Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Bully could of went with a German soccer shirt and Kennedy and English one.

That probably would have been a better idea alright.
    Whos under the curry man gimmick now?

It's only ever been Daniels as far as I know. It's literally his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Curry Man also hitting on Velvet Sky :D

He's punching well above his weight there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hes not exactly Mike Knox and Kelly kelly though

kelly-kelly-with-wwe-star.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The current card for the TNA/Wrestle-1 show:
    Bobby Roode vs. Masakatsu Funaki

Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto

Magnus vs. Kai for TNA title

Bro Mans vs. Shuji Kondo & Kaz Hayashi for TNA tag titles

Austin Aries vs. Seiya Sanada for X title

That going to be a ONO?

• Advertisement

That going to be a ONO?

Yup. No idea when they'll air it though. Could be as early as May or as late as August (depending what order they want to air the ones they've already taped). It will air live on TV in Japan on March 2nd though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The current card for the TNA/Wrestle-1 show:

Can you give me an appraisal of those W1 wrestlers? Like is that card worth checking out

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can you give me an appraisal of those W1 wrestlers? Like is that card worth checking out

Honestly not all that familiar with W-1 guys myself. Sanada is pretty good but nothing special from what I've seen (and apparently he'll be hanging around in TNA for a while so he might actually win the title). Kaz Hayashi, Minoru and Koji Kanemoto were great in the past but I haven't seen anything from them recently so I don't really know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Impact being all silly:

Another strong showing last night.

I think Gunner would be a good choice for Champion later in the year. Give him a few more months to develop first.

Bad Influence vs Wolves and Gail vs Madison would be great if they had gotten longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Gunner is improving slowly but surely. He's got potential and with the right character development he could be great upper card guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Another strong showing last night.

I think Gunner would be a good choice for Champion later in the year. Give him a few more months to develop first.

Bad Influence vs Wolves and Gail vs Madison would be great if they had gotten longer.

Rugby is on was going to do a skip through it there,But after the first segment i thought nah i will save it for tomorrow. :) It looks good,So people make sure to use your spoilers.

Its going to be a shame when they get back to the impact zone....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

TNA IMO is blowing the wwe out of the water these last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Just started watching again last few weeks credit where it's due their telling of stories is ten fold better than wwe, not all the time brilliant but they are trying. Some in ring works isn't as good as wwe at the moment either as wwe has been great in ring,

Forgot to mention it, but the video packages for Gunner and Magnus were very well done. They had almost no storyline going but made it feel like a big match by using their past to build the difference between the two characters. The smaller roster seems to be a plus when it comes to building individual characters again.
    Just started watching again last few weeks credit where it's due their telling of stories is ten fold better than wwe, not all the time brilliant but they are trying. Some in ring works isn't as good as wwe at the moment either as wwe has been great in ring,

The reason I think that is the case is because WWE have an extra hour (not to mention the other six or seven throughout the week) so can give the matches more time. TNA have to squeeze everything in to two hours so often the matches have to end sooner and as such, dont get to reach their potential.

Just this week alone, Bad Influence vs the Wolves and Gail vs Madison. Both were good matches but would have been great with more time. It happens pretty much at least once a week. Its a shame Xplosion is so half assed.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Still enjoying it again as an alternative,

Good showing again this week.

Roode vs MVP was very good, as was the three way tag. The others were fine for what they were but nothing worth going out of your way to see.

Enjoyed the Beautiful People reunion, but think it would have been great if Angelina Love was around for the save instead of ODB, considering ODB and TBP were rivals the entire time, it made no sense for ODB to save. But then again, Abyss shows that the past can be changed if needed. Worried for Angle at Lockdown. He was limping very noticeably and I doubt it was put on since he said he was good to go.

They did some good editing to cover the tag title situation. Hopefully there is nothing next week that gives it away and ruins the effort this week. Shame
    Doug Williams
    went down so easily. Would have liked a more competitive match but it makes sense if it's only a one time deal. Makes no sense to have both James Storm and
    Austin Aries
    turn heel. They are two of the best babyfaces in the company.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I must have missed some of impact on the site i watched :( so i may watch it again on Challenge tonight . I have a feeling Aries could be a mole on team dixie (kinda like Angle during the Invasion storyline) . Yea sure he has only been face a few months too .

