Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liebherr thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

you were not misquoted, l had a look back through your posts and saw those comments last week.

l think you need to clear off listry"babe", its getting old at this stage.

and if your views were not so blinkered you would see how i was misquoted,

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    some facts would certainly be helpful, yes...though i understand employees cannot and will not post internal documents in a forum, i wouldn’t do that either…just seems strange those 11 points have not been posted elsewhere by siptu or liebherr…or have they?[/

no they have not or are not likely to at this time as their are talks ongoing at the moment which have gone well today and are to be continued next thursday,

listrybabe wrote: »
    so you think by picking out a few posts and misquoting me that you think i dont work their :) you ever hear of halls 23,gandis gulag,310,cutting,layout,shotblast, paint,electricians, keelan the chippies , or how about cronin ,hobbert ,doolan , courtney ,gandi,daly,kennedy,ganzer,leary,canteen pat, oh i could go on but.....

their is alot of correct and accurate information here for someone who some of you guys think does not work their ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

and if your views were not so blinkered you would see how i was misquoted,

and your proof?.....

apprentley some of the people protesting are gonna pull out....they fecking better!!!
    siptu lm pretty sure

and these are your only 2 titbits that you bring to the thread and both as innacurate as each other ,,,,.what would you like me to prove

• Advertisement

and these are your only 2 titbits that you bring to the thread and both as innacurate as each other ,,,,.what would you like me to prove

Im actually laughing at your comments.....Do a bit more research listry"babe"....I dont work in liebherr but l know of someone who does....titbits? :pac: lm not even gonna go on....good luck :D

They have factorys in Germany the size of killarney town. Over 30000 employees working there. Moving would not be a big problem as they have the structures already in place there.

Because a few union heads seen a new production shed being built and thought they could get a few quid off liebherr aswell!
    Everyone can pack up there tools and go home.

I hope they have extra staff taken on in the social welfare office in Killarney.
    The SIPTU workers have rejected the deal that was on the table. Now were just waiting for Liebherr to announce if there going to close the Killarney plant.

Well done lads. Ye can be proud of your achievement!
    Almost 700 workers

260 In siptu

160 voted against the deal.

So 160 are on the verge of closing the factory. Not to mention all the sub contractors and suppliers!
    Odds on to close I'd say!

SIPTU and the unions sucking the blood out of the country again!
    They have there mortgages paid they don't give a **** about anyone else!
    The 160 living in a bubble.

But there bubble is going to be burst pretty soon!
    I think there's a few trolls in here going under nerous different alias!

all untrue , you michael999999 are nothing but a ****stirrer of the highest order, telling lie after lie

Im actually laughing at your comments.....Do a bit more research listry"babe"....I dont work in liebherr but l know of someone who does....titbits? :pac: lm not even gonna go on....good luck :D

you know of 'someone that does' and this makes you some sort of expert in the liebherr situation , your having a laugh as you have stated,

you know of 'someone that does' and this makes you some sort of expert in the liebherr situation , your having a laugh as you have stated,

oh no no, Im no expert in the liebherr situation, and yes I do know someone, unlike pretending I work there :D

good night , must get up early to go to work

• Advertisement

good night , must get up early to go to work

Don't work too hard now! sweet dreams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Don't work too hard now! sweet dreams :)

On the 11th December listrybabe posted in the Killarney thread making an enquiry about what was happening in Liebherr and also stating that they don't have any wage. Listrybabe also said that the workers are mad to be picketing.

Now listrybabe is in here claiming to be an employee of Liebherr, without actually saying or doing anything to prove they work there. Have you seen the film Walter Mitty? A guy who lives in a fantasy land. I think listrybabe is using the internet as a place where they can be anyone or anything they want and is full of sh1t. Take your head out of the clouds listrybabe and go troll a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

[...]And maybe Ye drama queens should look into the 11 point plan the company are trying to enforce which would have dire consequences on the workers life's and families.[...]

yes, where can i look into it? a link maybe? i would be interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chessman

They have factorys in Germany the size of killarney town. Over 30000 employees working there. Moving would not be a big problem as they have the structures already in place there.

shag the contractors ,they are what they are,CONTRACTORS,this is about the workforce in situ.

all untrue , you michael999999 are nothing but a ****stirrer of the highest order, telling lie after lie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Problem sorted.

Time to move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

What was the outcome?

ofcork wrote: »
    What was the outcome?

They got the pay rise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Good to see sense prevailing with more jobs being lost today.

ofcork wrote: »
    Good to see sense prevailing with more jobs being lost today.

IMO l do not see the need for the pay rise, l think it was a silly strike that had the possible outcome of so many people losing their jobs and ireland losing one of the best, successful companies in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 666o666

Well bitches. We got what we wanted. No jobs lost and we got 2.5% pay rise backdated 21 months. Only €2200. But better than journalistic hype about closing the Liebherr factory. What a load of media hype that most of you posters fell in to you. . . Shame on you lambs following the media sheep. !!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

666o666 wrote: »
    Well bitches. We got what we wanted. No jobs lost and we got 2.5% pay rise backdated 21 months. Only €2200. But better than journalistic hype about closing the Liebherr factory. What a load of media hype that most of you posters fell in to you. . . Shame on you lambs following the media sheep. !!!!!!!!!!!!.

Never mind you not seeing the bigger picture . What happens next time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I hope this whole thing has not soured the relationship between the owners and the plant for good. The workers have got what they wanted for now, €2200 per man, seems a pretty hollow victory to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

About 1,100 to 1,200 after tax. Less again after Pension contributions.

Is the loss of your sense of job security worth €1,100?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

So someone on 50000 a year gets 2.5% pay rise which equates to 1250 before tax and as you'd be on the higher rate of tax (41% income tax +4%PRSI +7%)USC, it works out at 600 into your hand per annum.

Divide that by 52 weeks is 11 euro weekly. Yes, the union wins........your 11 euro.....which I'd guess is about the cost of your weekly union dues! Victory indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chessman

ongarboy wrote: »
    So someone on 50000 a year gets 2.5% pay rise which equates to 1250 before tax and as you'd be on the higher rate of tax (41% income tax +4%PRSI +7%)USC, it works out at 600 into your hand per annum.

Divide that by 52 weeks is 11 euro weekly. Yes, the union wins........your 11 euro.....which I'd guess is about the cost of your weekly union dues! Victory indeed!

like the Tesco ad says,Every Little Helps,and it will also pay the water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juve39

thanks for all your support @ssholes,must go now ,viewing a house,thank god for my 50k a year and 2.5 % payrise,hahahahahahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

juve39 wrote: »
    thanks for all your support @ssholes,must go now ,viewing a house,thank god for my 50k a year and 2.5 % payrise,hahahahahahahahah

Viewing a house at 1:05am..... sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Viewing a house at 1:05am..... sure

That 11 euro per week is gone straight to their head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

If nothing else this thread shows the mindset of a Liebherr employee, rejoicing over the "victory" of a minuscule pay rise that won't be noticed whilst almost closing a factory. Crazy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

dobman88 wrote: »
    If nothing else this thread shows the mindset of a Liebherr employee, rejoicing over the "victory" of a minuscule pay rise that won't be noticed whilst almost closing a factory. Crazy stuff.

And throwing away decades of goodwill .

Advertisement