Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

MrGee wrote: »
    I take it ure stateside???

Ive to fly over to see hockey. Saw Bruins and leafs last april. Januarys prob gonna be my annual visit.

Yeah in Vancouver, thinking of Tampa and islanders games when they visit, two favourite teams in the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MrGee

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Yeah in Vancouver, thinking of Tampa and islanders games when they visit, two favourite teams in the league!

Good stuff, ill say lucky you to you!! Expensive to get to games from ireland. Im combining my love of hockey with my love of craft beer to justify the trip, great mixture!! My christmas prezzie to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Im flying to Boston on new years day. Working through christmas so ill have new years off. Have u been to a live game before?

Ya a few years back. Rangers against pens. Just before sidney got hurt. Even have boyle on my rangers jersey. Cause I'm a boyle myself.

I have the barclays centre in brooklyn for next time. Not far from kne of my cousins house. About 20 blocks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

This is contact sport. This stuff will happen.

What Thornton did has nothing to do with "contact sport".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Finalizing my travel to NY and Houston for next April. I will make the last three Rangers games (Sens, Canes & Sabres) of the regular season. We could be right in the midst of a scrap for a post season spot, judging by current form.
    cena wrote: »
    Just watching the game now thanks to this one euro offer for the month.

Make sure you cancel that before the end of the month, or you will end up having to pay full whack for January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I would love to see the jets play.

Saw the Jets play in Chicago at the start of the 2011 season. Was their first away game and was pretty special with all the ex Hawks back in the united centre.

Think we could be in big trouble if Crawford is out for a long time. Been very impressed with Raanta so far but don't know how confident id be going with himid for a long period. Crawford's definitely out for tomorrows game in Dallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I never thought i'd be posting in this forum but I was over in Boston last weekend with work and we were treated to a night out at the Bruins versus Penguins game on Saturday night.
    It was unreal-I'm not a huge sports fan but the atmosphere was brilliant ( I had my foam finger waving all night!) and enjoyed the game more than I thought and the time flew considering it was nearly 3 hours -great finish then from the Bruins and the place irrupted! My dad even got to watch the game at home!

Hi saggycaggy,

Welcome to the hockey forum.

Much as it pains me to admit it, as a NY Rangers fan, you chose a superb game to go to in the Bruins v Penguins. Two top teams, with some special hockey players. The Bruins fans are top class and TD Garden is a proper hockey venue.

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I never thought i'd be posting in this forum but I was over in Boston last weekend with work and we were treated to a night out at the Bruins versus Penguins game on Saturday night.
    It was unreal-I'm not a huge sports fan but the atmosphere was brilliant ( I had my foam finger waving all night!) and enjoyed the game more than I thought and the time flew considering it was nearly 3 hours -great finish then from the Bruins and the place irrupted! My dad even got to watch the game at home!

Theres always a great atmosphere in the TD garden, great crowd that loves there team. Il be headin there for 2 games at the turn of the new year , i cant wait for my dose of live hockey!!, thats kinda how i gotta into hockey and started following the bruins, did what u did and had a great time. Now im follow the nhl as much as i do the English premier league.

Anyone watching CBJ @ NYR tonight? Jackets 1-0 up early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Just home and switched it on now. Rangers lacking a little bit of spark at times this season it seems. Admittedly I haven't seen much of them, but any time I have, seem to be missing some leadership at times.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Another really poor performance last night and deserved loss. This team just cannot get a consistent run of games going. All the big guns are on the ice too. As I said at the time, sacking Torts was the wrong move.

Hawks sign Jason LaBarbera from Edmonton. To me this could mean Crawford's injury is much worse than first thought. There's no way Kent Simpson gets any starts and Raanta has more than earned the back up role. Reckon Khabi is done for the season too, thank Christ.too Should be a fun game tonight. They way they disposed of the Stars and Flyers this week is crazy.

So Thornton got 15 games, after the 3 already serve, leaves him with 12 to sit out. Looking forward to seeing him back on the ice, clean record up until now, so hopefully it doesn't hit him too hard.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Hawks sign Jason LaBarbera from Edmonton. To me this could mean Crawford's injury is much worse than first thought. There's no way Kent Simpson gets any starts and Raanta has more than earned the back up role. Reckon Khabi is done for the season too, thank Christ.too Should be a fun game tonight. They way they disposed of the Stars and Flyers this week is crazy.

Well it's a funny old game! I woke this morning to watch highlights expecting another Leafs loss and wow...! :eek:

Btw: www.dtmts.com shows NHL game highlights without the score visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

mod9maple wrote: »
    www.dtmts.com shows NHL game hig hlights without the score visible.

Never heard of this site before, thanks for the heads up. Bookmarked.

sketchpad wrote: »
    Never heard of this site before, thanks for the heads up. Bookmarked.

I've been using it for a while. Your enjoyment of the highlights aren't ruined by already knowing the score. No spoilers in other words. I get up in the morning after a game and it's the first site I visit. It's pretty cool.

Well it's a funny old game! I woke this morning to watch highlights expecting another Leafs loss and wow...! :eek:

Btw: www.dtmts.com shows NHL game highlights without the score visible.

Shocked to say the least about the result. You get nights like that though over an 82 game season.

Freak result alright and they do happen over the course of the regular season. What I would give for a win, let alone a win like that. Rangers going for 5L's in a row against the Flames. Shipped 4 goals in each of those games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

What happened at the end of the pens/ red wings. The whole area looked empty.

Poor malkin had a serious bang against the boards.

• Advertisement

What happened at the end of the pens/ red wings. The whole area looked empty.

Poor malkin had a serious bang against the boards.

He's out of the line-up tonite I'm told.

He's out of the line-up tonite I'm told.

He'll be out until after Christmas by the sounds of it. Letang, Scuderi, Orpik and Glass also.

So Thornton got 15 games, after the 3 already serve, leaves him with 12 to sit out. Looking forward to seeing him back on the ice, clean record up until now, so hopefully it doesn't hit him too hard.

Word is that he is appealing the suspension. Pathetic.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/12/17/bruins-shawn-thornton-will-appeal-his-game-suspension/ErFYJBcIZwBOgxJ7CPInKJ/story.html

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Yeah but come on, he's soooo sorry! <sniff> :rolleyes:

I hope they increase it to 20 at least, might teach him a lesson.

No Bruins fans in the house. 15 games is fair. Il go with the leagues judgement rather then a few opposition teams supporters on this one.

No Bruins fans in the house. 15 games is fair. Il go with the leagues judgement rather then a few opposition teams supporters on this one.

If he played for the Leafs I'd still want him pegged out of the league, and in a court of law for wilful assault. Don't pull that card with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I don't support anyone, and I think it's kinda cheeky to appeal a kinda okay ban! He only has 11 left, it's nothing really!

It was a bad attack, and orpik was left defenseless!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    I don't support anyone, and I think it's kinda cheeky to appeal a kinda okay ban! He only has 11 left, it's nothing really!

It was a bad attack, and orpik was left defenseless!

Theres nobody disputing this, the league decided 15 games and that is right in there opinion, i happen to agree with them. He deserves his ban. Justice was served and no i dont think he should appeal.

I'm a Bruins fan, and if you go back a few pages, you will see I said he should get 15 games. He is entitled to appeal, so the process should be let run it's course, if he succeeds, so be it, if not, then the ban stands.

But to be honest Mr Joe, you have been very vocal about Thorntons incident. But when it comes to James Neal putting his knee into Brad Marchands head, you're declining comment. If you gonna put labels on dirty play, be universal and dont just pick your spots.

We'll leave that kind of stuff to Brooks Orpik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Brooks picking his spots? .. just because he didn't want to fight Thorton? As far as I am aware Brooks probably fights less than Marchand.

I personally thought Neal and Thornton could have got a little more.

My other half is a Bruins fan, it makes watching Bruins v Pens quite 'interesting', I've stormed off in a stroop when it was our turn to listen to the Bruins commentry :p

Advertisement