Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else find it strange that wwe have guys like the Wolves try out before going to developmental yet tna just has them go straight to the main roster?

Depends on the person. MVP and The Wolves went straight to the main roster (I assume based on their reputations), EC3 had a try out match and was signed based on that (and I assume because he fit the image of a character they were thinking of doing), and Sam Shaw and Spud were signed and sent to developmental (TNA had a now defunct partnership with OVW for much of last year) before eventually making the main roster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

ricero wrote: »
    Good jasus MVP times really are tough

I dont even know who he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I dont even know who he is...

Third longest reigning US Champion ever. Think he actually defended it too, unlike Ambrose's current reign. Also a former Tag Champion and in NJPW a former Intercontinental Champion.

He's not a massive name, but is pretty well known. Downside is he is the wrong side of 40.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else find it strange that wwe have guys like the Wolves try out before going to developmental yet tna just has them go straight to the main roster?

Not really. WWE has a wellness policy and extensive medicals. TNA just has Kurt Angle. :P

I havent read the spoilers in detail, but Wiki only has three matches listed for Lockdown. Can someone who read them fully tell us if that's all they built to?

They had a lot more than that for Genesis and that wasnt a real PPV.

The matches on Wiki are:
    Roode/Aries/BroMans vs MVP/Hardy/Wolves, Angle vs EC3 and Joe vs Magnus.
    Is that it?

• Advertisement

Storm vs. Gunner, Sam Shaw vs. Mr. Anderson and some kind of KO's match were set up aswell.
    Plus whatever Muta and Sanada are doing.

Good show this week with some very good matches. Abyss vs Young and Roode vs Joe were the pick of the bunch. Aries vs Ion was good but far too short. Give them 15-20 minutes and I think you'll have a TNA MOTYC. Angle vs Magnus was decent too. Pretty much all the wrestling was good this week. Too much Dixie was the only problem but it is building to something now so it's acceptable, unlike recently when she was just there for the sake of it.

Aries is insanely popular. If they dont have him win the title again at Destination X (or whatever the Option C happens at this year) it will be a major missed opportunity.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Good show this week with some very good matches. Abyss vs Young and Roode vs Joe were the pick of the bunch. Aries vs Ion was good but far too short. Give them 15-20 minutes and I think you'll have a TNA MOTYC. Angle vs Magnus was decent too. Pretty much all the wrestling was good this week. Too much Dixie was the only problem but it is building to something now so it's acceptable, unlike recently when she was just there for the sake of it.

Aries is insanely popular. If they dont have him win the title again at Destination X (or whatever the Option C happens at this year) it will be a major missed opportunity.

Epic show this week,It actually felt like a ''real'' event,things are looking good for TNA now,I can see why the ratings are improving!!

People really need to watch it this week. It was seriously a very good show and it isnt getting any credit.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    People really need to watch it this week. It was seriously a very good show and it isnt getting any credit.

I agreed with you and gave it credit,But you didnt even thank me... :(

• Advertisement

I agreed with you and gave it credit,But you didnt even thank me... :(

Dont know what you are talking about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I would agree it was a good show. I hope they keep it up and use MVP right. I am watching WWE as well and find it boarding compared to TNA.

I would agree it was a good show. I hope they keep it up and use MVP right. I am watching WWE as well and find it boarding compared to TNA.

Im not finding MVP interesting at all TBH,The wrestlers and bookers have picked up the pace.

MVP is an odd choice, but he plays the role well so far. He is easy to like which is one of the most important parts.

Curious to know if there are other investors due to MVP saying others contributed funds to help him make his claims a reality.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was going to bring up how sad the kayfabe of an ex-WWE wrestler can afford to buy TNA, but it's roughly no less silly than Ric Flair heading a consortium to go 50/50 on the WWF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ah the Flair one is worse considering his disasterous financial history.
    Btw Spud at the photoshoot was an absolute riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I was going to bring up how sad the kayfabe of an ex-WWE wrestler can afford to buy TNA, but it's roughly no less silly than Ric Flair heading a consortium to go 50/50 on the WWF.

He said it's not just him he has some like minded backers plus his own money

While it would've made much more sense to do the fourth PPV in January, Sacrifice returns as a live three hour show on April 27th.

While it would've made much more sense to do the fourth PPV in January, Sacrifice returns as a live three hour show on April 27th.

It allows a longer build to Lockdown this way. Just a shame they still won't use it to actually end the big feuds. That and Bound for Glory should be the two big blow off shows.

A step down from last week but still a very good show.

The six man tag and the main event were both very good, while the opening tag was decent too. Sabin vs Velvet and MVP vs Spud werent much in the way of being a match but were decent for what they were.

Interesting thing about the Feast or Fired tag. EC3 originally got case #3, last night they were #1 and #2. Surely they could have kept something that basic right?

Abyss going to find someone to understands him. A couple of options there. Janice would be the easy one, Stevie Richards could be an option but given their history would make zero sense. James Mitchell is the final and obvious one. Abyss's backstory has been changed so many times it is impossible to keep track so they could get away with reuniting them. Abyss was at his best when he had Mitchell to do the talking.

Willow looks and sounds shockingly like Jeff Hardy :pac:

Have to feel bad for Chris Sabin, from Velvet Sky and World Champion to Alpha Female? Pretty big step down. Odd that Tenay didnt know Alpha Female last night, but called her match last week on Xplosion. From said match, its another failed attempt to replace Kong from the looks of things.

Bully's phone call to Mrs. Anderson was great. I know a lot dont like that personal stuff but Bully does it so well. As for the match, the coffin doesnt really work for guys this big. A casket was needed but would have made the finish almost impossible to pull off.

Every week recently has had a big match and next week continues the trend with Magnus vs Gunner for the title. Two matches for Lockdown all but confirmed. Samoa Joe vs either Magnus or Gunner and the Lethal Lockdown tag. I've seen conflicting reports on the participants in Lethal Lockdown.
    Roode, BroMans and either Spud or Aries. Spud makes perfect sense and avoids wasting Aries' popularity by turning him heel again, but Aries would drastically improve the match quality and see the Dirty Heels reunite. I'd be fine with either outcome to be honest.

Once again, definitely worth watching. You can skip the segments but there is really no point. Even Dixie was pretty good this week.

• Advertisement

Looks like another big show this week. Gunner vs Magnus for the title, Rayne vs Gail for the KO title in a Street Fight and Bad Influence vs the Wolves.

bully_ray_taunts_man_u_fans_with_lfc_shirt_by_blue___wolf-d74nrbe.jpg

LEGEND! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

TNA has been pretty good as late. Really enjoying it at the minute!

TNA has went from utter rubbish to awesome in no time,Its really picked up the last few weeks,I have to say bully is the best all rounder in wrestling at the min,His wrestling stance and the way he portrays his character is epic.

Somethings happened behind the scenes every match of late even for the mid carders has been fantastic,the abyss angle suddenly came to like this week too. Im really enjoying it.

Somethings happened behind the scenes

Vince Russo is apparently involved again in some capacity. That's the obvious answer! :pac:

Seriously though, it has slowly been improving since Hogan left and Bischoff was told to stay home. Jarrett and Sting both departed at almost the exact same time too. They probably would have had input in the show. Less cooks in the kitchen recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Tna is far from awesome yet. Its improved dramaticly and is steadily looking better. On the right track and a lot of work to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

GTR63 wrote: »
    [IMG]LEGEND! :D:D:D:D:D[/img]

Things that bad for tna can only afford kits that are 2 seasons old? :D

Boo Anderson for stomping on it and throwing it in the coffin anyway!

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Things that bad for tna can only afford kits that are 2 seasons old? :D

At least it wasn't any of the horrific Warrior away/3rd choice jerseys

Was expecting Anderson to reveal a United jersey but thankfully he didnt. Maybe someone told him that wouldnt work in Manchester.

Xplosion this week is Gail vs Shanna. It's worth watching and as far as I'm aware, this was Shanna's debut match. Alpha Female made her debut last week and then debuted fully on Impact. Seems like they are actually trying to make a Knockouts Division again.

Curry Man also hitting on Velvet Sky :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Was expecting Anderson to reveal a United jersey but thankfully he didnt. Maybe someone told him that wouldnt work in Manchester.

Bully could of went with a German soccer shirt and Kennedy and English one.

Curry Man also hitting on Velvet Sky :D

Whos under the curry man gimmick now?

Advertisement