Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was this movie?

Options
  • 22-11-2013 11:26am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

Following up on my thread about the movie about Jesus that I finally found out what it was (Godspell).Heres another mystery movie that I saw on the telly roughly around the same time.It was deffo made in the 70s and I think set in New York.It was about a young boy who was Puerto Rican or Latino and who was trying to make it as a singer.He was playing his guitar and singing in bars and there was a scene where he gives his parents presents from the money hes made.When he gives his father his present he says"Its a moustache mug,from England".The father then flys into a rage and threatens to break his guitar,I couldent understand why at the time but I presume now it was because his son was was bringing the money into the house and this hurt his pride.Does it ring any bells with anyone?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

The only other things I can remember about it are the young lad had a big 70's style afro and there was a gang hanging around outside his apartment block who were giving him hassle and there were a couple of scenes where he was trying to sneak out and avoid them.Ring any bells with anyone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

You should try ask the question on this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055692262&page=149

You're much more likely to get a correct answer there. I'll be interested to hear the answer too as it also sounds vaguely familiar to me as well.

Advertisement