Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very strong winds developing south, east; storm watch late Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

On the latest EURO4, inland areas look like they will experience similar winds on Tuesday as the winds this morning. For coastal parts, winds could be 5-10mph stronger at times on Tuesday evening.

14020418_0300.gif
    14020421_0300.gif

A very wet outlook with flooding a real concern in the days ahead. WRF showing 100mm of rain over Wicklow in the next 72 hours.

nmmuk-25-72-0.png?03-06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Some very good information on Cork City food risks and tides :

http://www.corkfloodwatch.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Mech1

Some go arounds at Dublin airport due to gusts.

Listen in to Air Traffic Control by following the link in my Sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest at Dun Laoughaire Harbour

Wind Speed: 36.3 kts (F: 8 )
    Gust Speed: 56.0 kts (F: 11 )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Pic of Patrick Street & Oliver Plunket Street this morning

1604727_10151875592917060_1105750874_n.jpg

BfiL1s8IIAAIipm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lovely my usual walk to college is flooded. :rolleyes:

poor shop owners having to deal with that again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Cork City is flooded so often, tis a shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

seems to pick on a different county every night at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Gust of 87km/h recorded here in Waterford City in the last half hour. This storm is on a par with or worse than anything we have seen this Winter so far.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Yes its wild this morning..Flooding outside Morris's Cork road, Waterford

Passage East, Waterford :

BfiZTk7IYAApZ2M.jpg

Reports of coastal flooding in other parts of the county too.

Pics from Cheekpoint here : https://twitter.com/AltitudeIreland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

1511666_716504848390245_240102557_n.jpg

The Quay Waterford this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Still picking up at DunLaoughaire

Wind Speed: 37.6 kts (F: 8 )
    Gust Speed: 61.5 kts (F: 11 )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Yes its wild this morning..Flooding outside Morris's Cork road, Waterford

I've never seen it flood there before. The wind has been non stop here since yesterday evening. The rain looks like clearing in the next hour or so. Round two tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Didnt get to check earlier but 53Kts showing in the 9 AM reports for Waterford Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Still picking up at DunLaoughaire

Wind Speed: 37.6 kts (F: 8 )
    Gust Speed: 61.5 kts (F: 11 )

Not surprised, definitely 110 km/h gusts out there

I've never seen it flood there before. The wind has been non stop here since yesterday evening. The rain looks like clearing in the next hour or so. Round two tomorrow night.

I didn't think it would flood there with the new wall on the quay. Would have been even worse without that wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

Here's a few photos from yesterday from inland in Cahir where the River Suir has burst it's banks. I'm sure there is more to come here.. Seems to be a few pics and videos knocking around Facebook of high tide coming over the sea wall in Dungarvan this morning also.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10152249962928274.1073741836.185716728273&type=1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wind really howling around these parts this morning, most intense in the last hour. Very wet to boot. 12.6mm so far this morning.

AdamB wrote: »
    Here's a few photos from yesterday from inland in Cahir where the River Suir has burst it's banks. I'm sure there is more to come here.. Seems to be a few pics and videos knocking around Facebook of high tide coming over the sea wall in Dungarvan this morning also.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10152249962928274.1073741836.185716728273&type=1

Webcam of the Suir in Clonmel here.

http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/live-webcams/ireland/Suir/Clonmel/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Due to land in Dublin at 16.00 tomorrow , anyone know will I get in before the worst of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Getting the strongest gusts of the winter here now. Recent gust 76KPH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Very bad out there, hard to believe that Tuesday night might see even stronger winds..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

No wind records this year were broken last night, Flooding was quite widespread with areas being flooded for the first time this winter but nothing too extreme and nothing new.

The usual places had already flooded to a higher depth so the flood pattern has shifted slightly downstream from the city.

Wind remained quite constant blowing 15 to 22 KTS at the airport until about 22:00hrs [2nd Feb]. My own max gust was captured at 52km/h @ 06:30 /03/02/14. with 15mm precipitation caught since midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So i arrived at work at 10am this morning - left the house at 7.55 - so yeah took me 2 hours to get to work. Traffice chaos in Cork City this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

leahyl wrote: »
    So i arrived at work at 10am this morning - left the house at 7.55 - so yeah took me 2 hours to get to work. Traffice chaos in Cork City this morning.

A woman who came into our office this morning left Stillorgan at 8:30am and arrived here just after 10am...

red_bairn wrote: »
    A woman who came into our office this morning left Stillorgan at 8:30am and arrived here just after 10am...

Mine is a 20 minute journey normally in the morning - usually get into work around 8.15/8.20 - to say I was p***ed off would be an understatement!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

81km/hr highest recorded here in northern Kilkenny, not as strong as last December 26th/27th.
    Maybe if I was more exposed it would be.

These storms and depressions are bringing lots of rain, so far 18.5% of the total rainfall for 2013 has fallen here.
    150mm so far this year.

Easy to see why there is flooding in places, between high seas, high tides, high river levels and high rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

leahyl wrote: »
    Mine is a 20 minute journey normally in the morning - usually get into work around 8.15/8.20 - to say I was p***ed off would be an understatement!

Indeed, however, Tuesday's event is promising some serious potential, pack and extra lunch going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

http://waterlevel.ie/0000026333/ water level readings for River Shannon above Athlone weir, by this time next week I think estates below the weir are in serious danger of flooding.

• Advertisement

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Indeed, however, Tuesday's event is promising some serious potential, pack and extra lunch going to work.

Tides won't be as high though will they?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement