Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Delay email batch!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Mine didn't come today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Yea I've been thinking who to put down. Mate is in the riot squad and helped set up the pca. For the other person I was thinking my headmaster lol let the nerd jokes commence....

You shouldn't use serving officers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

19087 wrote: »

It doesn't say that anywhere? I know that you used to be advised not to but I assume it's no longer the case.

Clare1304 wrote: »
    It doesn't say that anywhere? I know that you used to be advised not to but I assume it's no longer the case.

OK, I should have worded that differently. Yes, the form doesn't specify that you can't - but if you ask any serving officer to be a reference they should tell you that they are unable to. They are meant to be totally impartial and therefore it's recommended that they don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

19087 wrote: »

I have one down on mine. And I'm in the first batch of passes. Never heard anything back so I think it's OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Would it not be classed as 'canvassing' to have an officer as a reference?

Is it not more of a referee rather than a reference? Just to confirm you are who you say you are

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Incidentally, am I the only 1 who doesn't know any police officers? Sometimes feels that way around here ha

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Good idea to start thread, I'm another B, and keeping fingers crossed! Postman hasn't brought me anything interesting yet

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Another B waiting on the postman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KT0903

Hi, I'm another B. Hopefully hear something this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sgt Hooks

B here too. Horrible to think we may get through the next five stages and still not get a place :-/ happy to still be in with a chance though :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

virgin to the boards!...but have appreciated the input from others! cheers!

B too folks and just have to get used to another "wait and see" if get a PCA date / vetting -- still nowt in post -- will update if hear anything so others know if they are still waiting, as I have found it helpful getting an idea of how things have been progressing, so thankyou again to those who have posted info!

like many others, worried about previous stupid ailments/meds from years ago - but, what will be, will be!

good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 azrael99

B here as well, 66% in the AC. Hoping to get my vetting forms/PCA date this week. Obviously they are dealing with the highest scorers first and the rest of us just haven't been gotten to yet. Remaining hopeful :)

Just heard that a friend of mine who also passed the AC but was in the delay group received vetting forms today in the post. Fingers crossed :)

hi, great news, hopefully.....do you happen do know what grade or mark he/she got???

as far as i know a B so hope for all of us yet :)

happy days! cheers....keep those arms, fingers, legs, toes all crossed we hear next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

azrael99 wrote: »
    B here as well, 66% in the AC. Hoping to get my vetting forms/PCA date this week. Obviously they are dealing with the highest scorers first and the rest of us just haven't been gotten to yet. Remaining hopeful :)

I'm 66% too! someone with 68% got their vetting forms so could be any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Just noticed this thread, i'm a low B - the end report killed me a bit but a pass is a pass!

• Advertisement

CDizzle wrote: »
    Just noticed this thread, i'm a low B - the end report killed me a bit but a pass is a pass!

Exactly! A lot of people would have killed for a low B. Although that would probably have messed up their vetting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Nearly had a heart attack this morning, saw an envelope with the PSNI crest hanging in the letterbox. My hopes for PCA/vetting were sadly dashed when I seen it was addressed "to the occupier" and they just wanted to tell me how good their 2013 was.:o:(

biker701 wrote: »
    Nearly had a heart attack this morning, saw an envelope with the PSNI crest hanging in the letterbox. My hopes for PCA/vetting were sadly dashed when I seen it was addressed "to the occupier" and they just wanted to tell me how good their 2013 was.:o:(

Anything from psni will come in a nice non descript plain envelope!

the teases!!!

Still no word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Is there anyone with 67% or above not heard anything yet?

Somehow read the thread title as biatch :rolleyes:

Ever since you posted this I've been doing this too. Although it's more 'Delay email, bitch' in pure Jesse Pinkman style.

Dekkers wrote: »
    Ever since you posted this I've been doing this too. Although it's more 'Delay email, bitch' in pure Jesse Pinkman style.

I'm watching breaking bad at the minute so I could have named it that! Although don't think the thread would have lasted that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Dekkers wrote: »

I think its the exclamation mark that does it as i glance over it ! :pac:

• Advertisement

Clare, i think someone who got 68% had mentioned they got vetting forms on saturday...I've a 66, like few others, and still waiting....and waiting.....and waiting...............

Advertisement