Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

My passport photo didn't have my shoulders on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

This post has been deleted.

It can considering the TD 'desk' is now gone.

They might get a reply, but might not be what they want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Does anyone know what is the quickest way to get a passport? By post or calling into the office? Need it in a few weeks. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hi folks, hoping someone can help me out here :).
    I'm about to apply for an Irish passport for the first time. I need to send documents to support it and the only form of photographic I.D. I have is a Citizen card (http://www.citizencard.com). I use it to fly within the UK all the time. Do you think they'll accept it? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I'm about to apply for an Irish passport for the first time. I need to send documents to support it and the only form of photographic I.D. I have is a Citizen card (http://www.citizencard.com). I use it to fly within the UK all the time. Do you think they'll accept it? Cheers!

If it's a first time application, would it not be an issue of sending your long form birth certificate (or equivalent foreign certs plus your parents docs) or proof of naturalisation together with attested photos? Not sure that foreign issued photo ID falls into any category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Reiketsu wrote: »

If you mean can you use it as the form of ID for your application. Personally I don't see why not if it's a legally recognised form of ID. However, if that's not an Irish ID it may be difficult for the passport office staff to ascertain themselves of the fact. You may need to contact them to explain or maybe ask the Garda signing your ID photocopy.

If you mean something else, you'll need to be more clear on what type of application you're making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Gatica wrote: »
    If you mean can you use it as the form of ID for your application. Personally I don't see why not if it's a legally recognised form of ID. However, if that's not an Irish ID it may be difficult for the passport office staff to ascertain themselves of the fact. You may need to contact them to explain or maybe ask the Garda signing your ID photocopy.

If you mean something else, you'll need to be more clear on what type of application you're making.

Yes, that's what I meant. So much stuff to send. I have everything else I need but I'm unsure if my photographic I.D. would be acceptable. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

A certified copy of your photo identification, such as your driver’s licence, or the original form of your passport from another country or your college identification card.

You can get it certified by the person who witnesses your application form.

We can guess about as much from that statement as you. If your application is not urgent, send in what you have and hope for the best. I sent in copy of driving licence, but that's more straight-foward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cosher10

Hi,

I got some bad news about a friend who is seriously ill in china and i need to see them leaving on the 13th of May. I have been out to China recently last year so i know about getting the visa etc. this is where it gets complicated my passport is expiring in August and i cannot go to China if your passport expires in less then six months.

I am thinking if i go into the passport office tomorrow morning can i get a passport A does it have to be an emergency one or can i get the standard 10 year one. I can't apply for my Visa to china until i have my passport so applying normally or express is not possible any help would be greatly appreciated.

im in a bit of a panic.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I got some bad news about a friend who is seriously ill in china and i need to see them leaving on the 13th of May. I have been out to China recently last year so i know about getting the visa etc. this is where it gets complicated my passport is expiring in August and i cannot go to China if your passport expires in less then six months.

I am thinking if i go into the passport office tomorrow morning can i get a passport A does it have to be an emergency one or can i get the standard 10 year one. I can't apply for my Visa to china until i have my passport so applying normally or express is not possible any help would be greatly appreciated.

im in a bit of a panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Get on to a TD or Senator.
    Members of the Oireachtas have access to some kind of fast track for passports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

cosher10 wrote: »
    Hi,

im in a bit of a panic.

The 6 months validity is a requirement for a Chinese visa.

@cosher10 - to get a visa to travel on May 13th you'll need to apply on May 5th/6th so you'll need a passport before then. It's a big risk to book flights and hope to get a passport in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hi all, quick question, just checked online and it says

Received on 29/04/2014 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 13/05/2014

does that mean it will be done no delays? Want to fly on 16th but haven't booked my ticket yet, would it be ok to book a ticket based on that as the prices are likely to go up fairly soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question, just checked online and it says

Received on 29/04/2014 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 13/05/2014

does that mean it will be done no delays? Want to fly on 16th but haven't booked my ticket yet, would it be ok to book a ticket based on that as the prices are likely to go up fairly soon.

No. It has to go through the checking process and that is where they will find any problems (Hopefully not)

It will stay at registered for a while then go through checking and approval quite quickly once no issues.

Hi,

thanks al got sorted pick up passport tomorrow so i can start the visa process on tuesday i have to say staff in Passport office very helpful.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Just as an FYI for those using the Passport Express option.

Four passport renewals (2 over 18, 2 under 18) were posted on the 14th April (the Monday before Easter) and were received back today the 1st May.

So they were posted on Working Day 10 (there were 2 bank holidays in between).

I'm very happy with the turnaround given that the local Garda Station was like Passport Grand Central with people needing signatures when we were there!!

Hi,

i am to colelct my passport from the passport office in dublin tomorrow does anyone know if it is possible for my father to collect it on my behalf.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

cosher10 wrote: »
    Hi,

i am to colelct my passport from the passport office in dublin tomorrow does anyone know if it is possible for my father to collect it on my behalf.

thanks

I was able to collect my mother's so shouldn't be a problem. Give them your receipt and a letter giving your permission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭lavinia hathaway

Hi all,
    Does anybody know if you can still keep your old Irish passport? I know they used to cut corners off and return them. Is this still the case? The current passport still has valid visas but has run out of pages.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭lavinia hathaway

That's great, thank you kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FeeNi

Hi, I'm in a bit of a tizzy and wondering if anyone can offer any advice..my infant daughters Passport Express application was received on 23/04/14, it is still at the Received/Registered status but Passport Tracker says it is to be issued tomorrow, Wed 07/04/14. We fly Sunday 11/04/14. I've e-mailed last Fri and this morning, enquiring whether I should send on copy of our flight tickets (I didnt orininally send them on as I believed there was a 10 working day turnaround and there wouldnt be a need to).
    I've had no response so far.....has anyone else recently applied for an initial passport, and if so, was it issued within the 10 working days?
    Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The passport office made an error on my child's passport. I sent it on 14th April and only got back today with wrong date of birth ( wrong by a long shot) We are flying on 19th May. Will I post it back (as they suggest) or go into them? Really don't want to let the kids down if it doesn't arrive back in time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tiny lady

Bicycle wrote: »
    Just as an FYI for those using the Passport Express option.

Four passport renewals (2 over 18, 2 under 18) were posted on the 14th April (the Monday before Easter) and were received back today the 1st May.

So they were posted on Working Day 10 (there were 2 bank holidays in between).

I'm very happy with the turnaround given that the local Garda Station was like Passport Grand Central with people needing signatures when we were there!!

Hi I just want to know did the online tracker tell you the passports were ready or did they just come cause I have been waiting the same length of time and it still says there in the registered stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I need my passport for identification this Friday the 9th. Just checked online tracking and it says issue date is the 9th. Any chance of getting it on the 9th by collection? How would I go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tiny lady

it might say the 9th but it might not be approved yet, i only just got approved today and it said the issue date was the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If it's any way convenient go in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement