Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    Not necessarily a spoiler, but if you are a trophy hound make sure you do not sell any items or you will not get the hoarders trophy.

There was a trophy like that on Final Fantasy 13, I got it but a few people I know spent around a hundred hours on that game before they realized they couldn't get the platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can you post or pm me where this is €18, please.

http://www.dlcompare.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,674 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The battle on the 2nd night has the best/craziest background of any fight ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The battle on the 2nd night has the best/craziest background of any fight ever!

Pretty sure I know the one you're on about
    gnomes under your parents doing it doggy style??

If it is, then definitely agree was genius really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,674 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's the one! Can't spoiler on my phone. I think there is a trophy if you stay and watch the whole scene but I didn't want that trophy popping up on my facebook :D

Who is everyone's favourite buddy? I have to go with butters with his healing.

Wish randy was a co-op buddy as well.

Also what accessories everyone using? I got the chinballs and 3d glasses combo going on.

Last thing, I thought farting on people in the street would get old but it never does!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So what's the consensus on the uncensored version? Is it worth ordering over the standard version? If so, how could future DLC be downloaded if the game was bought from North America?

I've never bought anything other than PAL so this is all a bit new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

You could set up a US account on PSN or XBL and you'd have to buy points on sites that correspond with that region.

To get the uncensored xbox version your only option I think is to go onto the US sites games on demand section.

The censorship is kind of funny though. Especially in Australia.

snausages wrote: »
    You could set up a US account on PSN or XBL and you'd have to buy points on sites that correspond with that region.

To get the uncensored xbox version your only option I think is to go onto the US sites games on demand section.

The censorship is kind of funny though. Especially in Australia.

It is funny enough I suppose... With the koala and all...

To answer the other guys question, I believe I missed out on one mini game in the censorship? So nothing really major. Haven't got round to watching the censored scenes online yet. I'm sure they're about somewhere.

It didn't really impact things for me really at all. Screen just changed to a Koala and some txt for a few seconds then game carried on. Wasn't really worth the hassle to order it from America and pay $5 more for it than I did in my local shop in Australia.

Kind of glad I didn't go that route to be honest.

I still can't stop thinking back to that negative review the other day. I couldn't disagree with that guy more and it's yet another example of why I hate trusting reviewers for my game choices.

If I went by his review I most likely wouldn't have played this game. I still can't get it out of my head just how good a job they did with it. Finally a top notch comical South Park game where the gags felt South Parkesque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

irishmover wrote: »
    I still can't stop thinking back to that negative review the other day. I couldn't disagree with that guy more and it's yet another example of why I hate trusting reviewers for my game choices.
    Well the way to do it is to listen to reviewers who seem to represent your interests. I don't get that hung up on guys who see games differently to me. There's all kinds of gamers about, none of them like the same thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm pretty sure most individual reviewers would tell you not to take their word alone as gospel! No opinion is any more 'right' or 'wrong' then another, unless of course they are based around blatant [sticks of] untruths or being contentious just for the hell of it. Obviously some sort of general consensus will be reached - overall favourable in South Park's case - but everyone responds to every game in a different way. I often find the gaming community far too dismissive of anyone who dares express an alternate opinion, however reasonably expressed it is: it's actually completely unreasonable to expect everyone to conform with your own opinion. You're entitled to disagree, but someone writing something you don't agree with shouldn't be used as ammunition to further blanket disregard every single review out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Can someone tell me if there are only 3 days? It feels like there would be. I'm starting the third now and i'd like to know if its the last one. I'm enjoying it and hope there are like....7 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Stupid question, but you only need the VPN to activate the Russian Key.. after that you can not worry about having a Russian IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Stupid question, but you only need the VPN to activate the Russian Key.. after that you can not worry about having a Russian IP?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Cheers for that Tipsy :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just finished this now, I enjoyed it way more than I expected to. The combat was what I thought would put me off most as I really don't rate that turn based nonsense, but it was less of a barrier than I expected.

The story was typically South Park in its nature and as a South Park fan, that's more than OK with me.

The biggest praise I can give it is that it felt like you were controlling an episode and that's exactly what I wanted.

There's scope to expand on it with DLC, I hope they don't gouge us on that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

If I went by his review I most likely wouldn't have played this game.

What were the chances you were going to go by a review that dared (I mean the cheek) to be negative? 0.1 or 0.2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shiminay wrote: »
    I just finished this now, I enjoyed it way more than I expected to. The combat was what I thought would put me off most as I really don't rate that turn based nonsense, but it was less of a barrier than I expected.

The story was typically South Park in its nature and as a South Park fan, that's more than OK with me.

The biggest praise I can give it is that it felt like you were controlling an episode and that's exactly what I wanted.

There's scope to expand on it with DLC, I hope they don't gouge us on that.

Exactly my thoughts, from how it looks to how it plays. From the moment you start it looks and feels exactly like an episode, I was worried it might get old very quickly as the show as been very hit or miss in recent years but so far so good on that front.

Edit: Even jimmy stammering didn't get old :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

4LY7xd_thumb.jpg

How it looks in 2560x1440.

I finished in 15 hours with a fairly high completion rate. Bug wise, there was just one CTD, and some flickering sprites in one section. Not quite the bugfest others have reported.

mewso wrote: »
    What were the chances you were going to go by a review that dared (I mean the cheek) to be negative? 0.1 or 0.2?

I had already preordered. But if I was on the fence and I read his review I would most likely have held off.

But im sure I would have got it eventually.

I much prefer user reviews to be honest. Looking on metacritic at a game review I never regard the score from critics at all, if the user reviews is collectively high and most of the reviews read well then that's normally where I'd place my judgment if I'm on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I had already preordered. But if I was on the fence and I read his review I would most likely have held off.

But im sure I would have got it eventually.

I much prefer user reviews to be honest. Looking on metacritic at a game review I never regard the score from critics at all, if the user reviews is collectively high and most of the reviews read well then that's normally where I'd place my judgment if I'm on the fence.

I personally never buy a game based off the user reviews on Metacritic. Mainly because I find a lot of fanboys/ignorant people will just give a game a 0 rating if there's even one basic flaw/bug.. Which in turn messes with the overall rating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Metacritic user reviews are effectively hell on Earth. I'd almost trust someone directly involved in the game to give me a more balanced response than some of the psychopaths that post reviews on Metacritic :pac:

Well yeh that's why I normally read what people have wrote. Same goes for critic reviews but there's a huge amount of games that get a very high score by critics and don't do so well by user reviews. The users can't all be fan boys and ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Grimebox wrote: »
    The game continues to crash upon launching. I've had to resort to using a crack. What a joke

I had the same issue on Windows 8. Forcing it to run in Window 7 mode with admin rights stopped the crashing for me anyway.

Is there any purpose to the junk other then to make money or get the achievements mentioned?

I'm actually enjoying the rpg-lite gameplay, been ages since I played turn based combat and I'm not finding it easy as everyone is saying. There have been a few battles where I have struggled/died usually against a combination of enemies but I've still enjoyed them and that's the reason I keep coming back to this. Well that and the South Park humor of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Spear wrote: »
    4LY7xd_thumb.jpg

How it looks in 2560x1440.

It's gonna look pretty similar in every resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Most of the way through it, I reckon. Great game. Really funny, gameplay is pretty good. Lots to see and do.

Only complaint is the ease of the game. After reading reviews beforehand I knew to turn it up to the hardest difficulty right at the start, but even then I'm not having much problem. Only died about three or four times. Some moves seem very over-powered if used correctly, and most of the time the magic attacks aren't worth using. No shortage of health snacks and stuff either.

I dont think it was meant to be played for the challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That gnome section :D

Edit: How the hell did the anal probe section get cut here and that didn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Finished it there yesterday, thankfully my PC copy turned out to be the uncensored version so happy days... Going to go and finish off all side quests and try to gather all the achievements because this game is that awesome and I want all the achievements...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Looking forward to getting through this, I just realized when you right click you fart.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

calex71 wrote: »
    That gnome section :D

Edit: How the hell did the anal probe section get cut here and that didn't :D

Normally, I moan about the fact that I must do my PC gaming on a laptop but the upside is that there is absolutely no chance of any of my housemates walking in during that section!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement