Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shystrawberry

In December I left school. I was in LC. I couldn't handle the pressure

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very down.. Flatmate moving out has kinda knocked the stuffing out of me.. Why does everyone leave? I must be awful to be around.. Hospital never made appointment so kind of stranded. Effort to even type..

Should prob add that i think what i'm feeling is abandonment more than anything, lost so many people from moving away, leaving country and dying that i'm just lost..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Wishing the sun would come back.
    Makes everything easier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

In December I left school. I was in LC. I couldn't handle the pressure[/QUOTE

School will still be there when you're ready to go back. Just concentrate on getting yourself strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Any tips for handling self blame ? I can at least catch or notice myself when I'm at it now , but still do it way too often.

Even bit of self blame there :)

Anyone else have this problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Had to go to a party Friday, some strain trying to keep a happy face going. Ended up a bit manic. Now drifting along the bottom and terrified to go to work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Had a relatively decent twelve months mainly due to medication but minds been going downhill in past 12 months. Tiny things make me anxious and I'm really not dealing particularly well. So I'm arranging counselling to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

For general anxiousness (not a specific thought or cycle) I find looking deeply at the quality of the feeling, magnifying, treating it like any other curious object and seeking to hold onto it has the effect of it slowly dissipating.

If you think about it, how often does trying to get rid of the feeling actually perpetuate it. Logically, trying desperately to hold onto the feeling will do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

For general anxiousness (not a specific thought or cycle) I find looking deeply at the quality of the feeling, magnifying, treating it like any other curious object and seeking to hold onto it has the effect of it slowly dissipating.

If you think about it, how often does trying to get rid of the feeling actually perpetuate it. Logically, trying desperately to hold onto the feeling will do the opposite.

Yeah trying to get rid of anxiety by "ignoring it" or ignoring the fears behind it doesn't work for me. Of course I still try very hard to ignore them and do that almost all the fecking time too. Grr.

I find a counsellor great for that , kinda a safe space to look at the fears.
    I'm getting better at doing that myself too , but "big fears" are hard to do with and sometimes I woundn't even know what they are.

Stuck in a paranoid loop at the minute.. I trust nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Dreading the lonely long weekend that awaits.Been doing very well over the past few weeks thanks to the counsellor I've been seeing,but crashed back down this evening for no particular reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AnonAsimov

I started back on citalopram recently because of stress and mild depression.

Not sure if its me or the job.

I really hate my boss and job and feel like quiting.

Annoyed at everything. My lifestyle sucks. I live at home but work fulltime. I usually fall asleep after work. Wake up eat dinner then sleep again. Weekends I sleep in and walk the dog.
    This isn't what I went to college for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've been feeling pretty down for the past couple of days, despite getting some good news recently. I was supposed to go to a degree show tonight but ended up walking out after just five minutes due to anxiety. I'm supposed to go to a concert tomorrow night but really not in the mood for it. I just feel so frustrated and disappointed with myself.

Same here, went home to bed 36 hours ago and just about up now. Work in three hours. I think i haven't noticed my sliding back into hibernation of late..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I think I've been so bad of late because I've been trying so hard to see the positive, to not have regrets that I've not allowed myself to feel sad or upset about certain things. I do naturally seek out the positives in negative situations but in regards to certain things I'd done so to the extent that my upset over the situation had been buried and left to fester without me knowing. Ended up all coming out when trying to write a letter to someone and been feeling a bit better since. Still not great but feel more on the mend now than stuck at the bottom. That said how long it will last I don't know...

I just burst into tears because I have to go to the shop to buy dinner and I just worked out so I have to shower first but I'm hungry and want to eat now. I'm moving country in just over a week and I can't even handle washing and going to the shop. I hate this so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

I just feel so alone.I wake up alone,I eat breakfast,lunch and dinner alone and then I go to bed alone.I go to the gym and for walks like my counsellor suggests,but I do those alone too.

Long weekends are the absolute worst.I hate work,but at least I get to feel like a normal human being and get to interact with people when I'm there during the week.Life just seems pointless some times.

Been very down for a while now. The odd thing distracts me for a few minutes but then crash again, physical pain in my chest. I even cried today which never happens. I'm trying to breathe and i brought the dog out also to see would a walk help but seriously just want to eff off and die. Not able for this constant strain..

Been very down for a while now. The odd thing distracts me for a few minutes but then crash again, physical pain in my chest. I even cried today which never happens. I'm trying to breathe and i brought the dog out also to see would a walk help but seriously just want to eff off and die. Not able for this constant strain..

