Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liebherr thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Crazy move by SIPTU. Even if it is eventually excepted the relations have now been damaged
    Future investment will stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

similar set up near me back in the mid 90's. Company called McCormack Products. Union advised reject proposed pay deal and when the vote was held,, and the pay deal was rejected, there were scenes reminiscent of an election victory count. Anyway, companyclosed down and 300 laid off. A few of the truck drivers bought the lorries they had been driving and soldiered on for a few years, but most never worked again. Factory only came back into use in the last three years when HB ice cream started production.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dsgking

was it mentioned in one of the papers that it was something to do with having set holidays in august for everyone and less overtime, and bonuses?

wait til next week, the teeu (electrician's union) want there members to go on strike all over Ireland, bad timing, could be the nail on the coffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

dsgking wrote: »

wait til next week, the teeu (electrician's union) want there members to go on strike all over Ireland, bad timing, could be the nail on the coffin
    What is the reason for this do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dsgking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

apprentley some of the people protesting are gonna pull out....they fecking better!!!

apprentley some of the people protesting are gonna pull out....they fecking better!!!
    The electricians or Siptu members do you know?

WikiHow wrote: »
    The electricians or Siptu members do you know?

siptu lm pretty sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

If a Union rep is reading these boards I would like to point out that employee rights aren't much use to an employee when they are on the dole. I hope the workers aren't left crying over spilt milk. If media reports are right and this dispute revolves around backdated payrise then this dispute is an embarassment to this country. Explain your grievance to the ten of thousands who for economic necessity have had to leave Ireland in the last 6 years. I imagine they would give there left leg for a position in Liebherr. A company which has been historically a very good employer in Kerry which rules out the whole race to the bottom line Unions often trot out. Please god they stay.

I really hope the Unions have a brilliant explanation for this strike or better still see sense, and call it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

listrybabe wrote: »
    just wondering do any of ye know whats going on at liebherr, is it a case of liebherr being greedy or should the workers be happy to be in employment , what are yere thoughts on this as it is getting a lot of air time on kerry radio . personally i think they should be happy to have a wage (i dont ) but then again i dont know the facts, any opinions?
    50 k basic you cannot be serious,, for welders and fitters etc, i know they do a lot of over time and have bonuses and shift allowance as well, how much you reckon they on when all that is totted up, must be savage total are they mad to be on pickets etc:mad:
    their has been industrial action 3 times i think , its on kerry radio website if you want to look it up
    sounds like a very lky git,
    i really doubt if any factory worker is on 50k basic, but then maybe micheal99999 is correct in saying that, sounds ludicrous if they picketing whilst earning that kind of money

Works there alright yeah :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

keane2097 wrote: »

I think there's a few trolls in here going under nerous different alias!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juve39

To michael999999 and all the other people tell lies on here, when i started with liebherr in 2008 they were selling 12 cranes per year: this year 40+, they have not suffered the recession cause they deal in the global economy,it benifited them cause they have more trades people available which was always a problem,and have been able to justify cost cutting meassures saving in excess of 15% ,what liebherr is doing is very smart they ate running a pr campaign against tha workers of lies and half truths,what you dont hear about is the bullying and harrasment going on inside there and the dangerous and unhealthy working conditions,they signed up to the T16 wage agreement with an added clause which would exempt them from paying if the could plead inability to pay,63 million profit,by the way the corporate tax rate in germany is 35% ---irelands 12.5 %, and there was strikes in they'er german plants last year, try to see through the bull**** instead of indorseing it,companies all over ireland are trying to drive workers rights into the ground for they'er own selfish gains,we're standing up for our rights ,no more no less.PS michael999999 dont spend all your life on line talking **** about people you dont know, and you and your buddys should stop ganging up on listrybabe just cause she has a different opinion to you , you make yourself look like a bigger arsehole picking on a girl, god bless

Some people need to give up drinking during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

juve39 wrote: »
    To michael999999 and all the other people tell lies on here, when i started with liebherr in 2008 they were selling 12 cranes per year: this year 40+, they have not suffered the recession cause they deal in the global economy,it benifited them cause they have more trades people available which was always a problem,and have been able to justify cost cutting meassures saving in excess of 15% ,what liebherr is doing is very smart they ate running a pr campaign against tha workers of lies and half truths,what you dont hear about is the bullying and harrasment going on inside there and the dangerous and unhealthy working conditions,they signed up to the T16 wage agreement with an added clause which would exempt them from paying if the could plead inability to pay,63 million profit,by the way the corporate tax rate in germany is 35% ---irelands 12.5 %, and there was strikes in they'er german plants last year, try to see through the bull**** instead of indorseing it,companies all over ireland are trying to drive workers rights into the ground for they'er own selfish gains,we're standing up for our rights ,no more no less.PS michael999999 dont spend all your life on line talking **** about people you dont know, and you and your buddys should stop ganging up on listrybabe just cause she has a different opinion to you , you make yourself look like a bigger arsehole picking on a girl, god bless

Can you give us some info on this 11 point plan please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

To michael999999 and all the other people tell lies on here, when i started with liebherr in 2008 they were selling 12 cranes per year: this year 40+, they have not suffered the recession cause they deal in the global economy,it benifited them cause they have more trades people available which was always a problem,and have been able to justify cost cutting meassures saving in excess of 15% ,what liebherr is doing is very smart they ate running a pr campaign against tha workers of lies and half truths,what you dont hear about is the bullying and harrasment going on inside there and the dangerous and unhealthy working conditions,they signed up to the T16 wage agreement with an added clause which would exempt them from paying if the could plead inability to pay,63 million profit,by the way the corporate tax rate in germany is 35% ---irelands 12.5 %, and there was strikes in they'er german plants last year, try to see through the bull**** instead of indorseing it,companies all over ireland are trying to drive workers rights into the ground for they'er own selfish gains,we're standing up for our rights ,no more no less.[...]

do liebherr employees get toilet breaks? and i heard they employ children in some underground cave workshop without heating or ventilation…i just wasn’t aware at all of how bad things really are at liebherr…i only know some of their german factories and many german liebherr employees and all seems grand there somehow…i was told in germany they even get toilet breaks…seems they all lied to me…maybe that company should be expelled from ireland or just have the decency and good sense to close shop and leave…

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    do liebherr employees get toilet breaks?
    I hear they use these :rolleyes:

http://www.stadiumpal.com/

WikiHow wrote: »
    I hear they use these :rolleyes:

http://www.stadiumpal.com/

ah yes, typical for that sinister sort of exploitation going on at liebherr…and i assume workers have to buy their own stadium pal kits…:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

It's Always good to hear the other side of the arguement,but in my opinion,listry babe did not do a great job of conveying the grievances of the workers.This dispute is something I would like to know more about.What are the aims of those who want to strike? Is the Company acting unfairly or unlawfully? Thanks in advance juve

crockholm wrote: »
    It's Always good to hear the other side of the arguement,but in my opinion,listry babe did not do a great job of conveying the grievances of the workers.This dispute is something I would like to know more about.What are the aims of those who want to strike? Is the Company acting unfairly or unlawfully? Thanks in advance juve

absolutely correct...but with the almost complete lack of detail the whole thing so far comes across to me more like ideologically heated prefab leftist union talk...have to say i really find it hard to believe things at the irish liebherr plant are all that bad, not least compared to other companies around here and all...but correct me if i’m wrong, anyone...
    and what does the corporate tax rate have to do with it all? if that was the only factor for german companies to set up shop in ireland, they would all be here...so just why aren’t they? make no mistake about it, liebherr does not need a factory in ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

absolutely correct...but with the almost complete lack of detail the whole thing so far comes across to me more like ideologically heated prefab leftist union talk...have to say i really find it hard to believe things at the irish liebherr plant are all that bad, not least compared to other companies around here and all...but correct me if i’m wrong, anyone...
    and what does the corporate tax rate have to do with it all? if that was the only factor for german companies to set up shop in ireland, they would all be here...so just why aren’t they? make no mistake about it, liebherr does not need a factory in ireland...

And they were here long long before corporate tax breaks and grant aid on the scale it is today.

• Advertisement

marienbad wrote: »
    And they were here long long before corporate tax breaks and grant aid on the scale it is today.

yes, that too...good point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

To michael999999 and all the other people tell lies on here, when i started with liebherr in 2008 they were selling 12 cranes per year: this year 40+, they have not suffered the recession cause they deal in the global economy
    Good job of sales team, nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

keane2097 wrote: »
    so you think by picking out a few posts and misquoting me that you think i dont work their :) you ever hear of halls 23,gandis gulag,310,cutting,layout,shotblast, paint,electricians, keelan the chippies , or how about cronin ,hobbert ,doolan , courtney ,gandi,daly,kennedy,ganzer,leary,canteen pat, oh i could go on but.....
    I think there's a few trolls in here going under nerous different alias!
    gave up giving a fcuk what you think because from the word go you have not reported one thing that is or was true,

Good job of sales team, nothing else

well made products by fully trained personnel make their job a lot easier i would think

do liebherr employees get toilet breaks? and i heard they employ children in some underground cave workshop without heating or ventilation…i just wasn’t aware at all of how bad things really are at liebherr.

really helpful

11 point plan or go troll somewhere else listrybabe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

well made products by fully trained personnel make their job a lot easier i would think
    Not much, work of engineering and quality control teams will be more important

so you think by picking out a few posts and misquoting me that you think i dont work their :) you ever hear of halls 23,gandis gulag,310,cutting,layout,shotblast, paint,electricians, keelan the chippies , or how about cronin ,hobbert ,doolan , courtney ,gandi,daly,kennedy,ganzer,leary,canteen pat, oh i could go on but.....

gave up giving a fcuk what you think because from the word go you have not reported one thing that is or was true,

you were not misquoted, l had a look back through your posts and saw those comments last week.

l think you need to clear off listry"babe", its getting old at this stage.

When I finish work ( at liebherr ) I will.
    What I will say is that their is at this moment or in the foreseeable future not a chance of this company closing or indeed outsourcing work to Germany or anywhere else. And maybe Ye drama queens should look into the 11 point plan the company are trying to enforce which would have dire consequences on the workers life's and families. And would also cost a lot more to the workers than the 2.5% ( 38cent per hour) being offered in conjunction with the 11 point plan being implemented.

Come on then. Where's this 11 point plan?

Just admit you don't work there!

• Advertisement

really helpful

some facts would certainly be helpful, yes...though i understand employees cannot and will not post internal documents in a forum, i wouldn’t do that either…just seems strange those 11 points have not been posted elsewhere by siptu or liebherr…or have they?

Advertisement