Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

its about a group of people, who i think go on vacation(or win a trip or something a long those lines.) to a mansion,
    but it turns out the mansion is haunted(i think).

during one of the scenes,
    and picture of the sea starts moving, and a squid starts grabbing people.
    i know theres some couples in it, and from what I can remember, im sure theres a pair of nuns in it too!

at the end of the film, it turns out it was a radio show,
    of people doing a audio movie type thing.

its a comedy horror film, more of a comedy though..
    along the lines of airplane type of comedy.

anyone know it?
    I think the main characters in the film are a brown haired bloke, and a blonde woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    anyone know it?

Your description reminds of two movies:

Demented nuns and couples in this one:

This one has couples also and the radio show angle you speak of:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does anyone know this film? It's an Irish movie, might have been made in the 90's, I think it was mainly about young people/teenagers and there's a scene where there's a guy standing on a horse with a noose around his neck?

Any help, much appreciated.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does anyone this film? It's an Irish movie, might have been made in the 90's, I think it was mainly about young people/teenagers and there's a scene where there's a guy standing on a horse with a noose around his neck?

Any help, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's the one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

A guy is in a Catholic school and he's a bit of a tearaway. He sneaks out normally and cycles to see his gf who is in a catholic school too. The ending involves him killing someone and he tells the priest in confession and when the police interview the priest he won't tell them because it was during confession he was told. The guy owns up at the end after a standoff with a gun, I think.

I remember enjoying it.

Jako8 wrote: »
    A guy is in a Catholic school and he's a bit of a tearaway. He sneaks out normally and cycles to see his gf who is in a catholic school too. The ending involves him killing someone and he tells the priest in confession and when the police interview the priest he won't tell them because it was during confession he was told. The guy owns up at the end after a standoff with a gun, I think.

I remember enjoying it.

Sounds like Absolution

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

Sounds a little like Catholic Boys/Heaven Help us, but they just get up to highjinx, dont think there's a murder in there

johnny drama and mcdreamy...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

I think this was a Russian movie from the early 1960s or 1950s. It had a boy running around in a no mans land kind of place. He'd go to different huts to talk to soldiers. Can someone tell me the name of this movie? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Worztron wrote: »
    I think this was a Russian movie from the early 1960s or 1950s. It had a boy running around in a no mans land kind of place. He'd go to different huts to talk to soldiers. Can someone tell me the name of this movie? Thanks.

Ivan's Childhood? (1962)

Full film here:

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Ivan's Childhood? (1962)

Thank you OutlawPete for the title and link. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Right lads, I have a tough one - Been advanced searching google and IMDB with no results on this movie of vaguely remember. I'm pretty sure it's a drama/thriller. It involves builders who are working on a project or something... repairs perhaps?

I remember a few specific scenes. One is where one of the main characters who has a fear of darkness is underground in a tunnel of some sort (he's working I think). The lights start to go off one by one and be sprints away from the direction of the darkness hoping to escape it.

There's a scene where to main characters are talking to each other from both of their cars parked but still in drive, chatting a bit before they go into the place they're going to be working on.

And possibly most memorable scene is a murder scene: A man is stabbed in the eye once until he dies, screaming horribly.

I remember it being mid-budget, but very entertaining. The whole thing takes place in mostly the same place. Probably made early 2000. There's also something about a wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Session 9.
    Great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Patch, you're a star :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ianoleader

their is a movie about this guy who i think jet li played the part but in the plot he did something wrong and somebody cut all the nerves in his body, that prevented him from doing martial arts. he was taken away and mended up and after sometime, for some reason he was able to perform his martial arts again. can somebody please help i have only seen this movie about 3 or 4 times and the last time was like about 7 years ago

ianoleader wrote: »
    their is a movie about this guy who i think jet li played the part but in the plot he did something wrong and somebody cut all the nerves in his body, that prevented him from doing martial arts. he was taken away and mended up and after sometime, for some reason he was able to perform his martial arts again. can somebody please help i have only seen this movie about 3 or 4 times and the last time was like about 7 years ago

You thinking of Black Mask, where they have their nerve endings cut so anther they can't feel pain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭brian_t

ianoleader wrote: »

Might it be "Fong Sai-yuk II"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fong_Sai-yuk_II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 globemaster

Anyone remember a movie/show in which a jewish rabbi walks through a desert and comes to a house? A giant man then comes out of the house and they talk about chewing tobacco. I forget the rest of the movie except this bit

Sorry i cant be more specific

You thinking of Black Mask, where they have their nerve endings cut so anther they can't feel pain

no it was because he attacked someone and that was his punishment not to be able to fight again

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

brian_t wrote: »

Surely that's it from reading the synopsis??

