Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Could it be another ONO? I think Sacrifice was the April one and that would just be random to bring back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

TNA are back in Orlando after Lockdown:
    APRIL 28 – IMPACT Taping
    APRIL 29 – IMPACT Taping
    MAY 7 – IMPACT Taping
    MAY 8 – IMPACT Taping
    MAY 9 – IMPACT Taping
    Five days of taping over the space of two weeks? I thought it was about three days per month, are the May ones for June's shows?

I think we're getting a live Impact this week. Unless it's airing at 4pm in the States, we'll be getting it first. Challenge are advertising Impact for Thursday at nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Five days of taping over the space of two weeks? I thought it was about three days per month, are the May ones for June's shows?

That'll probably take them up to the Slammiversary PPV in June. And TNA are live on Challenge on Thursday from Glasgow before the US, they announced that months ago.

Interesting iMPACT! quarter hours:
    Q1: Impact opened with a show-high 1.42 rating for Dixie's attorney backstage, Sting confronting Magnus, and one commercial.

Q2: Impact dipped to a 1.26 rating for Dixie/Spud backstage, Gunner vs. Storm in a briefcase match, and one commercial.

Q3: Impact increased to a 1.29 rating for Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries for the X Division Title, plus one commercial.

Q4: Impact dipped to a 1.19 rating for the Wolves’ video package, Angle/Roode hype, and two commercial breaks.

Q5: Impact jumped to a 1.39 rating for Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode in a steel cage match.

Q6: Impact dipped to a 1.21 rating for EC3/Spud backstage and an in-ring promo featuring the Bro Mans, Zema Ion, Eric Young and Abyss. There were also two commercial breaks.

Q7: Impact dipped to a show-low 1.13 rating for Samoa Joe vs. Rockstar Spud, Kurt Angle backstage, and one commercial.

Q8: Impact increased slightly to a 1.14 rating for Magnus vs. Sting for the TNA World Title, plus one mid-match commercial.

So either there wasn't that much interest in the main event or TNA drove them away before they could get there.

• Advertisement

Sting was never winning, and it was never going to be anything better than decent. As such, no real reason to watch. Angle vs Roode should have been the main event.

Yet another "changing the face of TNA forever" hype video. I swear they do at least one a year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yet another "changing the face of TNA forever" hype video. I swear they do at least one a year now.
    Every year? Try 3 months.
    They need to start an "Our Year" campaign every year around January.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Every year? Try 3 months.
    They need to start an "Our Year" campaign every year around January.

They havent done one in a while, have they? They used to do them almost every week.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They havent done one in a while, have they? They used to do them almost every week.

Was Tito one?
    Or can we forget that happened.

• Advertisement

A reminder: iMPACT! is on live at 9 tonight on Challenge with the reveal of the investor as well as BroMans vs. Abyss and EY for the tag titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A reminder: iMPACT! is on live at 9 tonight on Challenge with the reveal of the investor as well as BroMans vs. Abyss and EY for the tag titles.

Shall be my first time ever watching TNA live (always watched it taped)

Looking for some good in ring matches similar to what I've heard on the Dublin leg of the tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Good crowd in Glasgow by the looks of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Savage crowd but the production sucks. Most of the mics seem to have low batteries.

Audio feed of the crowd seems to be higher than the mic feeds,annoying.Bit of an echo too whenever someone shouts during their promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not that it matters but this isnt live, right? But was taped earlier this evening?

Not that it matters but this isnt live, right? But was taped earlier this evening?

90 minutes behind.

They edited something out there. Maybe it will placed later in the show.

2 minutes of Wrestling so far.

Seeing that Joe saddens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Did Dixie say the F word in that conversation?

• Advertisement

Borash is far more tolerable on commentary than Tazz.

Staggeringly bad show so far. So this show is meant to create new fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Good jasus MVP times really are tough

Loved the TNAness of Mike Tenay marking out it's MVVVVVVVVVVVVPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

rovert wrote: »
    Loved the TNAness of Mike Tenay marking out it's MVVVVVVVVVVVVPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Did the show improve?
    Tbh I went watching Graham Norton at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Tenay had a hard time making that seem like a big deal. And what was with only showing him for less than 30 seconds before ending the show? At least give us time to soak it in and think how it might be a big deal!

They're recording next week's episode tonight too? I feel sorry for that crowd sitting through another 2 hours of backstage vignettes and promos!

I thought it was a decent enough show. Nothing great and lacking some good wrestling but easily better than the last couple of weeks.

Enjoyable show with a very strong crowd, just too light on actual wrestling.

Enjoyed The Beautiful People reunion even though it was incredibly short. Hopefully they can stick together with an eventual heel turn down the line. With the recent signing of Santana Garrett they are only a little short of an actual division again.

One thing I dont get about this investor story is how they can afford MVP, but not afford to keep AJ Styles and several others. Surely they would contribute a lot more?

As for the actual authority figure, I'd like to see them put Bobby Roode in charge some day. His character (since the Team Canada split) has always been one of money. Buy the shares and give yourself title matches. Easy.

Also, why the fcuk does Abyss have a Twitter? He seems like the last person that should have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else find it strange that wwe have guys like the Wolves try out before going to developmental yet tna just has them go straight to the main roster?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else find it strange that wwe have guys like the Wolves try out before going to developmental yet tna just has them go straight to the main roster?

WWE insist on everyone wrestling the exact same style. TNA (and every other promotion in the world) dont.

Advertisement