Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Kenny is ridiculously over powered though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

irishmover wrote: »
    Kenny is ridiculously over powered though.

Yet the worst because he can't talk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Both. If you don't have a 360 wired PC controller, but have a PS3 controller and USB lead, you can plug it in and with MotionInJoy program you can set it to read like a 360 controller. You just gotta remember the corresponding button. (ie O is A). Perhaps I've saved someone a few quid and getting pants on!

Or if you have a ps4 controller you can use this

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

Which is what I used and it worked a charm. Remembering the corresponding buttons comes naturally after a short while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If anyone is interested Tesco are selling the censored console versions for €40.

Picked up the PC version myself for €32 on greenman, just finished the first day. Really enjoying it so far but combat is very easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

Debating whether order this from America for uncensored version or just get censored version here

• Advertisement

brady12 wrote: »
    Debating whether order this from America for uncensored version or just get censored version here

If you can wait for it, I would definitely get the uncensored. There is one joke that had me stitches that would be impossible in the censored version. That said, there isn't huge difference between them. You can always look up the withheld scenes

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there much DLC lined up for this anyone know? I'd rather wait for the GOTY if there is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is the UK PC version still uncensored?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

What's best site buy this in America again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is the UK PC version still uncensored?

Yes, it is uncensored. As I metioned earlier it is €32 on greenmangaming with a 20% off voucher, which is probably the cheapest you will get it for at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I got it for £28 off Amazon UK. Just glad it's uncensored.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Just finished the game, I've to say this is the funniest game since I played Deadpool :) Really recommend to anyone who hasn't bought it yet.

I've seen a lot of people both here and elsewhere using the games run-time of 15 hours to criticise the game. Honestly I think basing your opinion of a game based on something such as the time to clear it is ridiculous. People seem to equate game length with quality and as such people will suggest that a 6 hour RPG is superior to an 8 hour one. Honestly a game should only be as long as it needs to be, nothing more off putting about a game that's full of padding. Far too many games (I'm looking at you GTAV) are full of stupid pointless, boring side missions that exist simply so the developers can say their game has hundreds of hours of content. Give me a 6 or 8 or 10 or 20 hour game that's straight to the point and is just as long as the game needs to tell it's story. Spec Ops is a great game that you'll have wrapped up in under 7 hours yet is vastly more entertaining than 90% of 50+ hour epics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've seen a lot of people both here and elsewhere using the games run-time of 15 hours to criticise the game. Honestly I think basing your opinion of a game based on something such as the time to clear it is ridiculous. People seem to equate game length with quality and as such people will suggest that a 6 hour RPG is superior to an 8 hour one. Honestly a game should only be as long as it needs to be, nothing more off putting about a game that's full of padding. Far too many games (I'm looking at you GTAV) are full of stupid pointless, boring side missions that exist simply so the developers can say their game has hundreds of hours of content. Give me a 6 or 8 or 10 or 20 hour game that's straight to the point and is just as long as the game needs to tell it's story. Spec Ops is a great game that you'll have wrapped up in under 7 hours yet is vastly more entertaining than 90% of 50+ hour epics.

Couldn't agree more. If I could thank this twice I would. Nothing irritates me more than people moaning about game length. These are the sort of people who race....and I literally mean race through games skipping all the scenery and then complain that its too short.

If anyone is interested Tesco are selling the censored console versions for €40.

Picked up the PC version myself for €32 on greenman, just finished the first day. Really enjoying it so far but combat is very easy

I think it depends on your class. I'm playing hardcore and picked mage. I've died three or four times because most of the enemies 2 shot me. Now, you can heal every turn but when there are 3 enemies on screen....they can kill you in one turn. I ran into that homeless mob at level 1 and got wrecked. :P It helps after a few levels as you have AoE and can kill several guys at once.

I'm playing a hardcore mage myself. Its not particularly hard but you do have to think about your approach, which should be standard really. I can only imagine how easy it must be on the lowest difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Thanks, great price.

Was gonna wait on this for a while but couldnt turn it down at 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This is already down to around €18 for PC if you shop around.

The game continues to crash upon launching. I've had to resort to using a crack. What a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grimebox wrote: »
    The game continues to crash upon launching. I've had to resort to using a crack. What a joke

What lead to that, is DRM at fault?

Been having no issues bar one (stuck on loading screen so had to relaunch game) since getting this for PS3. Glad I didn't get it on PC so.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    What lead to that, is DRM at fault?

Not sure exactly.

I pre-loaded on the EU steam. Used a VPN to unlock it on the US steam. I reconnected to the EU steam at some stage then it started crashing on launch, so I figure something went wrong there. I reinstalled it using the same method. Still crashing. Since EU release, I reinstalled. Still crashing. Crack it is!

Game just keeps getting better :) The gags are great...

They really did do a very good job with this game.

And I've finished it. Was very impressed. Hard to get great game in my book and this game was a borderline good/great game.

Very good story which kept true to Soith Park and definitely made it feel like you were part of a long Episode. Couldn't put the game down and normally that's hard in my book.

I'll give it 8/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,673 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rented this, absolutely class game, haven't taken the chinballs off since finding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

MY copy from VGP+ arrived today. Gonna get stuck in later tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There is an achievement trophy for wearing the bald cap and evil cartman beard while doing the early mission in kennys place, only got the gag when I got there and went to see the rented room, my character looks like Ali G now with his Jew hat and bling outfit and beard :D

I wasn't going to get this but saw a rental copy in xtravision and I have to say this is a lot better than I was expecting, easily up there with the best TV/Movie licenses ever???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can you post or pm me where this is €18, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Yeah I paid less than 15euro for my copy (gotta love russians) :P ... Amazing game one of the only RPG games that I actually can enjoy and spend hours playing..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not necessarily a spoiler, but if you are a trophy hound make sure you do not sell any items or you will not get the hoarders trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Xenji wrote: »
    Not necessarily a spoiler, but if you are a trophy hound make sure you do not sell any items or you will not get the hoarders trophy.

Yeah I realised this after... But isn't there also a trophy for selling 300 items.. Maybe after you finish the game you can then sell the items, if so damnit... But I intend on finishing the game 2-3 times anyways

Advertisement