Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

I need my passport for identification this Friday the 9th. Just checked online tracking and it says issue date is the 9th. Any chance of getting it on the 9th by collection? How would I go about this?

Give them a ring so they can put a note on the application so that when its nearly approved they will see the note that you might want to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Give them a ring so they can put a note on the application so that when its nearly approved they will see the note that you might want to collect.

It would transpire, from reading these threads, that rinigng the pasport office is pointless. It genuinely sounds like their system is designed to stop people from getting through.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It would transpire, from reading these threads, that rinigng the pasport office is pointless. It genuinely sounds like their system is designed to stop people from getting through.

Not at all. Once you get through to customer services you can ask for a comment to be put on the application. It def wont work if you're looking for it before the issue date without proof of travel though. Its worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FeeNi

Not at all. Once you get through to customer services you can ask for a comment to be put on the application. It def wont work if you're looking for it before the issue date without proof of travel though. Its worth trying.

I've been trying to get through on the phone since Thursday last week and every time have heard an automated message saying due to a busy period they are not answering calls, and to email instead....I have been ringing the LoCall number as well as 01-6711633 (both numbers from the website) do you know is there a separate number for customer services?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tiny lady

when i called i was put in a que for someone to answer and after like half an hour of waiting i just hung up its a waist of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Redlady14

Hi! I got my sons passport photos signed and stamped in the Garda station but ink from the stamp has slightly smudged 2 of the photos the other 2 are fine what should I do???

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tiny lady

once a passport has been approved how long does it take to be sent out to me, does anyone know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

If you are going to go to the Cork Office to make a query on a passport in process (they don't seem to answer the phone or emails). Do you make an appointment via www passportappointments ie or is it OK to just queue on the day. The Appointment process seems to be for actually applying for the passport not a query on it's issuing. ti's working day 12 now since my application and it looks like I'm not going to make getting it by post , but it's likely the passport will be printed today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

took my passport 18days to arrive.... and that was back at the beginning of february, before the summer season, so can just imagine how long it takes from now on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

For children under 3, does anyone know for travel to the UK (mainland).

Do they require their own passport or anything at all?

or are they added to one of the parents passports?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Actually I got a very helpful call from the Cork office responding to my email, telling me my passport will be available for collection in Cork before I travel.

Even though they are quoting the timing down to 10 days at the moment on the web site, I do think the summer rush has started...

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Does anyone know the proper way to cut passport pictures? Can you send them all together as 4? or Would the post office cut them if you asked?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

retweet wrote: »
    Does anyone know the proper way to cut passport pictures? Can you send them all together as 4? or Would the post office cut them if you asked?

Thanks!
    Send them in all together. Let the passport office cut them. I wouldn't let the post office do anything with them only post them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

so my passport is still only registered and nothing else happening, supposed to be getting it on the 13th (according to the website)
    Whats the chances of this happening at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Mince Pie wrote: »
    so my passport is still only registered and nothing else happening, supposed to be getting it on the 13th (according to the website)
    Whats the chances of this happening at this stage?

No reason why not. They generally don't start moving along until they are in a while. Passports due for 9/11/12 etc will take priority

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Hi all,

I'm applying for a visa for Hong Kong and they require your passport to be valid 6 months after you return to Ireland, while my current one is valid for only 3. I'm studying over there this September and have to hand in my visa application forms to the university (they deal with the 'visa office' then in HK) by the 15th of this month.

I have two options here, I think.

1. Ask the college for an extension of the deadline and apply for a passport through the 'express' method, which claims to deliver passports between 3-10 days which I could probably just about get away with. However I'm a little concerned it could end up taking longer than that?

2. I'm not sure if I'm eligible, since they only claim you can do this when you are travelling in less than 10 days, and I'm only applying for a visa, but would it be possible for me to acquire a new passport in the office in Dublin in the next few days if I travel up there?

Also, this might seem like a stupid question but I want to make sure. I'm currently 19 and my passport is of me when under 18, i.e. a child's passport. So, when I am asked "Which service do you require?" do I choose:
    Renewal\Replacement of previous Irish Passport - Adult (Aged 18+) or
    New Irish Passport - Adult (Ages 18+) ?

Massive thanks to anyone who replies, getting a little stressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Wesc. wrote: »
    Also, this might seem like a stupid question but I want to make sure. I'm currently 19 and my passport is of me when under 18, i.e. a child's passport. So, when I am asked "Which service do you require?" do I choose:

Your new passport will be an Adult passport. They're not going to charge you the cheaper children's fees when issuing a 5 or 10 year adult passport.

Gatica wrote: »
    Your new passport will be an Adult passport. They're not going to charge you the cheaper children's fees when issuing a 5 or 10 year adult passport.

They asked if it was a renewal or a new passport!
    OP ask in the post office when they are checking it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Sorry, I misread the post. The adult passport will still be a renewal, i.e. you don't have to prove entitlement to citizenship anymore as you already have a passport, even if it's a child one.

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm applying for a visa for Hong Kong and they require your passport to be valid 6 months after you return to Ireland, while my current one is valid for only 3. I'm studying over there this September and have to hand in my visa application forms to the university (they deal with the 'visa office' then in HK) by the 15th of this month.

I have two options here, I think.

1. Ask the college for an extension of the deadline and apply for a passport through the 'express' method, which claims to deliver passports between 3-10 days which I could probably just about get away with. However I'm a little concerned it could end up taking longer than that?

2. I'm not sure if I'm eligible, since they only claim you can do this when you are travelling in less than 10 days, and I'm only applying for a visa, but would it be possible for me to acquire a new passport in the office in Dublin in the next few days if I travel up there?

Massive thanks to anyone who replies, getting a little stressed!
    Express method is 10 working days and through the post office. Do you mean the 3 day passport you can apply for in Molesworth street office? If so you will need proof of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Hi
    I applied for 2 passports for myself and baby through passport express yesterday, they'll get it Monday so does that mean I'll have it back within the 10 days or it will be sent on the 10th day (the following Friday week)
    Or say if it hadn't arrived by the Thursday could I go up and collect it?

Got a great deal on a holiday for Saturday 24th but I'm afraid to book in case I don't get the passports back on time and it's the only week I can go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Need to renew my passport and was wondering can I get forms from my local Gardai station (in Leixlip) or do I visit the office in Dublin?

karaokeman wrote: »
    Need to renew my passport and was wondering can I get forms from my local Gardai station (in Leixlip) or do I visit the office in Dublin?

Garda station or post office should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Garda station or post office should have them.

Cheers bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Mrs W wrote: »
    Hi
    I applied for 2 passports for myself and baby through passport express yesterday, they'll get it Monday so does that mean I'll have it back within the 10 days or it will be sent on the 10th day (the following Friday week)
    Or say if it hadn't arrived by the Thursday could I go up and collect it?

Got a great deal on a holiday for Saturday 24th but I'm afraid to book in case I don't get the passports back on time and it's the only week I can go

At this time of year you just don't know. If the due date is Friday, May, 23rd someone might not actually look at the applications until the 23rd. Things are done in a strict date order. If the passport is approved on the Friday, it might not actually go into the post until Monday the 26th and not get to you until the 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Redlady14 wrote: »
    Hi! I got my sons passport photos signed and stamped in the Garda station but ink from the stamp has slightly smudged 2 of the photos the other 2 are fine what should I do???

Send in the 4 of them. Only 2 need be stamped, signed and form numbered. They will use the 2 ok ones for the ID page photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Would appreciate opinions on how best to renew my passport.

I'm in Spain with a plan to be back in Ireland in very early July but with a loose plan of flying out again within 3 weeks. My passport expires July 20th.

Renewing via a Spanish consulate can take 10-12 weeks MINIMUM so that's a non-runner.

I see there are 2 important changes to the passport renewal procedure due to kick in from June 30th.

1. That Passport Express will become the standard postal arrangement. Applications by standard & registered post will not be accepted after June 30th. Interesting to note that it highlights a "guaranteed turnaround time (currently 10 working days)". Reading previous posts on here it might be advisable for them to widen that "guaranteed" window somewhat.

2. A new appointment service at Molesworth St (booked online) will cater for those travelling at short notice (3-10 days). Proof of travel arrangements will be needed here. Customers not travelling within 3-10 days should use Passport Express.

I'm guessing putting faith in Passport Express in my situation would be playing with fire or would the pressure on the Passport Office, and therefore Passport Express, be less at that point seeing as a good number of folk would have their holiday plans made & passport issues resolved prior to July?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Hi, I applied for the renewal of my child’s passport through Passport express, it was received on the 02.05 & is listed as having an issue date of the 16.05, does this mean I will get it on the 16th or it will be posted on the 16th & I will not receive it until the 19th?

• Advertisement

celticbest wrote: »
    Hi, I applied for the renewal of my child’s passport through Passport express, it was received on the 02.05 & is listed as having an issue date of the 16.05, does this mean I will get it on the 16th or it will be posted on the 16th & I will not receive it until the 19th?

Don't know if this helps but mine was received on the 29th of April, its now being checked but the issue date is 13th. I doubt I will get it tomorrow as its still to be approved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement