Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Where's the cheapest for a PC purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

VinLieger wrote: »
    It is a release restriction lobbied for by brick and mortar stores. They still push publishers to keep the traditional release days of tuesday in the states and friday in Europe so they don't have to compete with digital distribution services giving people access before they can provide enough physical copies to sell

It's earlier in parts of Europe, a lot are getting it today.

It was meant to be out today in Germany but they ****ed up and were about to put out the swastika version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

irishmover wrote: »
    What are you ****ing on about?

What im saying is,
    if something is out stateside you can watch/play it here
    .......my child:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm sold by this game. Everything on the spaceship was hilarious. Randy, Mr. Slave, Mr. Mackey, the impossible button combinations to save Randy, the homage to video game tropes in the audio recordings and Randy's unexplainable knowledge of the ship. Had me in stitches.

Also does anyone know where they got the audio for
    the nazis? It sounds suspiciously like audio taken straight out of some of Hitler's speeches, or at least a recreation of that. Or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

The rps review said it was real recordings, which is why that parts been censored in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

That whole section was brilliant ! Moo moo moo ?! also my other fave part so far is...
    Al gore popping up !!!.....super serial !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Any idea what time this actually unlocks on Steam tonight/tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone wrote: »
    Any idea what time this actually unlocks on Steam tonight/tomorrow?

6pm tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

ill just leave this gem here ha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

6pm tomorrow

Its going beyond ridiculous with this stuff, I own the game, I have the game, but I cant play it until 6pm the evening of its release?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

is big bad government bad guy a send up of pres bartlett from the west wing? he looks kinda like martin sheen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its going beyond ridiculous with this stuff, I own the game, I have the game, but I cant play it until 6pm the evening of its release?

You can play it from 12:01 tonight/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Got to play this for an hour last night and I'm quite impressed so far. Its just like being part of an official south park episode and I'm loving just walking around the town. The humor is classic south park and I've already had a few unexpected LOL moments.

I can see why people have said it's just an rpg-lite and combat is very basic but it does the job fine for me and is more or less there to advance the story.

So far so good but my biggest compliment to the game is that I can't wait to finish work so I can go home and play it some more!

Not really a spoiler question but
    what do you do with all the junk around? I've been collecting and selling it mostly but I've also thought it may be used for parts for a weapon or similar?

urbanledge wrote: »
    What im saying is,
    if something is out stateside you can watch/play it here
    .......my child:D

The guy bought a European version on Steam. He wanted to know why his wasn't working.

Now I ask again, what are you ****ing on about?

The guy bought a European version on Steam. He wanted to know why his wasn't working.

Now I ask again, what are you ****ing on about?

VPNs, you can pretend you are in the states or various other places in the world to get access to games earlier

VPNs, you can pretend you are in the states or various other places in the world to get access to games earlier

You seem to be missing the point too...

The guy I was originally talking to had bought the EU game on Steam. He wanted to know why his European game wasn't working. The reason was because it wasn't out in Europe until Friday and not something he had done wrong.

I wasn't going to suggest VPN's because that's not what was asked and not something I recommend just to play a game a day earlier.

You can play it from 12:01 tonight/tomorrow.

Is this definitely right??

Hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Is this definitely right??

Hope so!

So says a dev in anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Does the PC version need a controller or is keyboard and mouse fine?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Keyboard and mouse works but can't change keybindings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Doesn't need a controller and keyboard will work fine, but using an xbox 360 joypad is far better and more enjoyable in my opinion and that's how I have been playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have the Official wired pad in stock for €31.99, just reserved one for myself now.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9289729

You seem to be missing the point too...

The guy I was originally talking to had bought the EU game on Steam. He wanted to know why his European game wasn't working. The reason was because it wasn't out in Europe until Friday and not something he had done wrong.

I wasn't going to suggest VPN's because that's not what was asked and not something I recommend just to play a game a day earlier.

Great so what your saying is you have just been dragging this trhough for a couple of pages now just to make a pedantic point? GJ..... i was simply trying to be helpful by answering a question..... lesson learned

Great so what your saying is you have just been dragging this trhough for a couple of pages now just to make a pedantic point? GJ..... i was simply trying to be helpful by answering a question..... lesson learned

Wasn't dragging anything through, one to him and one to you. Is that not allowed? You clearly needed an explanation so I gave you one! The guy who originally replied to me was trying to be a dick. When I myself, was just trying to be helpful to the person wondering why their European Steam game wasn't unlocked!

Very enjoyable game I must say.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Both. If you don't have a 360 wired PC controller, but have a PS3 controller and USB lead, you can plug it in and with MotionInJoy program you can set it to read like a 360 controller. You just gotta remember the corresponding button. (ie O is A). Perhaps I've saved someone a few quid and getting pants on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm liking this as an interactive South Park experience but I'm already bored of the game after an hour or so... It's just not particularly interesting/fun/challenging.

• Advertisement

I'm liking this as an interactive South Park experience but I'm already bored of the game after an hour or so... It's just not particularly interesting/fun/challenging.

Once you hit around level 5 it starts to get good. Not challenging but enjoyable.

Actually finding it hard to put down to be honest..

Advertisement