Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Haven't given this a go yet but how big are the servers? (How many player slots?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Haven't given this a go yet but how big are the servers? (How many player slots?)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

My first fist fight and kill :D
    1st kill.JPG

I got punched to death after that though :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I watched some of JP and Destiny streaming it last night and it looked good, but I've got so many other things to play atm, I'm happy enough to wait for a more complete product. It is looking like a lot of fun though, so it's definitely on my watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You sound like a man informed on PC FPS games...yet you're asking about DayZ ?...I'm actually shocked.
    I think more sales for ARMA were probably due to DAYZ than the game itself, definitely the past year anyways.

Also, the thread you see just above this...with 1,600 posts...that's thread number 2...the previous hit nearly 10k , so another was made. Should tell you how popular it is on here.

It's the zombies, man. I'm tired of zombies. At least they didn't make a sparkly vampire mod. But I've been reading up on it and watching Youtube videos, and DayZ looks good indeed. A bit nerve-wracking, but so is ARMA.

• Advertisement

Found a lovely barracks area just above Kamenka! about 5 barracks and all were unlooted on a 50 man server. Got myself an M4 with 25 bullets and a CCO sight, some 35 slot bag, assault vest and aviators. Look badass now! Really making places better to spawn now.

VanNNdC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Never bought arma so might download this for a laugh.

So much to play now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Had some good craic there. A guy tried to rob me & I distracted him while flyingirish came up behind & axed him :P We then proceeded to rob other guys in Balota. Pretty sure i'm gonna die soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

88,000 people couldnt read the DO NOT BUY part and bought it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Also couldnt find a can opener. Are they the hot new item???

• Advertisement

Anyone know what to take when you feel sick? Have no clue after eating a rotten orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

TheFairy wrote: »

Thanks, but I'm passed out now for god knows how long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

simon360 wrote: »
    Thanks, but I'm passed out now for god knows how long :(

Permanently. Just respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd love if they made this for consoles especially the next gen , Can't afford a proper computer :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'd love if they made this for consoles especially the next gen , Can't afford a proper computer :(

Head over to the PC building forum you would be surprised how cheap you can build a gaming pc for nowadays.

Personally i love DAYZ, i stopped playing when too many mods of a mod came out,it just got silly and fragmented the community.
    I always planned to wait for this to be released but ive got far too many games to even consider it right now but i will pick it up at some stage for sure.

/thread followed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

good luck getting into any of the uk servers they are all full now :(

I am kind of having great time, its very reminiscent of when the mod first launched cause there are no day "24 hour" servers or global chat servers etc. Its all standard scary dayZ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

How come I can hear people talking?

And can you chat to people globally?

I was playing earlier on and same thing as last night for me, no loot, no zombies, no players, just darkness and death due to starvation.. ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

The 24 hour day/night cycle is an insane decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

"You are dead"

That's all the notification you get if you die? Hardcore game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

I have a bit of time off over xmas to give this a good ol' go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Can't say I'm enjoying this so far. I just wander aimlessly from house to house collecting whatever I can. Nothing but wrenches found. I saw one other person and they killed me instantly.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Can't say I'm enjoying this so far. I just wander aimlessly from house to house collecting whatever I can. Nothing but wrenches found. I saw one other person and they killed me instantly.

I've been just scrounging stuff around Zelenogorsk with my M4, I shoot only if I see people with an assault rifle, not with a Melee weapon as it gives the impression that they are just looking around and new. Went up to North West with a few mates but found nothing good really but bullets that some guy shot at us with. The notifications are getting on my nerves, I heard its bugged as you instantly get thirsty after quenching your thirst.. Anooying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Footage from our first night playing, we journey from Cherno to Zelenogorsk:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Doing so well in this, got a lot of stuff from the tents at balota and then at the army base above kamenka. Had an m4 with CQB stock, 2 or 3 sights, 5 mags etc and I was eating and drinking the whole way up north, got to zelenogorsk and just as im about to log off im unconscious for good, apart from that I absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I was just running around north of Komarovo in my underwear just there because i was almost dead. Just as I went unconscious I hear what I think is one of your voices. Telling the others (prob through TS, where you are).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Grimebox wrote: »
    The 24 hour day/night cycle is an insane decision.

It was that way when the mod first came out and eveyone found it annoying aswelll but then every server was in the day and no one played at night except a minority.

I still remember waiting 40 minutes easy to load in when it first came out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Night time originally was absolute darkness, and there were only flares to guide you (iirc). I remember being stuck on top of the clock tower in Cherno with a few others, lobbing flares down at people we saw to try and get zombies to attack them. Good times.

If there are flashlights now, i'd say night time would be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dean Hall ‏@rocket2guns 45m
    Closed test of DayZ 113772 was successful, published to experimental branch for further testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Anyone fancy going looting tomorrow? I have just spawned between Electro and Cherno. Spent twenty minutes in the dark and decided to leave it for tonight. Just getting to grips with SA so just a wander around see what we can find?

Advertisement