Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

IanVW wrote: »
    So whats the story now??
    Providing there's no draws tomorrow....either Waterford or Clare will have 6 points and then there will be 5 teams on 4 points going into the last round of the league games..

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Providing there's no draws tomorrow....either Waterford or Clare will have 6 points and then there will be 5 teams on 4 points going into the last round of the league games..

the losers of galway & tipp will be on 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Ropaire wrote: »
    If Moran doesn't play cb i can see Bourke goin out to mark Kelly and Coughlan in the corner, but to be honest moran is the best option for cb with molumphy going back to midfield and jake in on the 40.

Kelly isn't starting for Clare today (unless of course it's a dummy team named by Davy).
    Best of luck to the lads today, it'll be very tough but I don't think there will be much in it either way.
    Hon the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Cake Man wrote: »
    Kelly isn't starting for Clare today (unless of course it's a dummy team named by Davy).
    Best of luck to the lads today, it'll be very tough but I don't think there will be much in it either way.
    Hon the Deise

Chances are it is a dummy team. Its Davy after all he's the master of naming dummy teams. Honn the deise

Are they showing us on TG4.

Disaster, can't live with them at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I know theres a whole other half to play but looking after our scoring difference atleast could be crucial

Jesus were getting hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

3-13 to 0-2. Not good lads

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

4.14 to 3 points. Horendous display from Waterford. Its worse we have got, dont't deserve to be playing against teams like Clare who can play hurling. This is a worse beating than Kilkenny gave us in 08.

deise_girl wrote: »
    I know theres a whole other half to play but looking after our scoring difference atleast could be crucial

Thankfully it comes down to head to head so scoring diff prob won't matter.

This is horrible, absolutely soul destroying. Can't even win a ball. Clare 4th goal humiliating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

4-15 to 0-4 h/t. 4-15 would win at full time in nearly all games

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

After shippin 4 goals we still leavin o'donnell on his own with connors in fullback line. This is gona get far worse before it's over.

Hard to see what we can change to make any sort of improvement, we are just being outplayed everywhere. We will be doing well to keep this less than 30 pts.
    Galway hammering Tipp 3-8 to 0-9 at ht, mad league.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Thankfully it comes down to head to head so scoring diff prob won't matter.

This is horrible, absolutely soul destroying. Can't even win a ball. Clare 4th goal humiliating

Im just thinking that the points are so close chances are a few of us could end up on 4 points, where it would come down to scoring difference! Like one of Galway or Tipp will most likely have 4 points by the end of the day, so then that would be us, Kilkenny, Dublin and Galway/Tipp on 4, with they cant all win their next weeks game.

Really believed we'd avoid a relegation final, by the way we played every game so far this year but if this beating keeps up.. :(

Now we send the team out with the kids games still on to get nice and cold standing on the pitch waiting for clare. Serious de ja vu from that pasting we got here in an u21 game a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

First 3 points of second half. Comeback is on....

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Clare are just on a different level to Waterford. Every time one of their players gets the ball in hand they are looking up to see what is on, making the right decision every time no matter what pressure they are under. They love taking on their man, putting a pass to a player in a better position and are deadly accurate with their passing and striking. I tell you this that man Paul Kinnerk has completly changed Clare hurling since he has come in, first with the minors in 2011 and 2012 and now with the U21's and seniors.

In training they play games in small groups in confined areas improving their decision making ability while on the ball and it shows big time against us. Clare are simply magical to watch. I am sitting here in tesco carpark opposite cusack park and I know this Clare team are just miles ahead of us and will be for the next few years. Also we could have done with the Brick out there to settle the defence, I know Moran is a good hurler but Clare are just walzing around him and he has not been in the game at all hitting a ball right over the sideline and giving away a free from lying on the ball. Back to the drawing board lads and getting their heads right for the probable relegation game in 2 weeks. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

5 points to no score second half

there goes our come back

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

alllcounty wrote: »
    Clare are just on a different level to Waterford. Every time one of their players gets the ball in hand they are looking up to see what is on, making the right decision every time no matter what pressure they are under. They love taking on their man, putting a pass to a player in a better position and are deadly accurate with their passing and striking. I tell you this that man Paul Kinnerk has completly changed Clare hurling since he has come in, first with the minors in 2011 and 2012 and now with the U21's and seniors.

In training they play games in small groups in confined areas improving their decision making ability while on the ball and it shows big time against us. Clare are simply magical to watch. I am sitting here in tesco carpark opposite cusack park and I know this Clare team are just miles ahead of us and will be for the next few years. Also we could have done with the Brick out there to settle the defence, I know Moran is a good hurler but Clare are just walzing around him and he has not been in the game at all hitting a ball right over the sideline and giving away a free from lying on the ball. Back to the drawing board lads and getting their heads right for the probable relegation game in 2 weeks. Disaster.
    Thanks for reports. Was due to go to match. Just could not make it. Just as well listening to the commentary.

• Advertisement

Better but probably more down to Clare taking their foot off the gas.

Wouldn't say for definate we will be in the relegation play off, next week will be a big game and we could still lose it and finish 4th in the table.
    Clare should beat Galway, Dub maybe to beat Tipp that'd be dub and Tipp in rel play off.

5-18 to 18 now, clare not pushed at this stage bit still, we couldnt buy a goal the way we set up.

all we have to do is bounce back next week and beat the cats :rolleyes:

Hslaw wrote: »

Tbh I'd actually rate our chances against KK than what we had to face today. Not saying that will be easy but KK are beatable and vulnerable.
    Failing that, we should hope Clare take care of Galway. That would mean whatever happens in Tipp v Dub we'll be safe.....I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭redlead

Tbh I'd actually rate our chances against KK

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Hslaw wrote: »

I'd say Brian Cody is very worried about Kilkenny's chances against us now if he
    sent one of his spies to Ennis.

I hope there's some kind of reaction from the players vs Kilkenny, they got the first 2 scores and left something like 4-16 in against what's supposed to be our much vaunted defense over the rest of the first half. The same as usual in the forward line with miscued shots dribbling short or going a mile wide with no sniff of a goal bar a badly struck 21 meter free over the whole 70 mins. They shafted Michael Ryan saying he wasn't up to scratch and then go on to put in a display like that? Whose to blame this time, surely not Derek the messiah they wanted instead Skully? Other counties have a bad view of us between the Ballysaggart thing, the player movement against Skully and they'll see a performance like today and say "who do they think they are below in Waterford". We weren't at the races anywhere at all today and a response to that is badly needed against Kilkenny. Thank Christ it's only the league and there's time to try and put some of that right before championship time!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

I hope there's some kind of reaction from the players vs Kilkenny, they got the first 2 scores and left something like 4-16 in against what's supposed to be our much vaunted defense over the rest of the first half. The same as usual in the forward line with miscued shots dribbling short or going a mile wide with no sniff of a goal bar a badly struck 21 meter free over the whole 70 mins. They shafted Michael Ryan saying he wasn't up to scratch and then go on to put in a display like that? Whose to blame this time, surely not Derek the messiah they wanted instead Skully? Other counties have a bad view of us between the Ballysaggart thing, the player movement against Skully and they'll see a performance like today and say "who do they think they are below in Waterford". We weren't at the races anywhere at all today and a response to that is badly needed against Kilkenny. Thank Christ it's only the league and there's time to try and put some of that right before championship time!

Good man, youre some hero alright #muppet

carter10 wrote: »
    Good man, youre some hero alright #muppet

What an insightful, well thought out response. Away with ya you clown. Come back when ya have something constrictive to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

What an insightful, well thought out response. Away with ya you clown. Come back when ya have something constrictive to say.

I will respond with an 'insightful, well thought out' response to anyone here who wants to discuss a hurling match not to some bitter small minded fool waiting in the wings for his county to fail so they can jump in an have a pop at the players the first chance they get. Well done you got the result you've been waiting for today/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement