Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

just the thread I was looking for....

I remember seeing this movie years ago and would love to see it again but can't remember anything but the basic plot...

All i remember is a car with a mother and 2 or 3 children/teenagers was coming out of a shopping center car park when it crashed into an oil tanker lorry which went on fire... As far as I remember most of the occupants of the car died but there was one teenage girl alive when the fire crews arrived, one of the firemen stayed with the girl until the fire was out and then stayed in touch with her all through her recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Total longshot as I was very young when I saw this film.

It seemed to be set in the 1800's or so. A young couple arrive at a castle of sorts by carriage and enter walking up a large grand stairs which has a red carpet and the walls have loads of portraits.

The castle owner is old. I believe it was a horror of sorts and it may be a Dracula film of sorts as the castle owner gave off that vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Herrick wrote: »
    Total longshot as I was very young when I saw this film.

It seemed to be set in the 1800's or so. A young couple arrive at a castle of sorts by carriage and enter walking up a large grand stairs which has a red carpet and the walls have loads of portraits.

The castle owner is old. I believe it was a horror of sorts and it may be a Dracula film of sorts as the castle owner gave off that vibe.

Sound very much like Bram Stokers Dracula.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gg2 wrote: »
    Nope.... Its deffo a teen movie but slightly darker.... Its so so long since I've seen it I wonder if I'm making it up!! Just IMBD'd Chris Klein's movies and nothing rings a bell... Maybe it was just someone who looks like him!

Election, which was also mentioned above, is the only darker film I can think of with him in it but I recall correctly his character in it wasn't depressive or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Sound very much like Bram Stokers Dracula.

I think Jonathan Harker arrives alone to the castle in Bram Stoker's Dracula?

Could potentially be one of Roger Corman's Edgar Allen Poe series - particularly Masque of the Red Death or Pit and the Pendulum? Being made in the 1960s, these may fit the bill, depending on Herrick's age (they say they were very young when they saw it)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I think Jonathan Harker arrives alone to the castle in Bram Stoker's Dracula?

Could potentially be one of Roger Corman's Edgar Allen Poe series - particularly Masque of the Red Death or Pit and the Pendulum? Being made in the 1960s, these may fit the bill, depending on Herrick's age (they say they were very young when they saw it)!

I'm 24 but it was recorded on an old VHS so it could very well have been on RTE at some stage so it could be those as well! I'll have a look at them and see thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

Trying to remember an animated film about a jewish girl surviving on her own during WW2.

She had a teddy bear named bo-bo I think. It was based in a forest in winter. there was a bit where she was picking away at brickwork under a bridge everyday to try and collapse the bridge.

It must be 20 years ago since I saw it but I never heard of it since. I tried googling different words but no luck maybe someone has heard of it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Looking to identify a zombie film I saw years ago. A few details I remember:

-There was a scene where police officers arrive at a besieged house. One of the officers screams as the zombies attack: "I'll blow your f*cking head off!!!" or something similar.

-One of the zombies uses a police/ambulance radio and orders the dispatcher to "Send more cops/ambulances". (Yes, a zombie can talk!)

-A zombie-fied cop stands and directs cars into the areas where more zombies are.

-A character in the house threatens a zombie with a baseball bat, screams "Stay back or I'll knock your f*ckin' block off!"... and then proceeds to knock the zombie's head off with the bat.

-A central character gets bitten and slowly but surely starts turning into a zombie. He eventually corners two of his friends in a locked attic and breaks in at the climax of the film... but:

-When informed of the crisis, the government promises to respond. A military-bureaucrat walks through a facility to implement the government's contingency plan... a nuclear strike against the infected area. Simultaneously as the friend/zombie breaks into the attic, the bomb hits, the scene freezes and the film ends.

It was one of those "it's so bad it's good" films (I think). I don't think it's one of the classic Romero zombie flicks or anything. I'd love to know which zombie film it is so I can watch it for a giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

DazMarz wrote: »
    Looking to identify a zombie film I saw years ago. A few details I remember:

-There was a scene where police officers arrive at a besieged house. One of the officers screams as the zombies attack: "I'll blow your f*cking head off!!!" or something similar.

-One of the zombies uses a police/ambulance radio and orders the dispatcher to "Send more cops/ambulances". (Yes, a zombie can talk!)

-A zombie-fied cop stands and directs cars into the areas where more zombies are.

-A character in the house threatens a zombie with a baseball bat, screams "Stay back or I'll knock your f*ckin' block off!"... and then proceeds to knock the zombie's head off with the bat.

-A central character gets bitten and slowly but surely starts turning into a zombie. He eventually corners two of his friends in a locked attic and breaks in at the climax of the film... but:

-When informed of the crisis, the government promises to respond. A military-bureaucrat walks through a facility to implement the government's contingency plan... a nuclear strike against the infected area. Simultaneously as the friend/zombie breaks into the attic, the bomb hits, the scene freezes and the film ends.

