Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tindie wrote: »
    I saw A scene from a movie, I don't know how old I was but I woke from the sofa, all I remember was once scene!

The man was in A hospital bed and he was talking to shoulder, which seemed to have I am not sure if was one eye or two eyes and it also had mouth.

I assumed it was Evil Dead 3 as I got older but I seen that 100 times now, I know it's not that.

How to get a head in advertising? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097531/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How to get a head in advertising? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097531/

Awesome, that it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A French film, maybe 10 years old, no famous actors ( at least not then) set on the outskirts of Paris, possibly in the 19th arondissment, (dodgy spelling) in a run down tower block estate, mostly people of North African descent. Teen gangs and all that.

NOT La Haine.

Thanks

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A French film, maybe 10 years old, no famous actors ( at least not then) set on the outskirts of Paris, possibly in the 19th arondissment, (dodgy spelling) in a run down tower block estate, mostly people of North African descent. Teen gangs and all that.

NOT La Haine.

Thanks

Any chance it is "District 13"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sandiswan

I saw a movie over 10 years ago, low budget, no big name actors or actresses at the time. I've been searching for the name for about 5 years and hope someone out there knows it.

The movie starts off with a flashback to the the female protagonist's childhood on a farm. She was running through the fields and playing with an "imaginary friend"; when she returns home she finds her parent both dead of gunshot wounds, when the shooter turns the gun on her something happened and the shooter end up killing himself.

Flash forward probably 10 years and she's attending college and on a bunch of anti-psychotics to suppress her "imaginary friend" when a young woman from her childhood comes to live with her. She begins going off her pills and on several occasions begins displaying signs of telekinesis (ei. she blows up a brain scan device in the lab when she gets angry or when she shatters the window of a classmate/ sheriff's son) though she is befriended by the young man who had done the brain scan.

Can't remember everything but it progresses to the point that she realizes her friend is actually her "imaginary friend" from her childhood, the friend causes a car crash which kills the sheriff's son and she realizes that the friend is actually evil and trying to get her to commit murder to release the devil into the world. I think it ends in her killing either herself or her boyfriend (I know, not the happiest of endings).

Anyway, I know it's a bit of a specialized taste horror movie but I'm hoping someone out there can help me out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭biketard

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might recognise this film and help me identify it. It's a film I saw in (I think) the early 80s and it really stuck in my mind, especially the ending. I've tried many different keywords on Google, as well as several other sites, with no luck.

Here's what i can remember:

I’m sure it’s from mid 70s to mid 80s. It’s about a guy that was shot in the head and left on a pile of bodies (they may have also shot his wife/family). I *think* he was shot by Nazis, but possibly it was some other nasty fellows, possibly from eastern Europe or close-by. The guy somehow survives and years later tracks down the baddies one by one. He’s previously been told by a doctor that they couldn’t remove the bullet from his head and that if he ever over-exerts himself he could die suddenly.

The movie ends with a slow motion shot of him running towards the camera, away from where he has just killed the last of the baddies. He has a smile on his face, as he no longer cares if he dies.

Thanks for any and all help.

Afraid not, but thanks anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Baze

sandiswan wrote: »
    I saw a movie over 10 years ago, low budget, no big name actors or actresses at the time. I've been searching for the name for about 5 years and hope someone out there knows it.

The movie starts off with a flashback to the the female protagonist's childhood on a farm. She was running through the fields and playing with an "imaginary friend"; when she returns home she finds her parent both dead of gunshot wounds, when the shooter turns the gun on her something happened and the shooter end up killing himself.

Flash forward probably 10 years and she's attending college and on a bunch of anti-psychotics to suppress her "imaginary friend" when a young woman from her childhood comes to live with her. She begins going off her pills and on several occasions begins displaying signs of telekinesis (ei. she blows up a brain scan device in the lab when she gets angry or when she shatters the window of a classmate/ sheriff's son) though she is befriended by the young man who had done the brain scan.

Can't remember everything but it progresses to the point that she realizes her friend is actually her "imaginary friend" from her childhood, the friend causes a car crash which kills the sheriff's son and she realizes that the friend is actually evil and trying to get her to commit murder to release the devil into the world. I think it ends in her killing either herself or her boyfriend (I know, not the happiest of endings).

Anyway, I know it's a bit of a specialized taste horror movie but I'm hoping someone out there can help me out :)

11:11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rico1234

Hiya,

Hoping Sinatra fans can help me here, all I really remember about this noirish movie (in colour) is ol' Frank sitting in I think a bedroom while a well built woman undresses/changes in front of him stripping down to her white knickers.. Maybe 60s to early 70s era.

Seen It so long ago and would love to know what the movie was called.

Thanks,
    Rico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Rico1234 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Hoping Sinatra fans can help me here, all I really remember about this noirish movie (in colour) is ol' Frank sitting in I think a bedroom while a well built woman undresses/changes in front of him stripping down to her white knickers.. Maybe 60s to early 70s era.

Seen It so long ago and would love to know what the movie was called.

Thanks,
    Rico

Tony Rome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Rico1234

Looks promising, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

syboit wrote: »
    Hi,

Another one from my youth, think it was a film. But just remember glimpses of this set in a cave, and they driving around in these large types of buggies. I've an idea they were fighting against these "cave creatures", but can't be 100% on that. sorry for the vagueness of it all.
    jh79 wrote: »
    Could be Mind Warp starring Bruce Campbell

thanks, not it though :(

Hi, see if someone can help with this one.

