Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Haha!!

Next stop IST....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Pain in the bollix to do that IST again though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Personally I'm more concerned with the prospect of re doing the AC.

All quiet folks?

I haven't heard anything, you?

• Advertisement

Not a thing. I'm not expecting to until this next round of PCA's are over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

i'd agree- cant see anything happening for us until the medicals are over for ones currently finished PCAs

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'm expecting the next group will hear something in about 5 weeks. Not basing this on anything i've been told or anything, just a feeling i have.

it would seem its gonna be a long wait....ah well, at least we get to enjoy the lovely weather!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

Ah well, more time to get fit.

• Advertisement

If anyone is interested, HM Prison Service are recruiting prison officers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Do you have a link? Thanks for info

Cant find anything about it anywhere ! :P

Where did you see it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I checked the NIPS website, nothing there. They were recruiting this time last year, I applied, passed all stages and am awaiting a job opening (they recruited in order of merit, I wasn't high enough to get in immediately) and have been in this position for months. I can't see them doing a new campaign when I know there are others in the same boat (obv I may be wrong).

All prison officers wanna be peelers anyways though :-)

I knew there was a recent NI prison recruitment so long ago, checked out the 'mainland' websites, no joy there either!

It's not the Northern Ireland Prison Service, it's HM Prison Service for England and Wales. It would be worth considering in terms of experience for the AC if unsuccessful with PSNI this time round.

I just had another look at the jobs sites for Prison Service and National Offender Management Service and they have been taken down, I'm not too sure what the closing date was but I applied 2 days ago and completed an online selection test last night....strange :/

The Civil Nuclear Constabulary and MOD Police are still recruiting. https://cnc.engageats.co.uk/Login.aspx and http://www.mod.police.uk/recruitment.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

vickmackey wrote: »
    Would they actually run a new campaign before they have fully finished the current one??? Would seem very confusing especially when funding is a key factor and they don't know yet how many will get through from current patient waiters!
    Maybe SHIELD can advise on this??
    It looks like the next intake may be either June or July, so all the information they are collecting from all applicants who are still in the merit pool (Medical, ability to pass the PCT, Vetting) will stay valid and will be 'frozen' if you like, until they get all the results back and determine if you have passed and you are eligible and will be called.

It has happened in the past that a new Recruitment Campaign has started and an applicants Vetting is still outstanding from a previous Campaign. There is no need for them to reapply until they get a 'Dear John' from Campaign 'Old'. Some like to cover themselves and apply for Campaign 'New' just in case they've failed Campaign 'Old' so they'll be ready to do it all again if necessary, this time around perhaps a little bit wiser.

If you don't understand any of the above, just let me know which bit and I'll do my best to try and make it clearer.
    vickmackey wrote: »
    again, much appreciated SHIELD -- just 1 wee question you could maybe help with please?....if the intake is ??september??, will those of us waiting for PCAs, and the rest of the process, be likely to get dates for these soon, so HR has list of names ready to go...??
    See above. It looks like it'll be sooner. I'd say they already have a shortlist of Candidates by now. I think there will be more intakes than just 2 this year. I reckon 4.

Over on the waiting thread someone must have been at their induction weekend.

Looks like they are starting a new squad every five weeks.

Hopefully this is good news for us and we should hear soon :-)

• Advertisement

thankyou very much Shield!
    and Oztop!!

So I come home open door and see on the mat a large white envelope addressed to me.....happy days vetting forms :-) well chuffed

Open letter only to find it's from my solicitor in relation to a house purchase........

DEVASTATED!!!!

Well I'm happy my solicitor has approved it but wished it was vetting forms.

Ah well

It's quite frustrating having to wait, even if we were given an approximate date as to when we should expect our forms, it would take the edge off.

Yup. Or put us through the first parts of our next stages to get us ready in the background for starting --- at least they would know how many were waiting in the wings and could give an idea of start dates along with knowing how many needed from new campaign
    Well, that's my tuppence worth!

Yeah I don't really see any reason why vetting etc should be put off. Perhaps they don't want a back log of candidates waiting on dates for medicals/PCA at any one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I guess they're just doing smaller manageable batches every 4-5 weeks given that the merit list lasts the rest of the financial year. It would seem the batches so far were 108, 162 and now another seemingly small (108?) batch. I don't want to jinx anything, but I remain positive for any of us with a pass e-mail - near to the bottom of the pass e-mail, it states 'those passing automatically continue to the next stage'. It's hopefully more just a matter of time as to when everyone is phased now. Would love to know how many are going through the stages administered by PSNI.

Already discussed also, the 378 number is a bit confusing as it seems to ignore the funding that was already secured under the last financial year for 100 officers. The link below was one of the first news stories on the recruitment drive which clearly referred to the 100 already secured and their hope to secure funding for a further 378 in 2014-15. Here's hoping it's for a total of 478.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24152112

That's a good point. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Haven't posted in a while.

I have no doubt that we will all receive pca dates etc and that we are all still in for a shout at a position.

When my brother applied a few years ago, he had to wait 8 months for a pca date/vetting forms, but I highly doubt any of us will need to wait that long, they need officers quickly, once they can get the funding for the further 400, (which they clearly will get) then the process will quicken up.

Just keep using this time to train for pca, keep watching the police programmes and enjoy the spare time that you have!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Hi all, just wondering is there anyone in the delay batch that had their pca date? I've mine and don't seem to hear anyone talking about the next one

• Advertisement

Nope not yet, how did you find out?

Have you received vetting forms yet?

Yes got my vetting forms end of feb and got my pca date start of April. Just no one seems to be in this one but just me lol it'll be some craic!

Hahaha Jesus, what did you get at the AC, I got 62 and haven't heard a thing since. Did you get your AC result on 25th march?

Nope I'm mid may :)

Did they send you an email with PCA date?

• Advertisement

I got 81 and was in the delayed batch. Got pca date in the post. Some craic if I pass and my intake is 1 lol

Sgt, were you by any chance given more time by Deloitte to sort out your ICT qualification? I think a small number, according to here anyway, have progressed to vetting & PCA who were in the delay group only due to being given time to sort the ICT qual confirmation, who would have otherwise went through with the second batch (score of 70+).

I'm not sure how it's being worked, though. I know someone who scored 69 in the delay group with no movement yet, but I seen someone progress on here with a 68 I think? Maybe average scores between IST and AC count towards merit? Who knows.

That's a really good score, can't imagine why they have taken their time progressing you, and thanks now I know what to look out for, fed up checking emails.

I assumed all 68's and above were at the same stage as me? Can't see why that wouldn't be the case. I got over 60 in my IST but honestly can't see that having any relevance on merit except when in direct comp with others who got 68 at ac. But as you said who knows.... Confusing process.

I was held back as they had to get confirmation for my IT. Just wondering as have heard anyone else in my boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mark1969

I just passed with 60% and haven't heard anything at all yet, but been training away.

All we can do at the minute! :-) we will hear soon

I've heard people who failed ist within a certain amount have now been invited to ac, due to "lack of qualifying candidates". Sounds like it's true. Whilst we are still waiting on vetting/PCA etc. thoughts??

Almost sounds as if they don't want to process the B group. But it says on the breakdown score "minimal future development required"

If that's true how long would it take to organise from start to finish.

Worrying......

Exactly, B still meets the standard. I've heard suggestions that even with the Bs there won't be enough successful candidates but it's all speculation. If they need more then surely they'll be processing our applications? I don't know what to think of it.

I know someone who failed IST by one. I'll ask this person to if they have heard anything.

Really? Not enough even with B's. Surely they should be processing us soon.

Not sure what to make of it myself. Stay positive just.....

Would you say your information has come from a reliable source?

There is a PCA familiarisation this week I think. Maybe those people might find out some info

I thought HighburyLad had received correspondence to that effect a while back, as if there was a 'back-up' list of those who scored just shy of the IST pass mark to be put through AC if there weren't enough candidates in the merit list passed to PSNI. If Highbury still follows any of these threads, maybe he'd be able to clarify if he's received anything?

Personally, if it's true, I'd take it as a good thing? Maybe suggests there aren't enough in the merit list to reach 478 appointees after you factor in fails, non-attendance etc.

I'm trying to see it as a good thing.

A friend is also in delay batch, a friend of hers got invited to ac and someone else we know has also heard back with an invite to ac.

I'm hoping it's promising for us, guess I'd feel more at ease if I'd received vetting forms etc..

Yeah, I'd be more at ease knowing the ball is rolling and progressing. Feels like limbo whilst waiting for the PCA invite and vetting forms.

Still remaining positive and at least there's a few of us in the same position. I'd take a stab at the next batch being processed around early / mid May?

At first I liked the extra time to prepare fitness wise. But now I'd like to hear something... Couldn't tell you when the next batch will be, I can't work out their thinking at all with that to be honest!

• Advertisement
Advertisement