It was one of those "it's so bad it's good" films (I think). I don't think it's one of the classic Romero zombie flicks or anything. I'd love to know which zombie film it is so I can watch it for a giggle.
    That's Return of the Living Dead (1984) made by Dan O'Bannon as a homage to Night of the Living Dead. It's really funny and the reason I got into zombie films! (the mortuary scenes are my favourites)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Thanks! That's exactly it! Gonna watch it tonight and have a bit of a laugh. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

what film was it when someone knocks down a deer in a convertible car , they decide to keep the road kill and load it into the car and later on the deer wakes up and destorys the car with its antlers.

i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

irishgeo wrote: »
    what film was it when someone knocks down a deer in a convertible car , they decide to keep the road kill and load it into the car and later on the deer wakes up and destorys the car with its antlers.

i
    sounds like a qotsa music video to me

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

irishgeo wrote: »

i

Tommy Boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

What's the name of the film about this guy who walks into a store and tells the shopkeeper to bet everything on a coin toss. The dude is meant to be a serial killer and sounds French.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What's the name of the film about this guy who walks into a store and tells the shopkeeper to bet everything on a coin toss. The dude is meant to be a serial killer and sounds French.

No Country For Old Men

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

New one lads, help me out.

I think it's a Portuguese (it's subtitled anyway) movie about a guy with a pregnant wife who live in an apartment building. A deadly disease spreads across the world and the government information tells them to stay indoors. One of the residents is total full on tinfoil hat and has been preparing for the beginning of the end, he schools the main character in how to survive the proximity of the other residents who are all in a stressful situation. Decent movie.

For some reason I thought the name had a number in, I can't remember and it's driving me crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

No Country For Old Men

Amazing, I saw it on a projector and thought it was from 1979, just had that vibe about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

New one lads, help me out.

I think it's a Portuguese (it's subtitled anyway) movie about a guy with a pregnant wife who live in an apartment building. A deadly disease spreads across the world and the government information tells them to stay indoors. One of the residents is total full on tinfoil hat and has been preparing for the beginning of the end, he schools the main character in how to survive the proximity of the other residents who are all in a stressful situation. Decent movie.

For some reason I thought the name had a number in, I can't remember and it's driving me crazy!

Phase 7 (Fase 7)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Lookin' for an obscure one, google results didn't pick up anything except Coneheads.

It's a movie about some characters watching a black & white movie that I believe is a real movie and not just made for this movie. You see the characters' silhouettes as they sit and watch it in a theatre while commentating on it. It's a comedy. The movie they are watching is like I said, in black and white, about some kind of cone-head type aliens. Finding that movie alone might lead to the one I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Lookin' for an obscure one, google results didn't pick up anything except Coneheads.

It's a movie about some characters watching a black & white movie that I believe is a real movie and not just made for this movie. You see the characters' silhouettes as they sit and watch it in a theatre while commentating on it. It's a comedy. The movie they are watching is like I said, in black and white, about some kind of cone-head type aliens. Finding that movie alone might lead to the one I'm talking about.

Sounds like an episode of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mystery Science Theater 3000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Ah, so it's a show. I never saw the start or the end, I just watched a few minutes of it while it was in the middle and assumed it was a movie, thinking the characters were going to watch the movie in full and not just highlights. Welp, thanks lads! I know what to get my hands on next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

trying to remember a recent enough TV series (within 5 years ago), a friend of a friend recommended to me last year. I believe it was cancelled after 1 year.

An FBI agent (could be CIA or other), begins a desk job. He sees clues to crimes in some puzzles in a newspaper, he informs his superior, who dismisses the notion. But his superior turns up dead next day from an apparent accident, but the agent sees clues that he didn't.

thanks.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    trying to remember a recent enough TV series (within 5 years ago), a friend of a friend recommended to me last year. I believe it was cancelled after 1 year.

An FBI agent (could be CIA or other), begins a desk job. He sees clues to crimes in some puzzles in a newspaper, he informs his superior, who dismisses the notion. But his superior turns up dead next day from an apparent accident, but the agent sees clues that he didn't.

thanks.

It is Rubicon.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1389371/episodes?ref_=tt_ql_6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Shame that got cancelled, it was a bit more high brow than the usual muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

Hi all!

there was an Italian movie with Monica Bellucci, I saw it when I was little. It is about a woman waiting for her husband to come back from the war. She is spurned by the population of the small town because of her beauty, finally she was accused wrongly to be a whore. Anyone remember something like that? :rolleyes: Oh and a little boy falls in love with her, stalking her every night :D

Shame that got cancelled, it was a bit more high brow than the usual muck.

I heard it was very good, gonna start watching it tonight, hope they gave it some sorta ending.

SilSil wrote: »
    Hi all!

there was an Italian movie with Monica Bellucci, I saw it when I was little. It is about a woman waiting for her husband to come back from the war. She is spurned by the population of the small town because of her beauty, finally she was accused wrongly to be a whore. Anyone remember something like that? :rolleyes: Oh and a little boy falls in love with her, stalking her every night :D

Malèna
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213847/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_39

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

Yes! Thanks a lot! :P

Advertisement