Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of people annoy you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

People who park in disabled posts.

Also, people who think P&C spaces should be accorded the same status as disabled spaces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

People who have no interest in religion who go on and on....and on...and on about it and look down on those who have faith.

As bad as the folk you're condemning in my book.

If you or any other religionists wish to believe in your fairy tales then be my guest.
    However, please be aware that not everybody agrees with this outlook on life.
    So don't be surprised if some people don't want to be told how to live their lives by men in dresses who have no experience of real world living.

When religionists try to impose their "view of how the world should be run" on ALL of us don't be surprised if a non-believer pipes up and says you're talking sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

This is a bit of a rant but I think it's appropriate to this discussion.

I work in a small shop in Dublin city centre, we get a lot of customers (particularly tourists as of late) as we're located near a very busy shopping district (not naming any names). Usually we never have any hassle, which is strange considering where we are in town. But on Friday evening I had a customer come in and pick out a couple of apples a banana and a packet of hunky dory buffalo.. no biggy, right? He comes up to the till and puts the items down and says "any deals on these?" I said "nope, sorry buddy" and he goes "I've only got the card with me, any chance I can pay with that?" and I say "yep, no bother". He picks out a few other items and I ask "Do you want cash back?" to which he replies "Yeah, I'm gonna need about tree fiddy". It was about that time when I noticed he was actually a 500ft tall creature from the Jurassic era. I said "God damn it Loch Ness monster!! You ain't getting no tree fiddy".

Couldn't believe it. Goes to show, any scheister can walk in the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who engage in office bitching.

People of low intellect who get annoyed with you over something when in fact the problem merely exists because of their stupidity.

Sick people coughing and sneezing and infecting others.

People who start sentences with qualifiers such as, "I'm not homophobic" /"I'm not racist" /"I'm an OAP"

People who have no regard for animals

People who are reasonable human beings on the footpath and then turn into monsters behind the wheel

People who interrupt

People who dont listen to the answer when they have asked a question

People who are conspiracy theorists

People who spend their lives on diets and wreck other people's heads banging on about points/syns etc and still get bigger all the time

People who live vicarioulsy through social networking

People who make a career out of going to college

People who got themselves into huge debt during the celtic tiger credit bonanza and are now whingeing and looking for restructuring deals

People that are smelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭All Hail President Murphy

Also, people who think P&C spaces should be accorded the same status as disabled spaces.

+1, never existed when I was growing up.
    MS.ing wrote: »
    people who call the overtaking lane the outer lane

It is the outer lane.

driving lane is the inside lane, passing / overtaking lane is the outside lane.

now, people who call it the slow / fast lane .. now that's what grinds my gears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If you or any other religionists wish to believe in your fairy tales then be my guest.
    However, please be aware that not everybody agrees with this outlook on life.
    So don't be surprised if some people don't want to be told how to live their lives by men in dresses who have no experience of real world living.

When religionists try to impose their "view of how the world should be run" on ALL of us don't be surprised if a non-believer pipes up and says you're talking sh1t.

We have neighbours like this. I used to drop into them to see if they wanted anything as they are old and cant drive. Stopped it because every time I do they are firing leaflets at me about retreat weekends where we will all sit around singing about Jesus. The implication, as always being, "you are imperfect, you need to do xy and z if you want to be good." - the fuuck??? Felt like saying, "listen love, while you're down on your creaky knees worshipping, I'm out helping where I can. Doing voluntary workwhen I can, collecting, looking after my pack of rescue misfits so dont fuucking preach to me about spreading Gods word - I'm already doing Gods work!". She's not much good to the suffering and the poor down on her knees is she? She cornered me yesterday when I was out with another neighours dog. This dog is tied up 24/7 and I go up any day I can to take her out, give her some food, change her blankets and just generally show her there is life on this planet. I dont do it for the praise, I love the dog but its annoying then to be bombarded with questions about what I am doing for Jesus today. I mean, what does she do? (aside from sitting around campfires singing hymns and hugging the pew?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Dublin Bus passengers ahead of you in the Queue to get off, and tell the driver, "no it's grand, it's not this one, ye can drive on"
    eventhough I've rung the bell.
    The 75 bus driver did stop at my stop :)
    To you madame ;):cool:;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

People who park in disabled posts.

What have you got against disabled people? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Suas11 wrote: »
    What have you got against disabled people? :mad:

I would imagine the poster meant people who are not disabled who decided to park in disabled posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Two faced people who are as nice as pie to the person they were just gossiping about.

• Advertisement

People standing on buses who insist on congregating around the door instead of moving down the bus. They make it impossible for the driver to guage how many more people he can let on or to see if people need to get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Smelly people. And hipsters. And smelly hipsters.

Every type of individual that Travis Bickle hates in the movie Taxi Driver.:cool::cool::cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In no particular order...

Hipsters
    Talkers in the cinema / quiet gigs
    People blocking up escalators so you can't pass
    Preachy Religious people
    Most taxi drivers
    **** drivers
    People who make a life out of being a victim
    Cyclists who believe red traffic lights don't apply to them
    Older people with a sence of entitlement because "they built this country"
    Rude shop assistants
    Rude anybody
    Whoever had the idea for 'the gathering'
    Every ****ing politician under the sun
    Insincere relatives
    Insincere anybody
    The employable unemployed who do not WANT to work.
    Robotic sounding rude disinterested Ryanair cabin crew
    Every Israeli who I have had the misfortune to deal with through work..

I would imagine the poster meant people who are not disabled who decided to park in disabled posts.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/26660/2178890-youdontsay.jpg

People who drive SUVs around the city and suburbs and rarely venture into the countryside but feel quite happy obstructing other drivers' views in car parks and at traffic lights or blocking people from being able to get down the inside lane to turn left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KOTSC

Overfamilair people who can,t or won,t recognize boundaries and noisy busybodies who like to know everyones business just rub me the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I hate people who assume just because you moved to Dublin and now work there, that you are now a snob and loaded.
    Sooooo not true!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

People who don't understand the concept of personal space.

KOTSC wrote: »
    Overfamilair people who can,t or won,t recognize boundaries and noisy busybodies who like to know everyones business just rub me the wrong way.
    Otherwise know as the 'Hail Fellow - Well Met' Brigade and talk over everyone else in the bar/restaurant.

• Advertisement

No need to to get smart with me. Just thought I'd correct you since it amazes me how people on here can get into arguments over the smallest thing.

No need to to get smart with me. Just thought I'd correct you since it amazes me how people on here can get into arguments over the smallest thing.

I was just joking.

I was just joking.

Ok sorry...I'm not in the best of moods today. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

People with the really deep Irish accent.

The farmers the minute they start to talk you need not turn around.
    People talking sh1t out of there ass

Ok sorry...I'm not in the best of moods today. :o

It's ok. Gimme a hug :D

It's ok. Gimme a hug :D

Here you, go, best i can do :) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Irish Ukranians not Russians

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭HotHHead

People who are slow at ATM's

Drives me mental to, worse again are people who are really slow and then take another card out of their wallet and start all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Snobs and other posh people, racists and others who are blinded by xenophobia and bias, and those who are cruel to animals.

They don't really annoy me, I hate them :mad:

"I can't stand intollerance!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Do self service checkouts count as people? They're a constant hurry, and I consider myself quite a fast moving person. They also trickle out change in the worst possible way, taking up even more time. I usually use a card but when I don't it's annoying. Oh and some leave you hanging for ages when you put a note in them..the only ones that actually seem to work without fail are Tesco

Advertisement