Wonder who will get the last spot on team MVP. Jeff Hardy i wonder?

I must have missed some of impact on the site i watched :( so i may watch it again on Challenge tonight . I have a feeling Aries could be a mole on team dixie (kinda like Angle during the Invasion storyline) . Yea sure he has only been face a few months too .

Wonder who will get the last spot on team MVP. Jeff Hardy i wonder?

The Aries bit was right at the end. Unless it missed the whole main event, I'm not sure how it was missed. I also hope he isnt a mole. He turns a lot as is. Having him turn heel then back to babyface two weeks later is getting into Miz/Big Show territory.

I think Lethal Lockdown could have been 5 vs 5 this year. Roode, Aries, BroMans and Spud (or EC3 and give Angle the time off) vs MVP, Wolves and Bad Influence due to Roode not picking them despite being members of EGO.

The Aries bit was right at the end. Unless it missed the whole main event, I'm not sure how it was missed. I also hope he isnt a mole. He turns a lot as is. Having him turn heel then back to babyface two weeks later is getting into Miz/Big Show territory.

I think Lethal Lockdown could have been 5 vs 5 this year. Roode, Aries, BroMans and Spud (or EC3 and give Angle the time off) vs MVP, Wolves and Bad Influence due to Roode not picking them despite being members of EGO.

Oh i seen Aries thing but i dont remember the 3 way tag or doug williams.

I can see Roode eventually turning face though (not a Lockdown) . Yea was thinking Bad Influence could turn too

• Advertisement

Seems we have a new X-Division Champion. Sanada defeated Aries in the Wrestle-1 show.
    Oh i seen Aries thing but i dont remember the 3 way tag or doug williams.

I can see Roode eventually turning face though (not a Lockdown) . Yea was thinking Bad Influence could turn too

What was the first thing on it? Show opened with Magnus, MVP and Joe as best I can recall.

Seems we have a new X-Division Champion. Sanada defeated Aries in the Wrestle-1 show.

What was the first thing on it? Show opened with Magnus, MVP and Joe as best I can recall.

Things i can recall . Joe/MVP/Magnus in ring , Storm/Gunner in ring , Joe vs Bad news , Womens match , MVP talkin to Aries , Bromans talkin to Bobby , EC3/Angle in ring segment and main event

Things i can recall . Joe/MVP/Magnus in ring , Storm/Gunner in ring , Joe vs Bad news , Womens match , MVP talkin to Aries , Bromans talkin to Bobby , EC3/Angle in ring segment and main event

I'm 99% sure the three way tag was right after the opening segment. No clue what happened there. :confused:

BroMans regained the tag titles aswell. Which of course begs the question of why do the switch in the first place (and if they were going to undo it, why even bother acknowledging it on TV)?

I'm 99% sure the three way tag was right after the opening segment. No clue what happened there. :confused:

Looking back there might be a chance i accidently skipped that part by accident . Sure ill watch challenge tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just watched 3 impacts back to back. First time watching in ages.

Hogan being gone makes it so much better, he's such a drag. Even already sick of him on Raw, brother.

Gunner vs Storm is pretty cool, both bad asses just going at it. Gunner is an absolute Tank, has a great look these days. Spare a thought for poor old Murphy.

MVP is kinda cool as the investor and the Wolves are a beast. Bad Influence are still the bosses though, love those guys. BroMans are gas, douches or what. Zena Ion is a good fit with them.

Is the TV Title inactive now?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is the TV Title inactive now?

It's still listed on TNA's website but it hasn't been seen since last June.
    champs32.jpg

Bad Influence were talking about it not long ago, wondering what Abyss had done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bad Influence were talking about it not long ago, wondering what Abyss had done with it.

That's so them! Would love to see them find it and declare themselves co champions

• Advertisement

When did Eric Young stop being Canadian? On Xplosion this week JB refers to him as a slice of Americana. He's been introduced as from Nashville for a while now but I think that's where he lives which explains that change. Apparently he is now American?

Advertisement