Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

ABlur wrote: »
    Comic on tour!

Jaysus there hasn't been that much propaganda in Paris since the 40's :D

JOKE! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

some pics

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Nice stock there Naughto, tidy looking job on the section.
    What age is the oldest Lim bull you're training?

more

Nice stock there Naughto, tidy looking job on the section.
    What age is the oldest Lim bull you're training?
    18months
    wasent going to put up the pic of him as he is not one of or best that we have had,he was very slow to put on weight and condition and it has taken a lot of meal to get him to where he is,and even now we dissapointed in him.his mother was a great lump of a cow put was throwing bad calves so she got the road

• Advertisement

any one spot any thing in the pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

naughto wrote: »

Nice cattle. What else did I miss in the pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Tidiest bit of stitching I have ever seen done on a cow!!

moy83 wrote: »
    Nice cattle. What else did I miss in the pics
    two different sheds

[quote="naughto;his mother was a great lump of a cow put was throwing bad calves so she got the road[/quote]

Did ya try a few different bulls on her?

• Advertisement

Did ya try a few different bulls on her?
    ya we did but it was a mixture of little or no milk and small calves
    for the price of the straws ya want to be getting good calves.

like the bb from the section she will be a massive hefir and shes from a commercial and allways throws great calves
    dont no what happen this time with the section as she got the same bull as last yr and calved herself.(cant think name of the bull)

ya we did but it was a mixture of little or no milk and small calves
    for the price of the straws ya want to be getting good calves.)

It's a different type of breeding this purebred lark!
    You're spot on with the milk thing, a cow that hasn't enough milk to rear her calf ain't worth having in my opinion.

It's a different type of breeding this purebred lark!
    You're spot on with the milk thing, a cow that hasn't enough milk to rear her calf ain't worth having in my opinion.
    now can you please tell that to my brother its his farm after all i just stand in agap when iam needed

he is coming around to the idea as this yrs calves are small
    one pb cow had twins and there no bigger than the dog,but give them good grass and meal and they will thrive like hell.
    i

i just stand in agap when iam needed

Don't be selling yourself short, you mix it with the best of them here.

Don't be selling yourself short, you mix it with the best of them here.
    did a lot a farming yrs ago had a bad accident 5yrs ago,did not do any feeding this winter,or draw any silage last summer.will be the same this summer.its not worth the pain after it but i have to say i do miss it.iam only 33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

did a lot a farming yrs ago had a bad accident 5yrs ago,did not do any feeding this winter,or draw any silage last summer.will be the same this summer.its not worth the pain after it but i have to say i do miss it.iam only 33

Sorry to hear that naughto , could you keep a few in the brothers herd to make your own decisions with . There is plenty of other work you could do like the paperwork side of farming

Christ. We do tend to take our health for granted. If you can keep tipping away without strangling yourself it would be something.
    Take care of yourself no matter what.

moy83 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that naughto , could you keep a few in the brothers herd to make your own decisions with . There is plenty of other work you could do like the paperwork side of farming
    thats what i plan on doing in the near futher.busy now at the moment with a 6month old baby boy,which reminds me i need to get off this yoke,7am is coming fast and iam up ealy to feed,so i can go on the p1ss tomorrow night and sleep some of it off monday monrning

Christ. We do tend to take our health for granted. If you can keep tipping away without strangling yourself it would be something.
    Take care of yourself no matter what.
    it wasent a farm accident that i had cant go in to it on here legal involved and all that craic

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

thats what i plan on doing in the near futher.busy now at the moment with a 6month old baby boy,which reminds me i need to get off this yoke,7am is coming fast and iam up ealy to feed,so i can go on the p1ss tomorrow night and sleep some of it off monday monrning

Ha 7 am ain't early :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

There was an old thread here on twitter Taltos, maybe if we kept it to that and if someone put up their username on it fair enough rather than other posters putting them up. I'm on the phone now so can't send a link to it but if you search the forum you'll find it.

Thanks for that.
    Yup, if you reveal who you are that's one thing and that makes sense, just bear in mind that posters here who haven't still deserve to protect who they are out of here. So long we keep to that we should be fine.

Thanks .Kovu. for putting up that Twitter thread. Won't be adding my name to it, don't want my "out"laws to find me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

whelan2 wrote: »
    2 year old friesian heifer with a bit of AA breeding in her

You would mistake her for a jex

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You would mistake her for a jex
    yup, milked her this morning for first time , shes a smasher, her mother has great solids and kids always look out for her as shes easy to spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

yup, milked her this morning for first time , shes a smasher, her mother has great solids and kids always look out for her as shes easy to spot

Is her dam an aax?

Is her dam an aax?
    yes out of an ruu cow and she was from an lbo cow,

yes out of an ruu cow and she was from an lbo cow,

How did ya end up with her? Fr bull or wrong straw or what?

How did ya end up with her? Fr bull or wrong straw or what?
    fr heifer went in calf to an aax bullock that wasnt a bullock, liked the look of her as a calf so held on to her, she is 7 now and has had 3 frx heifer calves in the last 3 calvings, one that calved yesterday was the first of these calves. The heifer that calved yesterday is out of br/fr bull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

fr heifer went in calf to an aax bullock that wasnt a bullock, liked the look of her as a calf so held on to her, she is 7 now and has had 3 frx heifer calves in the last 3 calvings, one that calved yesterday was the first of these calves. The heifer that calved yesterday is out of br/fr bull

It would be good to see how she compares to your other heifers (off br / ho cows).
    In terms of quality (milk & calf)

• Advertisement

Farrell wrote: »
    It would be good to see how she compares to your other heifers (off br / ho cows).
    In terms of quality (milk & calf)
    the one in the photo calved last night, she had a smasher of an aa heifer calf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement