did ye haha dats gas your just great at pullin hair arnt che haha ye tink yed trow a ****in dig ugly dog ye yur fannys as slanty as a japinese cat ye brute yed get up on d pope and some people need t grow up ot straite get down off your banana boat

mmm...ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Japanese cats are the benchmark for slantiness now? Well, every day's a schoolday.

Fiolina wrote: »
    ye kilt me did ye haha dats gas your just great at pullin hair arnt che haha ye tink yed trow a ****in dig ugly dog ye yur fannys as slanty as a japinese cat ye brute yed get up on d pope and some people need t grow up ot straite get down off your banana boat

mmm...ok

"You'd get up on the pope" has to be my new favourite insult.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Saw this beaut earlier:
    Reports this all you want 'John' I no you have a fake page you dirty demon.you took my sister and ruined her I haven't seen.her in.nearly 6 months u minipulitive sick.evil C*NT. im.going yo.jail.when I catch you I'll happily go. Im goingto kill you.your ****ing dead. I'll bate you to a pulp.I'll.take you're life.I no that pages is you. Your buried. either me or someone else in my family. I wouldn't shoot you.because its too fast. you ruined my sister I'll make you scream you dirty piece of meat

'John' responds, from his fake page:
    U have me. This IS "JOHN" and I'm going to smash in ur sisters back door in d nxt 5 mins. Hahahahaha u f*cking thick c*nt lol :)

You couldn't make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

At least fake John attempted to calm the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"#Friday #night with this #lovely #lady @friendsname #friends #bestfriends #friendship #fun #happy #girls #drinks #weekend #love"

Posted with a selfie of her and her mate. I mean, c'mon, if you're gonna use that many words why not just write a sentence? Fúckin hashtags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"#Friday #night with this #lovely #lady @friendsname #friends #bestfriends #friendship #fun #happy #girls #drinks #weekend #love"

Posted with a selfie of her and her mate. I mean, c'mon, if you're gonna use that many words why not just write a sentence? Fúckin hashtags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

rawn wrote: »

We may be friends with the same person. My excuse is that we're related so couldn't refuse request :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

"You'd get up on the pope" has to be my new favourite insult.

It's actually "yed get up on d pope"...

rawn wrote: »

Is she smoking hash? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Saw a very disturbing status posted by a friend of mine yesterday....
    So I'm laying in bed enjoying a fathers day lie in
    Started feeling a bit frisky and asked the Beour for a little ''treat'' to help me celebrate the special day :P
    She turns to me and says ''you're not my fecking father''
    Never has an erection disappeared so quickly!
    One of us will definitely need some counselling after this!
    #thisaintStarWars

Is it wrong that I laughed when I read this??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Beour??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

banie01 wrote: »
    Saw a very disturbing status posted by a friend of mine yesterday....

Is it wrong that I laughed when I read this??

"Whose yer daddy?":D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Beour??

It's Limerick/Cork slang for girlfriend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's Limerick/Cork slang for girlfriend.
    Phew, I thought it meant son/daughter which puts a really weird slant to the post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's Limerick/Cork skanger slang for skanger girlfriend.

Fyp

:)

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Phew, I thought it meant son/daughter which puts a really weird slant to the post

So a fella asking his GF for a fathers day Blowjob
    And being told ''you're not my fecking father''!
    Isn't already a weird enough slant? :p

Made me realize how she always gets away with just giving her auld fella a card!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement