Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

brian_t wrote: »
    You made a boo-boo with your link ?

Cheers for that.

Fixed.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Hi all I'd be gratefull if anyone could identify this movie I saw I saw on the telly when I was very young.I already posted on All things Retro so all the details are here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057088637

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hi all I'd be gratefull if anyone could identify this movie I saw I saw on the telly when I was very young.I already posted on All things Retro so all the details are here.

Can you roughly let us know when you saw it and on what channel?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

can anyone place this film or tv program, I've very little to go on. Bloke goes to visit a family, maybe old girlfriend, her sister is blind and her sister is looking after her. Their father is alive, but their mother isn't around.They have dinner and I think he stays overnight in a guest room, he talks to the blind sister, saying his old girlfriend has changed, and her sister says its because she's her minder now their mother is dead. Anyway there's an explosion or something and the bloke has to go help, oh and it's Victorian or Edwardian set. I thought it was one of the Sherlock Holmes but I can't place it? Anyone?..it's probably something really obvious, just been doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tristanik

I can't for the life of me remember this movie title. It was a western movie and it was a scavenger hunt of sorts. All I remember is that they had to get an eagle feather, a conductor's hat and a menu from Delmonico's. Any ideas? Thanks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

Tristanik wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me remember this movie title. It was a western movie and it was a scavenger hunt of sorts. All I remember is that they had to get an eagle feather, a conductor's hat and a menu from Delmonico's. Any ideas? Thanks :-)

Incredible Rocky Mountain Race (1977)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076192/

http://translate.google.ie/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wild-wild-north.com%2Fincredible-rocky-mountain-race

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Can you roughly let us know when you saw it and on what channel?
    On RTE(not sure if one or two) and it was well over 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 calcal1000

i am looking for the name of a movie where a young kris kringle's parents and sister fall and through the ice and die. he is passed around(adopted) by a different family in the town every year. he ends up working for a guy that is a woodcarver. kris carves toys in his spare time and secrectly drops the off every year on the anniversary of his parents death

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calcal1000 wrote: »
    i am looking for the name of a movie where a young kris kringle's parents and sister fall and through the ice and die. he is passed around(adopted) by a different family in the town every year. he ends up working for a guy that is a woodcarver. kris carves toys in his spare time and secrectly drops the off every year on the anniversary of his parents death

Sounds like Christmas Story?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Story-DVD-Hannu-Pekka-Bjorkman/dp/B002IEVLCM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Watching the Tree of Life made me think of a film which had a woman whose partner dies and she brings up their daughter telling stories about how great her deceased father was. Their relationship is difficult. In a moment of frustration the daughter says to the mother "I'm tired of hearing about this wonderful father I never had".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

..Also another with even less detail. UK movie, dark, slow, set in the country side. All I can really remember is a dark, dreary house set out in the moors or something. Not the Werewolf film. Can only really remember dark scenes of the house, exterior. Maybe a tree in the background up on a hill.

So long ago, if only I saw this thread years ago I might remember a little more. :o

I think that I might have finally found the movie that I was looking for, but I'm still not sure! Unless anyone cna thing of a similar British movie, with simialar secenes, e.g. dark, long shots of lone house, then I think this is the one!

Paperhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Its along shot and goes against some of the info you provided but could it be La Bamba? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Bamba_(film)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

I always had this anime cartoon in my head, might of been a series but pretty sure a movie. All I remember is that there was a dog with a horn in his head and a young kid like the pokemon kid.

Not much to go on but someone might know it.

I always had this anime cartoon in my head, might of been a series but pretty sure a movie. All I remember is that there was a dog with a horn in his head and a young kid like the pokemon kid.

Not much to go on but someone might know it.

sports billy

Its along shot and goes against some of the info you provided but could it be La Bamba? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Bamba_(film)
    No deffo not.I've seen La Bamba and it would have been made a good 10 years after the movie I'm talking about.

Edit:I think it may have been a made for tv movie,the more I think about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

sports billy

But who was dog with horn in his head?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sports billy

Oh my god, flashbacks.

But who was dog with horn in his head?

Well there was a dog in this but I could not remember if it had powers or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GuyLeMan

I have a real butt scratcher here. Excuse me for the vagueness.

Horror Movie 1985-2000?, Remote location like a cabin open terrain, when cars turn off they cannot be restarted, demons or zombies, there is some sort of devil, he appears later in the film as some sort of possessed or infected of the original cast and one of the survivors asks god or some good power for help, he gets super powers and a giant head, good and evil fight.

I cannot for the life of me find this on the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

GuyLeMan wrote: »

Horror Movie 1985-2000?, Remote location like a cabin open terrain, when cars turn off they cannot be restarted, demons or zombies, there is some sort of devil, he appears later in the film as some sort of possessed or infected of the original cast and one of the survivors asks god or some good power for help, he gets super powers and a giant head, good and evil fight.

The Evil Dead immediately sprang to my mind... but I can't imagine you'd have much trouble finding something like that on the web...

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GuyLeMan View Post

The Evil Dead immediately sprang to my mind... but I can't imagine you'd have much trouble finding something like that on the web...

The evil deads were great, and there are some parrellels but this was definitely not one.

This movie is not comedic, despite that big headed weirdness as the end.
    I watched it one i was younger on one of those up all night shows.

While at a remote location it was not very wooded from what I remember, more like a new zealand or austiallian terrain. Fairly open terrain.

I remember it in english but it may have been dubbed in english.

I remember one part of the movie the group arrived at different times and as the last car arrived they screamed at him not to shut off his car (as the cars would not start again, all electronics were dead and they were very far away from civilization).

They were assaulted by demons/evil during the night and one of the members survived (this part is alittle fuzzy) until a devil like character in possession/infected one of the previous dead characters comes to get him, he asks for the power of god to stop him and then things get weird. He gets a megasized head and they fight.

I remember it was a good b movie but damn it if its hidden in some black hole.

I remember this film but I'm fúcked if I can find it again and I really wanted to watch it. It's supposed to be one of the best war films going.

Few facts I remember:

-It's a Russian/Soviet made film (possibly produced in one of the former states of the USSR)

-It was produced in the mid-1980's, as far as I can remember.

-It's based during the Nazi occupation of Russian territory during World War II

-It centres around a young boy (or possibly a teenage boy) who is struggling to survive. Possibly has a sister or brother whom he is trying to survive with.

-Central character befriends a partisan resistance fighter who is then killed.

-There is a massacre of Nazi troops by Russian people in it somewhere.

I've been searching for ages but cannot think of the film's name nor can I seem to find it. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

DazMarz wrote: »
    I remember this film but I'm fúcked if I can find it again and I really wanted to watch it. It's supposed to be one of the best war films going.

Few facts I remember:

-It's a Russian/Soviet made film (possibly produced in one of the former states of the USSR)

-It was produced in the mid-1980's, as far as I can remember.

-It's based during the Nazi occupation of Russian territory during World War II

-It centres around a young boy (or possibly a teenage boy) who is struggling to survive. Possibly has a sister or brother whom he is trying to survive with.

-Central character befriends a partisan resistance fighter who is then killed.

-There is a massacre of Nazi troops by Russian people in it somewhere.

I've been searching for ages but cannot think of the film's name nor can I seem to find it. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Come and See?

Come and See?

Was not expecting such a rapid reply...

And bingo. Thanks a million. That's it exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

This one has been driving me nuts for years! I'm looking for the name of a scary film that might have been for kids (it was on RTE and the like during the day) in the late 80s/early 90s. Bits I can remember are as follows:-

1. The main characters were ghosts/zombies or something similar. They looked human but I don't think they ever spoke. The main one was a kid around 9 or 10 with black bobbed hair (and a fringe I think) who used to look menacingly at the camera for what seemed like forever. There were lots of stills with the kid just staring at the camera (there may have been menacing music, or I may be losing my mind). They all looked a bit dishevelled but definitely humanlike.

2. Glowsticks! Weirdly glowsticks played a huge part in this as the zombie-esque people used to retreat to a dark cave (I think they lived in it) and towards the end of the film there was a shot of them marching en masse into the cave with their glowsticks.

I can't remember anything else about it beyond the kid with the bad haircut, the glowsticks and the cave. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Worztron wrote: »
    French film. Possibly from the 1980s/early-1990s. At the end a guy rescues someone (woman?) in a car junk yard.

I thought I'd give it another try. Has anyone heard of this one?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I need help finding this movie. My memory is a bit fuzzy so I've probably mis-remembered some of the details. Anyway, it's about this guy that works in advertising. He has some sort of breakdown and becomes disillusioned with his profession. So he deliberately comes up with these ads that are damaging to the products. Stuff like "this car is a piece of crap, but the ladies love it." But this style of advertising takes off and he inadvertently becomes very successful. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I need help finding this movie. My memory is a bit fuzzy so I've probably mis-remembered some of the details. Anyway, it's about this guy that works in advertising. He has some sort of breakdown and becomes disillusioned with his profession. So he deliberately comes up with these ads that are damaging to the products. Stuff like "this car is a piece of crap, but the ladies love it." But this style of advertising takes off and he inadvertently becomes very successful. Any ideas?

Crazy People

All I can remember from that film is the slogan:

Volvos. They're boxy but they're safe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Crazy People

All I can remember from that film is the slogan:

Volvos. They're boxy but they're safe

Dudley Moore! I never would have guessed. Cheers for that.

Advertisement