Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mux 2 Launched / Saorview Rescan Required

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

STB wrote: »
    RTE1 and RTE1+1 are on the other mux frequency.

Thank You!

In this case is Mux Freq the Channel No I am searching?

CH48 is getting excellent Intensity of 76% and Quality of 87%
    CH55 is getting Intensity of 75% and Quality of 58%
    Not a dicky bird on CH55 :-

Is it worth adjusting the aerial to get that Quality Up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

sgthighway wrote: »
    In this case is Mux Freq the Channel No I am searching?

CH48 is getting excellent Intensity of 76% and Quality of 87%
    CH55 is getting Intensity of 75% and Quality of 58%
    Not a dicky bird on CH55 :-

Is it worth adjusting the aerial to get that Quality Up?

Signal quality is a bit low for Mux2, with the aerial correctly setup for Maghera the signal strength and quality should be the same for both muxes.

Where is your aerial located, outdoor/indoor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

The Cush wrote: »
    Signal quality is a bit low for Mux2, with the aerial correctly setup for Maghera the signal strength and quality should be the same for both muxes.

Where is your aerial located, outdoor/indoor?

Located outdoor.
    One like this: http://www.tvtrade.ie/images/detailed/2/saorview-uhf-tv-aerial-black.jpg
    Nothing blocking it as the crow flies but it is under the soffit of the house.

sgthighway wrote: »
    Located outdoor.
    One like this: http://www.tvtrade.ie/images/detailed/2/saorview-uhf-tv-aerial-black.jpg
    Nothing blocking it as the crow flies but it is under the soffit of the house.
    Link not working but I assume it's this standard contract aerial - http://www.tvtrade.ie/black-wide-band-uhf-aerial.html

The aerial could be a little low under the soffit but you could try adjusting it yourself, small movements, checking the meter as you go until both muxes display similar strength and quality readings. Your target is as close to 100% signal quality as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I assume again the aerial is connected to both the Freeview box and TV? Do you use the TV for both Saorview and Freeview? How is the aerial split to TV and STB?

How many aerials are on the roof for both Saorview and Freeview reception?

Feeding 9 apartments there must be some form of distribution amplifier in the setup. You may have get someone in to check the aerial and the signal at each TV point.

Just to let ye know we solved the problem of RTE1 being pixelated since retuning to the HD version. Turned out to be simple in the end. The coax cable had to be replaced. :rolleyes: It was too long and the plugs were not great quality so we got a shorter cable and proper good quality plugs and now we have RTE1 coming in loud and clear! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Test channel 13 is now showing epg info for what looks like RTE ONE+1. This channel is not on the guide as it is still hidden. I wonder are RTE extending the hours of RTE ONE+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hesus2003

neighbours house has saorview and last night only rte1, rte junior, and rte news are working all channels were there yest tried to rescan channels and still only these channels came back
    aqnyone any ideas on what i could try?

hesus2003 wrote: »
    neighbours house has saorview and last night only rte1, rte junior, and rte news are working all channels were there yest tried to rescan channels and still only these channels came back
    aqnyone any ideas on what i could try?

Most likely insufficient signal for Mux 1 that carries the other channels. Could be an aerial or cable problem.

What type of aerial are they using?
    First and simplest would be to check all connectios from aerial to TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I have a samsung TV and I have done a re-scan several times but cannot get RTE 1!!

Can anybody help?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

saorview tuner and are you using what type of aerial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

greasepalm wrote: »
    saorview tuner and are you using what type of aerial?

yeah, /i have all the other channels - its built into the tv.

Using a set top aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i use one of these.how many channels found on scan,mine has 15tv and 40 radio.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LASWGzdxQO8

mystic86 wrote: »
    yeah, /i have all the other channels - its built into the tv.

Using a set top aerial.

I assume RTÉ1+1 on position 8 is also missing as they're carried on the same frequency/multiplex?

Problem most likely the set-top aerial, not recommended for Saorview reception as they can be prone to local factors that can result in signal interference/loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭eddieoregan

What's up with the sound on 3e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Haven't used Saorview in quite some time here in Lucan, they've definitely boosted the signal.

I got a lot of breakup before & thankfully that has been sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 spawinte

Used to get RTE1 fine. Did the rescan as instructed and had it for a while on channel 11. Now I have no RTE1.

A retune detects something for channels 1 and 8. The TV says they are RTE1 and RTE1 +1 and I can get listing data but it's just a black screen that occasionally flashes up crazy jumbled up images that are mostly pink or green.

This is in Dundalk. I'm using the built in tuner on a 2010 model year TV.

spawinte wrote: »
    Used to get RTE1 fine. Did the rescan as instructed and had it for a while on channel 11. Now I have no RTE1.

A retune detects something for channels 1 and 8. The TV says they are RTE1 and RTE1 +1 and I can get listing data but it's just a black screen that occasionally flashes up crazy jumbled up images that are mostly pink or green.

That's a textbook example of a weak signal. Your aerial isn't picking up mux 2 properly. Check that the box is tuned to the correct frequency for your area. If that's already correct then check the aerial and connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

spawinte wrote: »

Same for me in Dundalk for new Samsung TV, however I can receive RTE 1 on my old Samsung TV upstairs in house. Confused.

sibersha wrote: »
    Same for me in Dundalk for new Samsung TV, however I can receive RTE 1 on my old Samsung TV upstairs in house. Confused.

I assume if you moved the new Samsung TV upstairs all would be OK, most likely the signal is weaker at the downstairs TV point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I got a new Samsung and find the in-built Saorview tuner to be very sensitive. I am using a bit of bent wire (from a coathanger) as an aerial and have had no problems with the signal but previously the same bit of wire did not perform that well with the other TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Maybe try a gold plated coathanger next time Sam :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

ninja900 wrote: »
    Maybe try a gold plated coathanger next time Sam :pac:

It works perfectly with the new Samsung. No gold needed (except to pay for the TV).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

The test pattern on LCN 11 is now showing up on my Samsung TVs as unhidden.

Same here after a rescan, getting ready for UTVI test transmissions maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Same here after a rescan, getting ready for UTVI test transmissions maybe?

Early 2015 can't wait!

I wonder have UTVI signed a carraige deal with 2rn and if so would it be posted up on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

natashaob6 wrote: »
    I wonder have UTVI signed a carraige deal with 2rn and if so would it be posted up on their website?

I'd say that UTV will announce all carriage agreements together.

I did a rescan on my panasonic hdtv today and test channel 11 is still hidden. It can only be accessed by pressing the number keys on my remote controll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Channel 11 is hidden for me again now. I can't imagine there would be anyone conducting tests at 2RN on a bank holiday weekend, so maybe it was a technical bug.

• Advertisement

Channel 11 is hidden for me again now. I can't imagine there would be anyone conducting tests at 2RN on a bank holiday weekend, so maybe it was a technical bug.
    I was thinking it must still be a bit early for tests regarding UTVI.

Advertisement