Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

What did you score in AC?Did it come through as a letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Hi all, got my pca date on Friday. Only just seen it as I was away. While I'm excited I've a date I'm not too sure I can get that particular date off work! Cudnt have picked a worse date in the year for me! Here goes!

Lucky you!! Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Just popped back in for a gawk ! See nothing has changed and same B guys are advancing even further!

Anyone friendly enough with a serving officer that could find out from HR what their plan is for us?

How hard is it for them to send off a group email update to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Sgtmort got an a* if I remember correctly so is say he's one of the very few with a pca date :( No one else got forms yet I assume? No insider friends here I'm afraid!

Forgive me then so :pac:

Was there not another 1 or 2 in addition to SgtMort?

I don't like being treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and being filled full of shíte with rumours/speculation. lol

Yeah he got an a* I checked his posts.

I was tempted today to send an email to HR just to ask for a rough timeline or any indication but read the AC results email and thought better of it.

Just trying to put it out of my head and prepare and believe it will happen for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Hi there, part of the delay batch that only received their results a few weeks ago. Scored a very high B and received my vetting forms a week ago. Just waiting, fingers crossed, for a PCA letter to come through the post now. Anyone in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Yea got a* and it came in the post. Also gives details on a familiarization session and to wear training kit too. I'd say everyone should have their letters the next few days and I'd assume wer all in for the same pca date as I can't see who else is left!

Get excited folks there coming in the post now!

I'll give it two weeks before i take the aptitude test books down off the shelf again! :pac:

• Advertisement

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Yea got a* and it came in the post. Also gives details on a familiarization session and to wear training kit too. I'd say everyone should have their letters the next few days and I'd assume wer all in for the same pca date as I can't see who else is left!

Get excited folks there coming in the post now!

I hope you're right!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Yeah I kind of assumed we'd all have vetting forms by now at least. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since we got the glorious pass email.

yeah, defo weird that the higher grades got vetting forms and no dates....would think if they were gonna do that, they'd have just sent out all the vetting forms so they have them in place....but sure, all part of the mystery!!

I'm hoping they were putting the first squad together then coming back for us to send us out forms etc....

saving the best for last??!!!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 azrael99

Anybody get any post today?

• Advertisement

Won't be home until after 5! I'll post something up if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KT0903

No post for me : (

Getting tight for this PCA at the end of the month then

azrael99 wrote: »
    Anybody get any post today?
    :(
    NOPE! NOWT FOR ME!
    really are teasing us! :rolleyes:

yup! especially if you get 2-3 weeks notice.
    maybe start of May...............
    2015!!

• Advertisement

No post

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Not even a bill in the post for me.

Truth be told im happy enough for a day or 2 so i can polish up my fitness and really be on top form for PCA.

Im a rugby player but trying to do alot of circuit training in prep for my PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 OAaron0

PT93 wrote: »
    Hi there, part of the delay batch that only received their results a few weeks ago. Scored a very high B and received my vetting forms a week ago. Just waiting, fingers crossed, for a PCA letter to come through the post now. Anyone in the same boat?

I am in the exact same situation, know a few others who got their vetting forms on the same day as me and got their PCA dates a few days later, but they had low A's.

Started to think mine was lost in the post! I assume I'll get a letter soon for a PCA date for early may

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

Another day of waiting!

just pretend its practice for undercover surveillance!

My friend (also a 68) has got his forms now so hopefully they're starting to work through everyone in order of marks :)

sorry, did they just recieve the forms Clare? - or was it when the AC results came out?

They got them the middle of last week :)

oooooooooooooo!! getting closer!!
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Any post for anyone today?

• Advertisement

Not a thing. Always worry when my gf says just junk mail so I threw it out but I did check it!! I always have to go and double check

Very quiet on here today

I really think that it's too late notice now to have pca's end of April. And I doubt they would have them the start of May due to when people are starting in GV. I think it could could be 3rd week in May or thereabouts.

I'd agree with that.

Even last week of May.

I'd love to know when they hope to have their full quota in training by and the numbers in each squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Im 68 and still nothing!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Hey just checking has anyone heard anything? I have a 66 and havent heard yet. Just out of interest theu said at the start it would go on a merit system and would take in the ist, ac and pca does anyone know thats the way they are doing it?

As far as I was aware it was only AC they were taking into account.

It's based on ac score but obviously a lot of people will have the same score so they use the ist score to divide these people by merit. Pca is pass/fail so has no bearing on merit list. :)

This current "merit list" lasts until march 2015. So It could be a long wait if they are taking squads right up until then.

Long wait or not, as long as we have a chance without having to apply again! It's just the numbers they are allowed to take that is the problem for us.

• Advertisement

If it's 50 odd per intake 378 would take us up to January*. Interestingly, if initial reports of 100+378 being recruited are true then that would take us up to the aforementioned March.

*if I've worked it out proper like :)

So in other words, chances are slim for the vast majority of us then ! :pac:

So in other words, chances are slim for the vast majority of us then ! :pac:

A slim chance is still a chance :)

Also, how can 'slim chance' and 'fat chance' mean the same thing? Sorry for the digression but IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE.

Found this online...
    "Technically speaking, there is a slight difference between the two. A slim chance indicates there is still some hope, while a fat chance basically means no way in hell something will ever happen.

I believe that the expression "slim chance" came first, and eventually people wanted to be emphatically sarcastic they used the opposite of "slim" and designated something impossible as a "fat" chance. "
    ....hope you'll sleep tonight after reading that...

Also thought id ask again, anyone know a member of the police(or indeed some of the constables who post on here) who would be willing to find out what is happening to the rest of us B's?

Highbury_lad, are you about? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I don't know if serving officers would hear anything about what's happening to B's either? Unless they know someone involved in recruitment. I don't think officers I know could answer that for certain anyways

Eventually somone will email HR and ask.

But hopefully some information comes to light before that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

.S. wrote: »
    I don't know if serving officers would hear anything about what's happening to B's either? Unless they know someone involved in recruitment. I don't think officers I know could answer that for certain anyways

Yes guys very few officers (if any) are involved in HR and therefore any answers they give is just speculation. I know officers and staff who hear various rumours and know start dates etc... but none that are privy to that sort of info.

Only high ranking hr staff would know but would probably not be able to disclose as it could be dependant on 'operational needs'.

So just a waiting game really. If rumours are true and there is a new drive starting soon then I'll apply for that as well.

Would just love some guidance on where the B's are

• Registered Users Posts: 38 azrael99

I can't imagine if we are already on a merit list which is valid until 2015 that you would need to apply for a new campaign

sure its something we can ask when we do eventually get a PCA date :-)

If we get a PCA date I reckon there is a good change of getting a place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement