Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Some classic Genesis matches: http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/5385-Genesis-Freeviews-Watch-Archived-Classic-Matches-from-TNA-s-Genesis-2006-2013

Including one of TNA's better matches last year that was forgotten a little because it happened so early in the year:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just watched last weeks Impact, thought it was a horrible show. Like those lame late 90's McMahon-Helmsley era episodes of Raw.
    Poor Styles & Magnus deserve better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Credit to Mike Johnson of PWInsider for this one
    Last Thursday's Impact had 9 Dixie appearances, at least 5 of them in the first 55 minutes. Three of those within the first 18 minutes.

A stat that brings back memories of Dublin Championship Wrestling :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just watched last weeks Impact, thought it was a horrible show. Like those lame late 90's McMahon-Helmsley era episodes of Raw.
    Poor Styles & Magnus deserve better.

I actually enjoyed it. It's just a shame that Styles is gone now so he wont be getting payback.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed it. It's just a shame that Styles is gone now so he wont be getting payback.

He gave a good performance but the match was almost a hindrance to those involved. The whole babyfaces being taken out was a bit bluh & Big Bully Evil in the church was odd to say the least. It felt like a show with Russo's pen on it :(

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    He gave a good performance but the match was almost a hindrance to those involved. The whole babyfaces being taken out was a bit bluh & Big Bully Evil in the church was odd to say the least. It felt like a show with Russo's pen on it :(

Only problem I had with the babyface thing was none of them had offered to help Styles, bar Joe and Sting. Joseph Park, Eric Young, Gunner, James Storm, Kurt Angle.... none of them even mentioned Styles let alone looked like being interested in helping him. Only Angle would have gotten involved and that would only be to fight Roode rather than help Styles.

I think they screwed up the timing. They should have had the babyfaces taken out on Impact, but the title match at Genesis. They squeezed too much in. Surely they could have convinced Styles to do one match after his contract was up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    A stat that brings back memories of Dublin Championship Wrestling :P

*Holds Nose* I think Jeff hardy should go to Dixie land.

Hardcore Justice (I assume the one taped in December) is on Challenge at 10 tonight.

Hardcore Justice (I assume the one taped in December) is on Challenge at 10 tonight.

Gotta link to the card of that.

• Advertisement

EC3 vs. Tommy Dreamer in a Tables Match
    Bobby Roode vs. Samoa Joe for man advantage in Lethal Lockdown
    Lei'd Tapa vs. Velvet Sky in a Street Fight
    Eric Young and Joseph Park vs. Bad Influence in Full Metal Mayhem
    Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson Last Man Standing
    Austin Aries vs. Chris Sabin in a Cage match
    Team Angle vs. Team Roode in Lethal Lockdown

And maybe best of all JB instead of Taz on commentary.

Dixie's hint about new talent debuting tomorrow:
    BeDo5Z3IYAAxitW.jpg

Bad Influence vs. The American Wolves should be a doozie when it happens.

At least it was subtle :pac:

Curious as to how they can afford the two of them (assuming it is them) but couldn't afford to offer Styles anywhere close to his previous wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

At least it was subtle :pac:

Curious as to how they can afford the two of them (assuming it is them) but couldn't afford to offer Styles anywhere close to his previous wage.

With WWE not interested anymore and bridges burned in ROH , maybe they were in a better position to haggle???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

beakerjoe wrote: »
    With WWE not interested anymore and bridges burned in ROH , maybe they were in a better position to haggle???

WWE wouldn't sign them to $750 a week contracts.Very nice bargaining tool for TNA to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ivan Cruimh Walton

TNA's been declining since the aces and eights started falling apart.

Dixie Carter needs to book New Jack for a few shows and have him work angles with Taz and D-Von.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TNA's been declining since the aces and eights started falling apart.

Dixie Carter needs to book New Jack for a few shows and have him work angles with Taz and D-Von.

tyrone-meme-generator-huh-say-what-f62524.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Don't watch much TNA but my god tonight's show has been all types of bad

Dixie should have worn flat shoes for Davey:

Is next week's show live too, or taped? Some big matches so you'd expect it to be live, but they tend to record at least two at a time so I'm not sure.

No clue why they didnt do Genesis as a real PPV. Easily enough to fill a PPV and that's without a tag title match.

The investor thing is interesting. I'm wondering now if the Jarrett/Toby Keith rumours were just to throw people off. 99% sure Davey said "they", implying more than one.
    BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Don't watch much TNA but my god tonight's show has been all types of bad

Really? The opening was boring until Sting got involved, and the main event was weak, but I thought everything in between was good. At worst, it was still 10 times more enjoyable than most Monday nights.

• Advertisement

The investor thing is interesting. I'm wondering now if the Jarrett/Toby Keith rumours were just to throw people off. 99% sure Davey said "they", implying more than one.

My preference:

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Is next week's show live too, or taped? Some big matches so you'd expect it to be live, but they tend to record at least two at a time so I'm not sure.

No clue why they didnt do Genesis as a real PPV. Easily enough to fill a PPV and that's without a tag title match.

Really? The opening was boring until Sting got involved, and the main event was weak, but I thought everything in between was good. At worst, it was still 10 times more enjoyable than most Monday nights.
    Yes really if you think 3/4 quarters of a show filled with stupid backstage segments and in ring promos that make WWE stuff look Oscar worthy then I guess we differ over what's more enjoyable.

tyrone-meme-generator-huh-say-what-f62524.jpeg

You disagree?
    Mainstream pro-wrestling has become too sanitised and PG lately. The TNA and WWE products need their edge back.
    Hardcore wrestlers like New Jack would be awesome unpredictable additions, dig up Balls Mahoney and Vic Grimes too.
    Unless you're happy with watching 3 people putting Daniel 'I have nothing' Bryan over per night. Yes Yes Yes it's the worst gimmick ever.
    Orton putting over Kingston on Raw a few weeks before Rumble? Cmon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hardcore wrestlers like New Jack would be awesome unpredictable additions, dig up Balls Mahoney and Vic Grimes too.
    Unless you're happy with watching 3 people putting Daniel 'I have nothing' Bryan over per night. Yes Yes Yes it's the worst gimmick ever.

fout.jpg

Seriously, do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

You disagree?
    Mainstream pro-wrestling has become too sanitised and PG lately. The TNA and WWE products need their edge back.
    22671983-wtf.gif

fout.jpg

Seriously, do.

What's your beef Insect?

In relation to workrate, yes Danielson has some skills in ring, his gimmick and mic skills are appalling though. He could work some decent programs, as a cruiser weight, mid to lower card, but main eventing? No chance.
    The Wyatt heel turn had promise, but typically creative killed it almost immediately. Danielson is going the way of Cena, being rammed down the fans throats as a face. Cena and Danielson are massively over with the crowd these days because the crowd now consists largely of 7 year old children and their mothers, and they lap that lightweight drivel up.

Don't get me wrong, there is some good talent still working in the WWE, none of them are being used correctly in my opinion, and as long as it stays PG, the product will continue to suck.

I see one of the interchangeable Usos, married one of the interchangeable Funkadactyls, wonder will WWE work this into some other yawnfest angle.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    22671983-wtf.gif

Punk is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

You disagree?

Yes bring New 'four justifiable homicides' Jack to spice up things, out of all ECW history you pick three fat guys, with a history of drug and alcohol problems and no wrestling skill.

• Advertisement

LOTD wrote: »
    Yes bring New 'four justifiable homicides' Jack to spice up things, out of all ECW history you pick three fat guys, with a history of drug and alcohol problems and no wrestling skill.

Balls and New Jack are fine wrestlers, probably a bit too rough for a Fandango type fan like yourself. New Jacks still working Indys so he must be doing something right.
    Pretty much every great pro wrestler in the last 25 years has a history of drug and alcohol problems, it went with the territory.
    This wellness crap is also contributing to turning WWE into a cartoon.

Advertisement