Second world war, German occupied area, possibly Greece/Albania. Partisans. Married/widowed woman with kids kind stuck between a rock and a hard place with the Germans and Partisans....film may be 20+ years old.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭MfMan

Not a film, but a music video I saw recently on MTV. Video seems to have an 80's feel to it and the artist, little seen, seems to be black and dread-locked. Music is all electronic instrumental, rather similar to the Beverly Hills Cop theme. Video itself consists of all electro-mechanical mannequins, one of which is beaked or bird-like, set in a studio living-room setting. At one point the bird is shown looking in through a broken window at a model asleep in bed. Another clip shows some of them sitting on a sofa watching TV. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

MfMan wrote: »
    Not a film, but a music video I saw recently on MTV. Video seems to have an 80's feel to it and the artist, little seen, seems to be black and dread-locked. Music is all electronic instrumental, rather similar to the Beverly Hills Cop theme. Video itself consists of all electro-mechanical mannequins, one of which is beaked or bird-like, set in a studio living-room setting. At one point the bird is shown looking in through a broken window at a model asleep in bed. Another clip shows some of them sitting on a sofa watching TV. Any ideas?

it seems its called "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock

Hi, see if someone can help with this one.

Second world war, German occupied area, possibly Greece/Albania. Partisans. Married/widowed woman with kids kind stuck between a rock and a hard place with the Germans and Partisans....film may be 20+ years old.

Thanks

could be "Eleni"

Its about a reporter (John Malkovich) investigating what went on in hios childhood in occupied Greece. There are flashback parts to his childhood and his mother etc.

Based on a real story - book by Nicholas Gage

Riskymove wrote: »
    could be "Eleni"

Its about a reporter (John Malkovich) investigating what went on in hios childhood in occupied Greece. There are flashback parts to his childhood and his mother etc.

Based on a real story - book by Nicholas Gage

Bingo!!, that's the one, well impressed. I will watch again and may even try the book.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭MfMan

it seems its called "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock

Spot on!

NOT La Haine.

Thanks

Intouchables?

only a couple of years old though

Intouchables?

only a couple of years old though

Afraid not, but thanks anyway, the one I am after would be a good bit older.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Afraid not, but thanks anyway, the one I am after would be a good bit older.

this maybe?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/

Irish Aris wrote: »

No, but it's a Luc Besson, so I will watch it anyway, thanks

what about this, set in a paris school

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068646/

If not perhaps you could give some detail about the film plot etc.?

what about this, set in a paris school

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068646/

If not perhaps you could give some detail about the film plot etc.?

Saw it approx. 10 years ago, may have been one those arrive home after pub things, so a it is a bit sketchy. A lot of high rise flats, set in Paris as far as |I recall, but may be Marseille. Not an action movie as such, but involved teenage gangs (North African Descent) and police. No famous names and it seemed to be a pretty good movie......

If its Marseilles it could be this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245062/

If its Marseilles it could be this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245062/

Yes, this looks like it.

I am off to see where I can purchase same.

Again, many thanks four your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kizerok

I saw a short video clip, presumably from a movie, of some guys who appeared to be part of a militia (but possibly just military) in a helicopter looking at a map of Saint Paul. Anyone know what movie (or TV show or whatever) this is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

an old hitman from England is sent to Spain to kidnap an on the run criminal that ran off with money years earlier. He brings with him a young apprentice hitman (both these hitman are well-known british actors).

When they kidnap the criminal he is with his spanish girlfriend, so they take her as well. They are all travelling in car to a destination known only by the old hitman, the criminal beleives he's being taken to the boss whom he stole the money from.

There's an altercation between the two hit-men when the old one wants to kill the girlfriend, the young hitman points the gun at the old hitman, but apologises later on.

Near the end of the film, they arrive at a dumping ground, the criminal realizes this is the destination, the old hitman kills both the criminal and the young hitman (as we find out he planned all along). But for whatever reason he cant bring himself to kill the girlfriend and he releases her.

Later on at the airport the old hitman is surprised by the cops as the girlfriend tipped of his airport location.

I believe this movie to be well over 15 years old. The young hitman was a relatively unknown actor at its release but is well-known today, i can see his face but not his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

johndoe99 wrote: »
    an old hitman from England is sent to Spain to kidnap an on the run criminal that ran off with money years earlier. He brings with him a young apprentice hitman (both these hitman are well-known british actors).

When they kidnap the criminal he is with his spanish girlfriend, so they take her as well. They are all travelling in car to a destination known only by the old hitman, the criminal beleives he's being taken to the boss whom he stole the money from.

There's an altercation between the two hit-men when the old one wants to kill the girlfriend, the young hitman points the gun at the old hitman, but apologises later on.

Near the end of the film, they arrive at a dumping ground, the criminal realizes this is the destination, the old hitman kills both the criminal and the young hitman (as we find out he planned all along). But for whatever reason he cant bring himself to kill the girlfriend and he releases her.

Later on at the airport the old hitman is surprised by the cops as the girlfriend tipped of his airport location.

I believe this movie to be well over 15 years old. The young hitman was a relatively unknown actor at its release but is well-known today, i can see his face but not his name.

Might be The Hit? Been years since I saw it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Might be The Hit? Been years since I saw it though.

that's it, thanks very much.

It was Tim Roth whose name i couldn't remember.

Advertisement