Have you talked to anyone? I can't remember if you ever mentioned having a counselor or therapist. If the suicidal thoughts get really bad maybe it would best to go to A&E.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

So after an anxious period my pdoc added valium into the mix. After three weeks she has halved it and I have kept taking the full dose because when I cut out my evening dose I was extremely narky and irritable I will ring for another appointment Tuesday to try get to see her. I'm sick of this merry go round. I'm on so much medication and therapy and still have anxiety. Although the valium is helping but don't wanna be off it yet. I seem to feel better for a few weeks and then crash down again. What's that all about?

• Advertisement

Have you talked to anyone? I can't remember if you ever mentioned having a counselor or therapist. If the suicidal thoughts get really bad maybe it would best to go to A&E.

I think i will be in casualty if this persists the next few days.. Things getting on top of me in a way they haven't done in some time.. I had been in counselling but ran out of money. Awaiting next hospital appointment for psych doc. Thanks for replying though, much appreciated.

I think i will be in casualty if this persists the next few days.. Things getting on top of me in a way they haven't done in some time.. I had been in counselling but ran out of money. Awaiting next hospital appointment for psych doc. Thanks for replying though, much appreciated.

No bother. Whatever happens look after yourself. x

Still crawling along. Got two more shifts to do.. If i am still this bad suppose it'll be hospital time..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AnonAsimov

Not totally sure if I'm right or not but I'm quitting my job. I've booked flights for this month and I'm handing in my notice tomorrow. I finished work on Friday and was already dreading coming in Tuesday that same day. I hate that job it's not really in my field and I'm treated like crap.

Since I've taken that job I've dropped a college course I was doing and am back in medication. I've enough saved to last a couple of months so I should be ok.

I sure hope this works out. I'm sick of being unhappy.

AnonAsimov wrote: »
    Not totally sure if I'm right or not but I'm quitting my job. I've booked flights for this month and I'm handing in my notice tomorrow. I finished work on Friday and was already dreading coming in Tuesday that same day. I hate that job it's not really in my field and I'm treated like crap.

Since I've taken that job I've dropped a college course I was doing and am back in medication. I've enough saved to last a couple of months so I should be ok.

I sure hope this works out. I'm sick of being unhappy.

Are you flying to somewhere you know?. Staying in a job that's ruining your head is often very bad for mental and physical health so I would not blame you for leaving.

Waiting in mental health centre to ring me back with appointment. As when I halved my valium dose last week I've had anxiety ever since :( hoping I get appointment soon today to try get meds sorted out. Have had a few med increases the past few months. Hope they help me so hard looking after two kids under three with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Hope they get back to you soon, it's horrible being in limbo like that. Sure keep posting here if it helps, or feel free to send a PM anytime

Thought I'd post an update. I've not been great, but trip away was a good break. I did a lot of travelling and it wasn't super relaxing. I gave my OH a bit of a hard time, some of which was out of line and I feel bad over that. I did have an anxiety attack while away so maybe I was bottling things up.

I'm very tired now I'm back and have a lot on. Also jetlag hit me like a ton of bricks. Friends have been wonderful, and I'm trying to change my attitude a bit too. Work isn't great. I had a bad experience before I went away and was dreading coming back, BUT less so that if I hadn't stood up for myself before I went away. So I'm being good to myself over that. I found a great website that has been helping me put things in perspective.

I'm trying to be more positive and not let other people's negativity affect me, or let one bad situation spill over into other aspects of my life. I'm still v tired but have made an appointment with psychotherapist for next week, booked some exercise classes and time with friends. This has made me feel better and I'm so grateful for this support. I feel a bit distant from everything still though - for example I arranged to meet friends at the weekend and while I had a lovely time I was anxious beforehand (sure why would they want to hang out with me? theyre only doing it cos they have to...) and I feel bad for negative things popping into my head when I feel I should be happy.

I got the job I wanted and am happy to work there, I just have a crap stay of execution in my current job, though I'm seriously considering taking sick leave if I can, though I'll just feel like a quitter :(

stinkle wrote: »
    Hope they get back to you soon, it's horrible being in limbo like that. Sure keep posting here if it helps, or feel free to send a PM anytime

Thanks they got back to me with appointment in morning with my psych first thing so here's hoping it helps me.

• Advertisement

lukesmom wrote: »
    Thanks they got back to me with appointment in morning with my psych first thing so here's hoping it helps me.
    oh brilliant, how do you feel now? does this help you get through the day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement