Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Hi Everyone. Looking for a bit of help here. I was watching a film on one of the Sky movie stations yesterday afternoon and I was just getting in to it when I was called away.

It was a dark film about some lad who left a pressure job in the city and went to live alone, renovating a boat moored on the Great Lakes. It is set in winter and he's basically the only one in the area, except for one or two locals. It was one of those tortured soul movies

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

oldyouth wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. Looking for a bit of help here. I was watching a film on one of the Sky movie stations yesterday afternoon and I was just getting in to it when I was called away.

It was a dark film about some lad who left a pressure job in the city and went to live alone, renovating a boat moored on the Great Lakes. It is set in winter and he's basically the only one in the area, except for one or two locals. It was one of those tortured soul movies

Any ideas?

Thanks

can you name any of the stars?

Is this it??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536374/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

can you name any of the stars?

Is this it??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536374/

That's the one, many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

this is all I know... horror film, most likely between 70's to late 80's, possibly several different unrelated tales within one film....2 scenes in particular:
    a guy wearing a pilots jacket flying a plane is eaten by rats
    someone in bed is killed by poison trickled down a thread from the ceiling and their face ends up being completely destroyed

Anyone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

flanree wrote: »
    this is all I know... horror film, most likely between 70's to late 80's, possibly several different unrelated tales within one film....2 scenes in particular:
    a guy wearing a pilots jacket flying a plane is eaten by rats
    someone in bed is killed by poison trickled down a thread from the ceiling and their face ends up being completely destroyed

Anyone????
    The Abominable Dr. Phibes [1971]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066740/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bluefall

Hi!

As a kid I watched this movie I can't remember the name of but hopefully someone does.

I'm not sure if this was swedish only but hopefully there was an english version of it too because otherwise no one probably have heard of it.

So heres what I know:

I watched it early 2000's. Pretty sure it was pixelated. It was about home electronics (bread roasters etc) escaping (not sure) from the house and kind of going out on an adventure. A strong scene towards the end was located at a scrapyard. Their mission could also be to find something.

I hope anyone knows this movie and I'd love a reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

bluefall wrote: »
    Hi!

As a kid I watched this movie I can't remember the name of but hopefully someone does.

I'm not sure if this was swedish only but hopefully there was an english version of it too because otherwise no one probably have heard of it.

So heres what I know:

I watched it early 2000's. Pretty sure it was pixelated. It was about home electronics (bread roasters etc) escaping (not sure) from the house and kind of going out on an adventure. A strong scene towards the end was located at a scrapyard. Their mission could also be to find something.

I hope anyone knows this movie and I'd love a reply!

The Brave Little Toaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bluefall

Otacon wrote: »

Yes! That's it! Thank you so much! This thread is amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

I'm looking for the name of an old horror movie, I saw it years ago and can only remember a few scenes but hopefully someone might know what I'm talking about.

If I remember correctly the film is based around a couple that go to stay in a mansion (possibly hotel) in the countryside and a series of scary events ensue.
    • A woman is swimming in a pool when two glass panels appear above the water at either side, eventually closing and trapping her in the pool.
    • A woman stumbles across a room where it appears that a sick man is in bed. There is a curtain surrounding the bed so we don't get to see the man. She reaches past the curtain and, as she does this, a green (yes, green) hand puts a ring on her finger which she is then unable to remove.
    • The couple try to leave the place at one point by driving away but every road leads them back to the mansion, they can't escape.

Those are the only scenes I can remember, any help identifying the film would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

That's it, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Me and a friend gone daft trying to remember this. Someone was trying to abolish the death penalty, and to prove that innocent people get the death penalty they framed some man for a womans suicide. Evidence was actually quite convincing. Some reporter then figured out towards the end that the man was innocent but she was too late. The reporter was one those well known women in Hollywood but i cant put a name on her.

Any answers greatly appreciated

Me and a friend gone daft trying to remember this. Someone was trying to abolish the death penalty, and to prove that innocent people get the death penalty they framed some man for a womans suicide. Evidence was actually quite convincing. Some reporter then figured out towards the end that the man was innocent but she was too late. The reporter was one those well known women in Hollywood but i cant put a name on her.

Any answers greatly appreciated

Sounds a bit like "The Life of David Gale"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_of_David_Gale
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289992/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

you're a life saver. thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I remember a scifi movie from my childhood. it would be one of the B movies in xtravision. I basically remember at the start a guy wakes up beside his girlfriend in an apartment after having a nightmare. He goes to his job in a top secret lab where they are sending back robots/cyborgs through time. The experiment goes wrong as the robot encounters a family at the test site so they try to abort. The scientist tries to shut it down and some explosion happens.

He wakes up and its like an alternative version of the future were humans are being wiped out in a endless war against these robots. Also there is a virus were the infected become suicide soldiers against the robots. His girlfriend is an infected in the this timeline and doesn't know him. She joins his squad as they set out on a mission to stop the source of the robots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

yes!!

thats it. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dr5498

There was a movie that I can't remember the name of . Its about rombies . And the part I remember is a guy and a girl are trapped in a big building . They see there friend walking around as a zombie. They know he has a car so they lasso him and pull him up and the girl goes down and grabs his keys. Then they go the parking garage and click the remote and it turns out to be a smart car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Have very little details about this movie but I just came across this thread so thought I'd post about it! I'm sure some one will know.....

It was a Kids movie (comedy) I saw from probably early to mid 90's. It was about some kid (played by an adult actor) who was obsessed with Dinosaurs. I think the kid was always getting in to trouble. I think there's one scene where the go to a Dinosaur theme park called Dinoland or something similar to that.

I also have a vague memory of the kid saying at some point 'When I grow up I want to be a Dinosaur!'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Have very little details about this movie but I just came across this thread so thought I'd post about it! I'm sure some one will know.....

It was a Kids movie (comedy) I saw from probably early to mid 90's. It was about some kid (played by an adult actor) who was obsessed with Dinosaurs. I think the kid was always getting in to trouble. I think there's one scene where the go to a Dinosaur theme park called Dinoland or something similar to that.

I also have a vague memory of the kid saying at some point 'When I grow up I want to be a Dinosaur!'.

Clifford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

:D Thats it! Cheers. I see it got 4.7 on IMDB, I can only imagine what I'd think if I was to watch it again!

dr5498 wrote: »
    There was a movie that I can't remember the name of . Its about rombies . And the part I remember is a guy and a girl are trapped in a big building . They see there friend walking around as a zombie. They know he has a car so they lasso him and pull him up and the girl goes down and grabs his keys. Then they go the parking garage and click the remote and it turns out to be a smart car

It's Remains

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I came across this gif awhile ago and tried for ages to find out what movie it came from. I've had no luck unfortunately so maybe you guys can identify it...

queen-new-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1 C_Beebe

90s film, serial killer, Marilyn Manson, dude looks like Marilyn Manson, thought it was but can not find it, and ends in a church with him dead, help looking for this for years, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

C_Beebe wrote: »
    90s film, serial killer, Marilyn Manson, dude looks like Marilyn Manson, thought it was but can not find it, and ends in a church with him dead, help looking for this for years, thank you.

The Crow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pandapi

Hello ! My name is Anais I am student in France, I would want to speak with English for deepen my level of English and I think that the forum is the best way to reach there.
    I saw a movie recently The Whistleblower who speaks about the sexual traffic on minor in Bosnia. I find him poignant and it is difficult of step to be moved at the same time and to startled by this true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

pandapi wrote: »
    Hello ! My name is Anais I am student in France, I would want to speak with English for deepen my level of English and I think that the forum is the best way to reach there.
    I saw a movie recently The Whistleblower who speaks about the sexual traffic on minor in Bosnia. I find him poignant and it is difficult of step to be moved at the same time and to startled by this true story.

Hi. Welcome to Boards.

The Whistleblower is a great film, you're correct. Seen it in the cinema here when it was released in 2010.

Here's an interview with the real whistle blower from the film.

This thread is really just for films you can't remember the name of though and would like identified from some information that you can remember about it.

You need to start a new thread to talk about specific films, if none already exist. I checked and there are none for The Whistleblower, so you could start new thread about that film if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pandapi

Thank you very much!
    I had not understood the purpose of the conversation...
    In any case thank you for your explanations and I am going to turn to a page where they speak about specific movies or to create a new conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Dom wrote: »
    The Whistleblower is a great film, you're correct. Seen it in the cinema here when it was released in 2010.

Here's an interview with the real whistle blower from the film.

You made a boo-boo with your link ?

Advertisement