Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I was wondering, after you've completed all the quests is it possible to get into the shopping mall?

Or maybe it's there for some future DLC?
    Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I only discovered the perks and summons after I finished the main quest. Goes to show how easy it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished and all achievements ....... why did I only discover
    the Hoff
    so late in the game :( I should have got that look at the start :pac:

Also when going for the all friends achievement, you do have to use a guide to get a few of them, like the
    woodland critters and santa, and polly prissypants
    also there where a few characters not in the game at all one big one that surprised me was
    Towley
    :confused: Though now that I think of it there where a few more like
    Scott Terrerman (i know but they could have worked in a reference to one of the best eps , the devil and sadam that were maybe too old school south park maybe??? That said when was the last time we saw jimbo and ned in the show?????
    Just odd those were not even referenced that I saw :confused:

Over all though a cracking game, well executed and presented, and rare that it hit the balance of being true to source and being enjoyable a real surprise for me given I had zero interest in this game pre-release €7 well spent on a rental :)

calex71 wrote: »
    Scott Terrerman
    Cartman does mention during fights that he made some kid eat his own parents

Grimebox wrote: »
    Cartman does mention during fights that he made some kid eat his own parents

Ah only used late on which is a shame, as my plagues of egypt combined with his flaming fart ended most fights in one turn each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Finished it. Twas good. Would buy DLC. :)

Moo! moo! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ah only used late on which is a shame, as my plagues of egypt combined with his flaming fart ended most fights in one turn each.

Yeah his flaming fart was massively over powered

Would definitely buy some DLC episodes. Hopefully that happens!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I have just started playing it, finding it a great laugh so far! I wonder what kind of DLC they will be developing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haven't they said there won't be any dlc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Has anybody bought this from Amazon?,its saying 1-3 week delivery but when i go to checkout it says i can get it in 1-2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Just finished the
    Taco Bell
    section with Butters and I got a text on my mobile so left the game running in the background when I hear Butters say "If you're texting your friends, tell them this game is really fun".. it's the little things :p:D

Has anybody bought this from Amazon?,its saying 1-3 week delivery but when i go to checkout it says i can get it in 1-2 days.

It's 40 euro in tesco still so why wait :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Kiith wrote: »
    Haven't they said there won't be any dlc?

Well, they have made use of the Steam Works features to make sure that the game is ready for DLC content from launch. They are keeping their options open for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is it?,my local tesco didnt have it and it wasnt available on their site either,i ended up getting it in Smyths for €55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭brady12

just rented this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I couldn't find it anywhere yesterday or today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I couldn't find it anywhere yesterday or today. :(

Still plenty of copies in my local Tesco in Greystones. Don't know what the stock is like elsewhere though.

Pity Tesco have stopped stocking games in a lot of stores after their €5 games clearout in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

How many levels of difficulty are there? Is it fun as a replay on harder if so?

grizzly wrote: »
    How many levels of difficulty are there? Is it fun as a replay on harder if so?

All the hall marks of a casual game. Hardcore difficulty level doesn't pose much of a challenge. You are capped at level 15. The world levels with you so its always easy no matter where you go. I can't see myself going back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Playing through this at the moment when I get a few hours spare.

It's really just an interactive episode of South Park and a very good one at that.

Have not laughed this much at a video game in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just finished it there now.
    I've never laughed so much in a game!. It got to the point where I'd have put the controller down because I was starting to choke from laughter.

The game isn't very challenging par a few boss fights. Also someone happened to walk in on me while playing the
    Gnome sex part
    They gave me a weird look and left the room :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just finished it there now.
    I've never laughed so much in a game!. It got to the point where I'd have put the controller down because I was starting to choke from laughter.

The game isn't very challenging par a few boss fights. Also someone happened to walk in on me while playing the
    Gnome sex part
    They gave me a weird look and left the room :pac:

I keep on thinking fights can't get any weirder in this game. I thought the
    Nazi Zombie cows
    was weird. Then I played that section. Now I'm really sure there will be nothing weirder.

I'll probably be proven wrong though:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I keep on thinking fights can't get any weirder in this game. I thought the
    Nazi Zombie cows
    was weird. Then I played that section. Now I'm really sure there will be nothing weirder.

I'll probably be proven wrong though:pac:.

I promise you there will be. Keep playing... You'll know the bit I'm talking about when you get to it :)
    It involved big gay al
    that's all I'll say. Look at the spoiler if you want but doesn't give too much away.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Is there anyone here that ordered from VGP and got their order delivered yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is there anyone here that ordered from VGP and got their order delivered yet?

Ya, my order arrived on Tuesday. I had it pre-ordered so it was shipped on 27th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Ya, my order arrived on Tuesday. I had it pre-ordered so it was shipped on 27th Feb.

balls! mine shipped out on the 28th still haven't got it but then again it will prob take another week to get it down to the kingdom :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭brady12

I'd say I'm about 40% through it.. Brilliant game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Tesco in Tallaght had this in stock but it was 54.99. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

brady12 wrote: »
    I'd say I'm about 40% through it.. Brilliant game

Is there a way to check? I'm currently
    trying to recruit the goth kids

Loving it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai