Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

This better not clash with the Gareth Brukes concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

This better not clash with the Gareth Brukes concert.

That gob****e is on the following weekend luckily enough hotel costs won't reach that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

dave1982 wrote: »
    Severemma reporting McGregor V Miller main event

https://twitter.com/SevereMMA

Tough, very tough, fight for McGregor. Especially for his first one back.

Have to say though, I'll be disappointed if that's the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭chrisbag1986

No one mentioning Sanchez? They have had more beef

Love to see Donald Cerrone over or Condit but here is hoping lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Sweeeet, The National on the Friday followed by UFC on the Saturday.

Pissy Longitude line-up now well and truly far from my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 reetz

xtal191 wrote: »
    Wont Fields and Pendred be on the TUF finale card? How could they fight at this?

These 2 will fight in July in Dublin Guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 13 murtaep

Does anyone have any idea when these tickets will go on sale?

Does anyone have any idea when the UFC 17th of July tickets in the o2 will go on sale?

conor mcgregor

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thedevils

Considering the price in the UK for UFC London being 150 pound, are we looking at 180 euro?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

I’m a huge UFC fan since 1997 (I discovered it when Ken Shamrock came to WWF), but I won’t be going to this show after the amount of tools at the last one. People walking around trying to look hard all night and goofballs yelling dumb stuff from the crowd – yelling to the ring girls all night: “show us your gee!”, then nudging each other and chuckling like morons.

Plus, it’s a long show and people have been drinking all day – not to mention the bus-loads of culchies that most likely started drinking when they left Ballynahuasal 10 hours earlier.

I’ve been to WWE, TNA, Soccer, Cage Warriors, GAA, NFL, UFC – and the MMA crowds have to be the biggest bunch of tools at any sporting event. They all walk around trying to act hard.
    I was at a Chaos FC show in Derry in 2009 and a near riot broke out because there were so many wannabe hard lads in the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Tough, very tough, fight for McGregor. Especially for his first one back.

No it's not - Miller is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I was at a Chaos FC show in Derry in 2009 and a near riot broke out because there were so many wannabe hard lads in the crowd.

Well I've been to every Chaos event for the past 3 or 4 years (maybe more, can't remember) and have never had/seen a problem.

Same goes for 12 UFC events, including 93 in Dublin. Never seen any hassle. Always going to be the occasional idiot screaming for blood etc but few and far between, certainly in the minority.

Does anyone have any idea when these tickets will go on sale?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Well I've been to every Chaos event for the past 3 or 4 years (maybe more, can't remember) and have never had/seen a problem.

Same goes for 12 UFC events, including 93 in Dublin. Never seen any hassle. Always going to be the occasional idiot screaming for blood etc but few and far between, certainly in the minority.

have you any idea when these tickets will go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

thedevils wrote: »
    Considering the price in the UK for UFC London being 150 pound, are we looking at 180 euro?

How close to the octagon were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

last time in O2 was 50 for far away all the way up 250 for ringside

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

A week before my birthday, sweet!

McGregor vs Miller would be a sh*t main event, hoping for bigger names in the main event, but I guess Conor is the main attraction anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

joxers25 wrote: »
    last time in O2 was 50 for far away all the way up 250 for ringside

£45 for the minimum in London as far as I know

£150 for good seats but not ringside or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

I'd expect Parke to be somewhere on the main card too. 3 fight win streak and next fight at the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

:eek:

Reading other forums I'm amazed that people are mostly saying Connor wins by TKO RD 1.

I think this is a very tough fight for Connor and will be extremely lucking to win it.I hope he win but my money is on Miller.

Crazy fight to give him his first fight back. Connor is stepping onto a whole playing field , if Miller gets hold of Connors leg it could be disastrous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Severemma reporting McGregor V Miller main event

https://twitter.com/SevereMMA

Gary Cook planning a UK Ireland TUF

https://twitter.com/simonhead/status/441396423012012032/photo/1

I wouldn't say we are reporting that

Here is the tweet https://twitter.com/SevereMMA/status/441607860385218560

"RT "@CallumLeslieMMA According to source close to UFC, officials are working on McGregor vs Cole Miller as main event for Dublin on July 19."

I Retweeted Callum Leslie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Good lad, solid opinion backed up by good reasoning. You'll last a long time around h...oh...

But yeah, even though I'm not Miller's biggest fan he's a good test for McGregor. His submission game can test the best of them. A Cole Miller in the right mood can trouble anyone. Just depends which one turns up on the night. If McGregor has any nerves or cautiousness after the injury then he could easily get exposed. Very tricky opponent if it's true.

Hoping Lauzon gets on the card. If he doesn't fight until July then that'd be 7 months out of action, which would be a long time. But he's not scheduled for anything at the minute and his Boston roots mean he'd be a great one to have in Dublin. Always guaranteed a great fight too.

SevereMMA wrote: »
    I wouldn't say we are reporting that

Here is the tweet https://twitter.com/SevereMMA/status/441607860385218560

"RT "@CallumLeslieMMA According to source close to UFC, officials are working on McGregor vs Cole Miller as main event for Dublin on July 19."

I Retweeted Callum Leslie

Sorry can't understand twitter properly, I'll edit the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

:eek:

Reading other forums I'm amazed that people are mostly saying Connor wins by TKO RD 1.

I think this is a very tough fight for Connor and will be extremely lucking to win it.I hope he win but my money is on Miller.

Crazy fight to give him his first fight back. Connor is stepping onto a whole playing field , if Miller gets hold of Connors leg it could be disastrous

Miller was decent a few years ago but I honestly think you're overestimating him. He has some losses to very mediocre competition this last couple of years, I'd even say Max Holloway is a level up from him.

I think it blurs our vision sometimes because we're Irish, maybe we forget that McGregor is absolutely top class. People were very worried about the Holloway fight too and McGregor completely blew him out of the water in the end.

If McGregor goes in to every fight 100% fit and healthy then it'll take a lot to stop him I reckon.

Miller was decent a few years ago but I honestly think you're overestimating him. He has some losses to very mediocre competition this last couple of years, I'd even say Max Holloway is a level up from him.

I think it blurs our vision sometimes because we're Irish, maybe we forget that McGregor is absolutely top class. People were very worried about the Holloway fight too and McGregor completely blew him out of the water in the end.

If McGregor goes in to every fight 100% fit and healthy then it'll take a lot to stop him I reckon.

You could be right checking his stats there on sherdog, he's not looking great.

I'd love to see Connor V Jeremy Stevens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Any idea how much tickets would be?

I think its a big stretch to say Max Holloway is a level up from miller

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Any idea how much tickets would be?

Guessing they'll be about €50-60 upwards with €100-€150 securing good seats and ringside being twice that at least. Only an estimate though.

Conor McGregor: “They’re saying Cole Miller are they? It probably is him. I haven’t heard anything, I’m sure I’ll know as soon as I check my emails, but that sounds alright to me.

• Advertisement

“We’re gonna showcase Irish martial artists to the world, it will be an amazing event. I want to put on a show for everyone, and that’s what I’m gonna do. I told you I’d get there and steal the show, I told you I’d drag the UFC back to Dublin and I told you that my team mates would be on that card with me.

“Honestly, I feel like I can predict the future. I dare you to doubt me. I’m gonna beat whoever they put in front of me in Dublin and then I’m going to go and get that belt.”

Advertisement