Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Cathal Pendred mentioned on twitter as well that he reckons end of May start of June as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LDC ADI 34490

Weigh-ins are open to everyone (but get there early as it was a full house the last time) If you are a member of the UFC Fight Club you get to go to the Q&A which is on before the weigh-ins. I have a wedding on the same day so I won't make the event (gutted)

Cool story. Myself and the brother went to the weigh ins from work back in 2009. We left work early and still had our work jackets on with company logo displayed. Immediately after the weigh ins all the fighters went behind the curtain. I took a chance and approached "the security" on the night, he had a quick glance at the jacket and ushered me through thinking I was a fight team member. I grabbed the brother and pulled him through aswell. Team " Leinster driving campus" were in. We took as many photos with the fighters as we could before Dana spotted us and we were fcuked out on our ear.

The fighters were dead sound considering they were dehydrated etc. Shogun was having none of it though

16649_189742287870_3543598_n.jpg
    16649_189742322870_1639436_n.jpg
    16649_189742327870_8254036_n.jpg
    16649_189742342870_2774010_n.jpg
    16649_189742367870_7374446_n.jpg
    16649_189751707870_3019512_n.jpg
    16649_189751732870_4950816_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Can't see them set to private

Open Image you want right click it copy image location and paster here via the img link

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Petermc83

great pics mate!!!

Arianny....yum yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Those suggesting that the TUF finale could be on in Dublin can stop now. It's on in Vegas on July 6th. The night after UFC 175.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I'll top the story

My granda owns a jewllers on batchelors walk in Dublin, ufc producer bruce connal strolls in the morning of the weigh ins, my mother is behind the counter noticed his badge and of course me not stopped talking about it for weeks says to him my son is down in the que, he gave my mother his number and I rang him he brought me into the truck behind the o2 let me Stand side stage for weigh ins, Bruce buffer came over for a chat. Dana white stood chatting for 15mins, Dana White Arranged me and my cousin to get into the octagon for pics! Amazing stuff walking with rich franklin before he done his interview, must dig all the pics up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

but1er wrote: »
    I'll top the story

My granda owns a jewllers on batchelors walk in Dublin, ufc producer bruce connal strolls in the morning of the weigh ins, my mother is behind the counter noticed his badge and of course me not stopped talking about it for weeks says to him my son is down in the que, he gave my mother his number and I rang him he brought me into the truck behind the o2 let me Stand side stage for weigh ins, Bruce buffer came over for a chat. Dana white stood chatting for 15mins, Dana White Arranged me and my cousin to get into the octagon for pics! Amazing stuff walking with rich franklin before he done his interview, must dig all the pics up!

And i'll top that again ;)

I won the UFC Fight Club backstage tour, took my lad with me, had full backstage access for weigh ins, tour of the octagon and backstage, Could choose 4 fighters to have a chat and photo with, went with Rich, Hendo, Shogun and Marcus Davis, was gonna go with Coleman instead of Davis but he was in a real scorpy humor.

Before the fights we got another tour from Big Dan, who's a mate that i knew well before the event, he took us into the fighter dressing rooms when he did the chat with them, was quite surprised when he talked to Kampmann as he wasn't aware of an illegal elbow, had to be explained to him (imagine a set of headphones etc)

Also got a fully signed event poster each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

scudzilla wrote: »
    And i'll top that again ;)

I won the UFC Fight Club backstage tour, took my lad with me, had full backstage access for weigh ins, tour of the octagon and backstage, Could choose 4 fighters to have a chat and photo with, went with Rich, Hendo, Shogun and Marcus Davis, was gonna go with Coleman instead of Davis but he was in a real scorpy humor.

Before the fights we got another tour from Big Dan, who's a mate that i knew well before the event, he took us into the fighter dressing rooms when he did the chat with them, was quite surprised when he talked to Kampmann as he wasn't aware of an illegal elbow, had to be explained to him (imagine a set of headphones etc)

Also got a fully signed event poster each

someone will top This that they walked out with someone haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I met Chris Lytle in Spar shop!!

He looked at my wifes ass but I let it slide this time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Lads is July 19th set in stone?.
    And when is the approximate date on ticket release do you think?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I won the UFC Fight Club backstage tour,

Ah, "won" it did ye?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

califano wrote: »
    Lads is July 19th set in stone?.

I think it is safe to say that yes it is. It has been announced by the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

We were told by the UFC that tickets should be on sale last week of May / First week in June. That's the current plan, but things can change

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Ah, "won" it did ye?

;)

Saying i 'won' it is a lot easier than explaining the real reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Saying i 'won' it is a lot easier than explaining the real reason ;)

:D

I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yes please!!
    Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 14h

Gunnar Nelson's coach @John_Kavanagh wants Nelson to fight Rory MacDonald on 7/19 in Dublin, Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

xtal191 wrote: »
    Yes please!!

Bold move but doubt MacDonald or the UFC will take much notice of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nelson deserves a Top 10 guy at this point surely? McDonald is way too much of a shot IMO but someone like Saffedine? Maybe Ellenberger or someone like that? A fight with Matt Brown would be good too but only if Erick Silva beats him as I can see him fighting a Top 5 guy otherwise. He was supposed to fight Mike Pyle a while back,that's an option.

Just to note, UFC now have Gunni ranked at #14!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I was just recently at the UFC in the O2 London, what an experience!

Will not miss this for the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 murtaep

SevereMMA wrote: »
    We were told by the UFC that tickets should be on sale last week of May / First week in June. That's the current plan, but things can change

who in the ufc told you that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Tickets for Fight Night Berlin go on sale in 15 days. That's almost 2 months the show. I remember it being a similar time frame for UFC London.
    Going by that I would imagine they'll go on sale around the last week of May, but that's an absolute guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

murtaep wrote: »
    who in the ufc told you that?

Garry Cook

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Anyone think tickets will sell out fast? Should I become Fight Club member for pre-sale tickets? I don't need great seats just wont to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

any idea when tickets are going on sale ????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

figs666 wrote: »
    any idea when tickets are going on sale ????????????????????

yup, you can too....by reading a few posts from this thread :rolleyes: shouldn't take you long

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

jossul1179 wrote: »
    Anyone think tickets will sell out fast? Should I become Fight Club member for pre-sale tickets? I don't need great seats just wont to go.

The last one sold out very fast so this one will be the same, I'll be joining the fight club for pre-sale tickets, can get 6 so will spread the cost of fight club wit 6 mates

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Dave 101 wrote: »
    fight club for pre-sale tickets,

whats the fight club ????

oh sorry , the first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club !!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

figs666 wrote: »
    whats the fight club ????

oh sorry , the first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club !!!!:)

No, that's the second rule of Fight Club...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

darced wrote: »
    You would have to think after his performance against Maia that Rory would handle Gunnar in the same fashion at this stage.

Ellenberger would be the worst match up in my opinion he would knock Gunnar out unless he improves his striking dramatically.

Stun Gun or Matt brown if he loses are the fights I would fancy him in the top ten.

Have to laugh at this.
    Ellenberger would ko him.
    Gunni striking is very good and its improved immensely while hes been off . Hed make short work of ellenberger.
    I think hes ready for a Mcdonald.would be a great fight and we've seen from Mcdonald in the Lawlor fight that hes vulnerable when the pressure is applied .
    I think maybe matt brown tho next then a top 3 contender.
    Gunni would sub both them or GnP them into a stoppage.
    Hes a ****ing beast .

Advertisement