Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of people annoy you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

When you're going to eat something that the majority don't like (tuna, is a big one), and a person asks you "oh, you're actually going to eat that?"

Yes. I am. Thanks for your input.

:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blue onion

Atari Jaguar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

One uppers.

Yes especially the ones you meet travelling. The type that if you tell them you've been to let's say, Rio, they'll have been there too but saw the 'real' Rio, not the tourist trail like you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Mario the Plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

blue onion wrote: »
    Atari Jaguar

People who comment 'Atari Jaguar' in threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 blue onion

dianesaccount

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People who automatically say "What?" when you say something, without thinking about whether they've actually heard you or not. I now just look at them in silence and wait for their brain to process what I said. If they genuinely didn't hear me they'll say "what?" again, but 95% of the time they did hear, and are able to continue the conversation.
    + A million. It's so arrogant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    + A million. It's so arrogant.

I do that, but its more out of awkwardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

People who hear your joke, notices that no one else heard it, repeats it and then unashamedly laps up the laughter like they thought of the joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Fecked2bits

People who wait until the lady at the cashier says "that's €20 please" to fumble for their purse and start counting their coins. Yes I said purse because it only seems to be women who do this. They're very slow at ATMs too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

People who can't park their car properly. Instead they simply abandon it and walk off completely oblivious to the fact they've taken up two spaces

(I once saw a car take up three spaces ffs):mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

People who wear sun glasses in the pouring rain cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

People who sit on the outside seat on a bus or else sit on the inside seat and put all their **** up on the outside one

I do this. It's cos I think if something crashes into the side of the bus I'll reduce my chances of injury or death by about 5% :pac: Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People at the checkout in supermarkets who start chatting to the cashier about their kids etc and don't care that they are holding everyone else up.

Also not having their money/card ready when it's time to pay or being really slow packing their groceries, I always have the card ready for payment and the shopping bags to hand because I don't want to be delaying the people behind me.

It's not rocket science to be a bit organised.

Boy racers.

Junkies asking for money.

People who bladder on about how terrible Ireland is and how they're treated so badly, it's not exactly Iran here and if you don't like it then bog off somewhere else.

Atheists, especially the crowd here who seem to despise anyone who mentions that they are a Catholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

People who sit on the outside seat on a bus or else sit on the inside seat and put all their **** up on the outside one

What makes this ten times worse is when they do it even though they can clearly see that there are people looking hard for a free seat on the bus. Ignorant c nts!

I recently almost snapped in front of a bus full of people because of this. I think I will the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

People who automatically say "What?" when you say something, without thinking about whether they've actually heard you or not. I now just look at them in silence and wait for their brain to process what I said. If they genuinely didn't hear me they'll say "what?" again, but 95% of the time they did hear, and are able to continue the conversation.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

People who are always in a rush, even when they could easily just relax and slow down. Or the people who just find things to do to seem busy. 'I have to get to the bank before 4, its 11am now but I can't go to the bank without hoovering, hanging out the washing, gardening'

Just go to the f*cking bank and do it when you get home. Otherwise I have to watch you do sh*t that doesn't NEED to be done right now, then help you, but you're adding more unnecissary sh*t on the load as we go, then you miss the bank and take it out on me anyway!!!!!

My mother is terrible for this. She was going around like a blue arsed fly earlier, train was at 12, it was 9.30 and she wasn't dressed. Its a 10 minute drive. Taking it out on everyone else.

Me-'what time is your train?'

Her-'12. I might have to get the one after that because I have to wash these dishes before I get dressed. Loads to do and nobody is helping. Its alright, I got it, not like I've a train to catch'

Jesus if you want a hand then ask me, don't make sly digs and play the martyr. I say it to her at least once a week, I always do what I'm asked and more, always help around the house and do loads for her.. I'm not lazy, but don't assume I'm a mind reader either!

It really bugs me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

people on boards who use 'text language' evil bastards......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

mauzo! wrote: »
    People who are always in a rush, even when they could easily just relax and slow down. Or the people who just find things to do to seem busy. 'I have to get to the bank before 4, its 19871am now but I can't go to the bank without hoovering, hanging out the washing, gardening'

Just go to the f*cking bank and do it when you get home. Otherwise I have to watch you do sh*t that doesn't NEED to be done right now, then help you, but you're adding more unnecissary sh*t on the load as we go, then you miss the bank and take it out on me anyway!!!!!

