Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You can also get the
    Hoff Face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭brady12

So people should I buy ps3 version?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No problems so far, only about 2 hours played. Very enjoyable.

Sound. I will probably pick it up next week

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Currently downloading the game on pc, I just hope it's as good as it's hyped up to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I think the tutorials could have been more fluid. They weren't awful, I just can't stand being forced to do something inorganically

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

brady12 wrote: »
    So people should I buy ps3 version?

Import it from the US and you will have the uncensored version. I'm ordering it from videogamesplus.ca

I'm fairly sure it's region free on the PS3.

It's actually sold out and on back order on the site. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Import it from the US and you will have the uncensored version. I'm ordering it from videogamesplus.ca

All PS3 games are region free, just not the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I usually have no bother using vpns to unlock games early. Tried a heap of VPNs today and can't get steam to work.

It's actually sold out and on back order on the site. Oh well.

It a trustworthy site I take it?

• Advertisement

It a trustworthy site I take it?

Very. I've been ordering from them for years as have a few boardsies on the Playstation forum. They take about 7-10 working days to deliver but the plus side is you will almost never have to pay customs fees.

Feckin VPN randomly stopped working. My location is spoofed as Delaware when I check my IP, but steam is showing everything in euro. The game crashes on launch

Very. I've been ordering from them for years as have a few boardsies on the Playstation forum. They take about 7-10 working days to deliver but the plus side is you will almost never have to pay customs fees.

Ya I want uncensored version.how much euro's will it cost so from them roughly ?

Ya I want uncensored version.how much euro's will it cost so from them roughly ?

About €45-7ish including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Grimebox wrote: »
    Feckin VPN randomly stopped working. My location is spoofed as Delaware when I check my IP, but steam is showing everything in euro. The game crashes on launch

yeah, im getting everything in euro as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Once you get the game to run once using a VPN put and keep steam in offline mode and you can ditch the VPN completely. As long as you don't bring Steam back online you can keep playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm really enjoying this at the moment. Haven't come across any bugs (on PC) and the only bad things I found is that it's incredibly linear and there's no challenge to solving any quest (other than briefly trying to see where on the map you have to go to), and the combat is really easy, even on the hard difficulty setting.

But other than that it's a fun interactive South Park episode. A lot of really well thought out jokes and plenty aimed at computer games. I've gotten to the first section that was censored (
    Randy in the UFO
    ) and to be honest, it's fairly tame by South Park standards but still funny. It's the kind of game that South Park fans will love and non-South Park fans will just get bored of. When it comes time to think about what your favourite game of the year was, this one won't be remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Agree with most of that. Enjoying it for what it is but if you're not a South Park fan then stay well away.

The RPG model really isn't a good one at all and the difficulty is a mess. Hardcore should have been the first difficulty however I find myself laughing and smiling constantly and I'm definitely having fun with it so far.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Once you get the game to run once using a VPN put and keep steam in offline mode and you can ditch the VPN completely. As long as you don't bring Steam back online you can keep playing it.

I disconnected from the VPN while still connected to steam without thinking. I think that may have screwed me. Well I've my fix any way, so I can wait another week now

• humanji wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this at the moment. Haven't come across any bugs (on PC) and the only bad things I found is that it's incredibly linear and there's no challenge to solving any quest (other than briefly trying to see where on the map you have to go to), and the combat is really easy, even on the hard difficulty setting.

But other than that it's a fun interactive South Park episode. A lot of really well thought out jokes and plenty aimed at computer games. I've gotten to the first section that was censored (
    Randy in the UFO
    ) and to be honest, it's fairly tame by South Park standards but still funny. It's the kind of game that South Park fans will love and non-South Park fans will just get bored of. When it comes time to think about what your favourite game of the year was, this one won't be remembered.

I haven't played a RPG in a while but in fairness there is a surprising amount of depth in the fights / equipment combination / perks etc.. although be it a bit streamlined.
    I like the button press timing of some of the attacks.
    I actually died a couple of times on hardcore last night but the reason being I would say is because these guys were a couple of levels above me.
    I'm loving the humor although it is typical South Park humor.
    First time you meet the meth heads in Kenny's shed Butters asks if they are going to Rape him
    LOL

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    First time you meet the meth heads in Kenny's shed Butters asks if they are going to Rape him
    LOL
    "They must be scientists with this equipment!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Sank a couple of hours into it (up to
    The boss battle with Jimmy
    and I've loved every second of it. So many injokes, so many laugh out loud moments. I've never been a big RPG fan and it's testing my patience a bit in this, but the south park charm is getting me through. Looking forward to playing through the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Got stuck when aliens abducted me....I can't stop them anal probing me :D I seem to be too slow hitting that "s" button :( So annoying, was quite enjoying the game up till this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Use the spoiler button please... Or guess I should stop clicking into this thread until I've finished the game.

Enjoying the game so far. Stopped after 1.5 hours played. Had one issue where I had to exit the game on my PS3. Exited a house and was simply stuck on the loading screen. It wasn't froze but left it for 5 minutes and it was still stuck. Simple restart and was back at the foot again so not much of an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

When is this actually released on PC steam over here? I have it bought and downloaded and the damned thing wont let me play. I'll proxy if I have to but really.....whats the damned problem?

In this day and age, we shouldn't have release restrictions on PC.

Kirby wrote: »
    When is this actually released on PC steam over here? I have it bought and downloaded and the damned thing wont let me play. I'll proxy if I have to but really.....whats the damned problem?

Thought it wasn't released until Friday in Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Kirby wrote: »

It's out tomorrow in Europe. It's not really a restriction, it's just when the game comes out. They must allow you to pre-load the game which is a positive I would have thought.

irishmover wrote: »
    Thought it wasn't released until Friday in Europe?

welcome to the internet my child:D

urbanledge wrote: »
    welcome to the internet my child:D

What are you ****ing on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

danthefan wrote: »
    It's out tomorrow in Europe. It's not really a restriction, it's just when the game comes out. They must allow you to pre-load the game which is a positive I would have thought.

It is a release restriction lobbied for by brick and mortar stores. They still push publishers to keep the traditional release days of tuesday in the states and friday in Europe so they don't have to compete with digital distribution services giving people access before they can provide enough physical copies to sell

Advertisement