Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Korvanica wrote: »
    I was just running around north of Komarovo in my underwear just there because i was almost dead. Just as I went unconscious I hear what I think is one of your voices. Telling the others (prob through TS, where you are).

haha that was me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Two hours of play time down the drain, found an army base and got loads of awesome stuff, then just killed while filling up my water bottle.

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anyone want to play? deaf_vision is my steam name. I try to play friendly or take people hostage.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Guys feel free to use our Gaellords teamspeak if you want to team up together. You can create your own private channels too :)

TS: 78.46.47.195 or Gaellords.com

My goal for the day is to get myself a Mosin with a sniper scope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ktulu123 wrote: »
    haha that was me :P

Knew I recognized the voice ! Pity you didn't see me, although i doubt there was much you could have done for me. May join the TS sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

People have been saying they haven't found many zombies, maybe I'm unlucky but I just got chased by a horde of about 20-30. Never even used a gun, attracted them by moving around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I only played for about an hour but I'v only seen 4 zombies so far, in Cherno as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Decided to run from the coast to the north west airfield. Went a bit off course and ended up at green mountain. Found a dead body that had everything and got fully geared up. Zelenogorsk is massive now. I like the small military compound just south of the NWA, it will definitely be a hot spot once people manage to get north, same with the military base at the northern end of the airfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Do you respawn in the same place every time? I seem to be near the same small town and electric plant

My first spawn in the SA was in Novy. Usually spawn in Balota or Kamenka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

My first spawn was the worst in the game; Krutoy Cap! Was hoping there'd be something new there but nope nothing at all. Spent my first 5 minutes running to Three Valleys and fist fought a guy as I posted a page or two back. The military base above Kamenka is going to be the new fresh spawn killing area like Sniper Tower in Cherno and Sniper Hill in Elektro. I hope they tweak the spawns because getting the best gear from looting a few barracks for 10 minutes after you spawned would not be fun, and I know there's only a few items to get but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is there an in-game map?

Sorry I'm obviously a complete noob to arma and dayz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Grimebox wrote: »
    Is there an in-game map?

Havent played the stand alone yet but in the mod you have to find a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is there an in-game map?

Havent played standalone yet but if its anything like the mod you need to collect one. Although theres plenty of ones out there you can find online

Is there an in-game map?

You'll need to find maps in game. Or just go online for a map

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#5.062.129

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone else get stuck on the 'wait for host' screen. Iv tried various servers now but getting the same every time. I can see the chat in the bottom left but that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Seen something on Reddit about Steam Authentication being down

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone else get stuck on the 'wait for host' screen. Iv tried various servers now but getting the same every time. I can see the chat in the bottom left but that's it

Not just me so..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DeSelby83 wrote: »

May wanna follow these on twitter

@dayzdevteam

@rocket2guns Dean Hall

Game is back up now. Anyone have any info on how to deal with getting sick, ate some rotten fruit and just seem to be getting worse.

• Advertisement

Game is back up now. Anyone have any info on how to deal with getting sick, ate some rotten fruit and just seem to be getting worse.

Think you need charcoal tablets for food poisoning. Antibiotics might help too.
    Edit: I wouldn't worry about it, all characters have been wiped from the database http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155358-security-vulnerabilities-fixed-by-patch-2-and-character-wipe/

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

What a ridiculously adverse setup for a game. Just like I'd hoped!
    Like what I see so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd absolutely love to be playing this, but will have to wait till around March till i have a pc again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

What do you do when you're geared up to the teeth?

Kill people?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Holsten wrote: »

Kill people?

Yup.... then you go over and say something insulting to their corpse as you loot it. Some people seem to forget this is still a multiplayer deathmatch :)

Holsten wrote: »

Kill people?

Yup.... then you go over and say something insulting to their corpse as you loot it. Some people seem to forget this is still a multiplayer deathmatch :)

Just finished four hour long session, ugh this game steals time like nothing else, still haven't even gotten an bullets :P So if you see me I would appreciate some empathy. Although that's a long shot in this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just finished four hour long session, ugh this game steals time like nothing else, still haven't even gotten an bullets :P So if you see me I would appreciate some empathy. Although that's a long shot in this :pac:

My initial Dayz experience was something like...

Walking along, bang dead...

Walking along see someone ahead aiming a gun, bang dead.

Walking along, meet someone, he drops a gun, tells me it's for me. I pick it up and he starts screaming DON'T AIM THAT AT ME and then kills me with a hatchet after which he plays Seinfield tune over my body.....

In short, unless you're playing with mates shoot first, take all the nice lootz and apologise last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Squaredude wrote: »
    Think you need charcoal tablets for food poisoning. Antibiotics might help too.
    Edit: I wouldn't worry about it, all characters have been wiped from the database http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155358-security-vulnerabilities-fixed-by-patch-2-and-character-wipe/

..and I'd just found a can opener.

It's not shoot on sight any more lads, well if you plan on looting the dead guy it's not. If you shoot a guy you actually damage & ruin all of his gear making it unusable for you. You are now better off robbing people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

You could kill people or do this:

Funniest video I've seen so far on Standalone.

Advertisement