My mother is terrible for this. She was going around like a blue arsed fly earlier, train was at 12, it was 9.30 and she wasn't dressed. Its a 10 minute drive. Taking it out on everyone else.

Me-'what time is your train?'

Her-'12. I might have to get the one after that because I have to wash these dishes before I get dressed. Loads to do and nobody is helping. Its alright, I got it, not like I've a train to catch'

Jesus if you want a hand then ask me, don't make sly digs and play the martyr. I say it to her at least once a week, I always do what I'm asked and more, always help around the house and do loads for her.. I'm not lazy, but don't assume I'm a mind reader either!

It really bugs me!!

Sorry to break this to you, but that's you in twenty years time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Religionists who not only believe in crazy sh!t, but expect everybody else to conform to all their rules too.

Normal people who look at me as if I've two heads when I mention we didn't baptise our son.
    Huh! You were at our godless wedding.
    Why are you so surprised???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

'Computer says no' administrator types
    Skangers, their childer-and junkies.
    Women who dress in short skirts and spend every living second pulling at them as though they are conscious of burning eyes
    Women who wear shoes that don't fit or that hurt
    People who slurp drinking tea
    People who are overtly and expressively ...camp...
    People who are overtly helpless
    Insurance companies.
    Irish politicians.
    The comedian garda who says there's a gang about when you report your vehicle stolen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Licka*se types in workplace.
    People who only contact /acknowledge you when they want something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

People from middle class areas of Dublin who deliberately adopt an inner city Dublin accent because they think it makes them sound more street wise or cool. They just sound stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭All Hail President Murphy

People who park in disabled posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

My mother in law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Overly positive people who are cheerful in the mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

People who do 80kph in 100 kph zone in outer lane.
    I saw an interesting one the other evening. I was in outer lane doing above speed limit when a car came very close behind me obviously in a hurry. I pulled in and eh overtook and I immediately pulled out again anticipating build up approaching N7 junction. I saw his tail lights go blue for an instant.

Unmarked garda car.
    Warning?

I immediately pulled into the middle lane and matched speeds with him at a safe distance to observe. Up ahead in the outer lane was a guy doing about 110 kph but with the middle lane empty. A classic lane hogger. The unmarked car pulled up close behind him and tailed him for about 5 seconds.

Then blue lights everywhere and the guy was pulled over to explain his using the outside lane when the middle was empty.

On later thought I was a bit concerned that the unmarked car drove very close to me to get me to pull over, which I did in 1 or 2 seconds. If I had been daydreaming and did not notice the car I would also have been pulled over. another 4-5 seconds would have done it for me.

The car ahead of me who did not pull over in time was pulled in and probably done for driving without due care and attention. But the unmarked car used a potentially dangerous manoeuvre to try and "wake up" the driver and make him pull in. I bet if a civilian driver adopted the same tactic he would be frowned upon by the boys in blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭geckovision

Religionists who not only believe in crazy sh!t, but expect everybody else to conform to all their rules too.

Normal people who look at me as if I've two heads when I mention we didn't baptise our son.
    Huh! You were at our godless wedding.
    Why are you so surprised???

People who have no interest in religion who go on and on....and on...and on about it and look down on those who have faith.

As bad as the folk you're condemning in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

annoying ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

doolox wrote: »
    People who do 80kph in 100 kph zone in outer lane.
    I saw an interesting one the other evening. I was in outer lane doing above speed limit when a car came very close behind me obviously in a hurry. I pulled in and eh overtook and I immediately pulled out again anticipating build up approaching N7 junction. I saw his tail lights go blue for an instant.

Unmarked garda car.
    Warning?

I immediately pulled into the middle lane and matched speeds with him at a safe distance to observe. Up ahead in the outer lane was a guy doing about 110 kph but with the middle lane empty. A classic lane hogger. The unmarked car pulled up close behind him and tailed him for about 5 seconds.

Then blue lights everywhere and the guy was pulled over to explain his using the outside lane when the middle was empty.

On later thought I was a bit concerned that the unmarked car drove very close to me to get me to pull over, which I did in 1 or 2 seconds. If I had been daydreaming and did not notice the car I would also have been pulled over. another 4-5 seconds would have done it for me.

The car ahead of me who did not pull over in time was pulled in and probably done for driving without due care and attention. But the unmarked car used a potentially dangerous manoeuvre to try and "wake up" the driver and make him pull in. I bet if a civilian driver adopted the same tactic he would be frowned upon by the boys in blue.

people who call the overtaking lane the outer lane

Advertisement