Fearless also had a plot where he didn't practice martial arts for a while: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446059/

but the above sounds more likely

hey thanks mickeroo and brian t

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone remember a movie/show in which a jewish rabbi walks through a desert and comes to a house? A giant man then comes out of the house and they talk about chewing tobacco. I forget the rest of the movie except this bit

Sorry i cant be more specific

Really longshot this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kwall10

Hey everyone, I think I have a tough one been advanced searching the hell out of it for a couple hours now and figured I needed some human brainpower..

So from what I can remember the movie had a (I wanna say, troubled) teen female protagonist, set kinda in an overcast, rainy town with plenty of trees and forest but still somewhat urban, and frankly I can't remember the main plot but it was sorta mystery, not quite thriller.

I remember only a few scenes but one was about midway through, she confronted a guy (I think her bf or ex- bf) near a cliff... exactly what happened I don't remember but she ended up getting shot in the abdomen, I believe he ended up dead.

Another scene, near the end, was her making her way to a (seemingly empty) hospital, having been shot, to see I think her mom though she never entered the room I'm pretty sure.

The most telling scene probably is a scene where this person's body (I think it was a boy) was lodged in some rocks on the banks of a dam discharge river.. And they (the authorities) had to get him out quick before he got swept away.. The dam was opening up for some reason, idk... And I believe they were looking for him for a while but the girl tipped them off somehow without getting herself caught (don't take that as fact, maybe I'm making stuff up, memory is wearing thin lol)

And the last scene I can remember is literally the last scene as it rolls into the credits, she is with her little brother on the edge of a lake or some body of water and I'm pretty sure the little kid was flying an RC airplane.

I saw the movie somewhere in the mid to late 2000s and it maybe came out a year or two before that.

No coherence I apologize but I remember it being a fairly good movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kwall10

hahaha wow! thats exactly it! Thanks so much, quick response too!

I wanted to mention something about a guy finding his own body but started second guessing and thinking it was a different movie.

Anyways, thanks much.

Hi. This movie involved a family in a council house (I think it was in England). There were 2 teenage twin girls (I think, well they were sisters anyway and did not get along).
    It may have been made in the late 80s or early 90s. I think one of the sisters was a bit of a tomboy tearaway.

Anyone know the title? Thanks.

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi. This movie involved a family in a council house (I think it was in England). There were 2 teenage twin girls (I think, well they were sisters anyway and did not get along).
    It may have been made in the late 80s or early 90s. I think one of the sisters was a bit of a tomboy tearaway.

Anyone know the title? Thanks.

Rita, Sue and Bob Too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

A movie, American, which I can only remember one scene from! Horror I'm pretty sure, thought it was Poltergeist but it's not. Scene with a guy that looks like the priest in Exorcist, same hat, old, grey. Walking past a house, kids (I think) looking out at him and he is whistling as he walks past. Garden in front of house! Not sure if he walks past the gate, comes in, or just looks in! So vague I know!

Also another with even less detail. UK movie, dark, slow, set in the country side. All I can really remember is a dark, dreary house set out in the moors or something. Not the Werewolf film. Can only really remember dark scenes of the house, exterior. Maybe a tree in the background up on a hill.

So long ago, if only I saw this thread years ago I might remember a little more. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Hi.. this has been wrecking my head for years. Can't find the name of the this anywhere. It's a horror movie about people who can enter people's dreams. Saw it around 1990. I remember one scene where a guy rips out another guy's heart and says "have a heart jim" or something like that. Also a scene on a train in the dream and a guy standing on a chair with his hands on the ceiling trying to force himself into someone's dream in the room above. Please help me!!

Advertisement