Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

IMO I think the Guevara is the most cigar like El Toro liquid but that needs a few days steeping.
    I tested it at the Vapefest but it wasn't great.....guess it was too fresh. Damm, I just put in an order to ESI yesterday, should have stuck a 10 ml bottle of Guevara on it.....aw well next time...(How come I am always thinking, "I have enough liquid and devices to do me for a year" yet seem to order something every two weeks or so!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Not my favourite either. Rank when fresh but gets much better when steeped.

Not my favourite either. Rank when fresh but gets much better when steeped.
    What is your favourite Moolers? I am still looking for an all day vape....

Still searching for my ADV but its definitely El Toro. The satisfaction I get from them juices is just not there with other brands, I can actually feel it all the way down to my toes.:o

Virginia Prime is gorgeous but makes absolute sh1te of coils, Guevara is nice but not for me, Puros and Cigarillos are similar and definitely contenders, hard to choose between the two. ..Puros probably.

Haven't tried Eden yet but Minotaur is my next purchase and Im hoping it's good. Chivalry was very nice, Reserve not so much.

Still searching for my ADV but its definitely El Toro. The satisfaction I get from them juices is just not there with other brands, I can actually feel it all the way down to my toes.:o

Virginia Prime is gorgeous but makes absolute sh1te of coils, Guevara is nice but not for me, Puros and Cigarillos are similar and definitely contenders, hard to choose between the two. ..Puros probably.

Haven't tried Eden yet but Minotaur is my next purchase and Im hoping it's good. Chivalry was very nice, Reserve not so much.

I'll agree that El Toro has a certain something.....I have been vaping Eden, bit sweet for my taste but nice all the same, tastes of very ripe red apples. I have some Virginia Prime that I did not like when I got it but must take it out this evening and give it a go, must be 4-6 weeks old by now.

Will try Guevara and Chivalary on next purchase.......

Have you tried any cigar flavours from other vendors? I got a 100VG Cigar from Decedent vapours at the Vapefest.....not bad, but nothing special either....found 100% VG to be a killer on the throat though....

Edit: Ok just fired eBaron dripper freshly washed and nice new cotton wick.....no, still get chemical undertones with this one......:( let my OH try it and she gets cigar with a hint of mint......methinks I have zero taste buds left after decades of smoking........yet I can blind taste wine....Cook with the best of them.....wtf!!!

Edit2: just threw in a few drops of Decedent Vapours 100% VG Cigar so I could chase some clouds.....and now I can taste cigar with a hint of mint.........*confused*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Have you tried any cigar flavours from other vendors?

I'm not about to rain on your party, what with all this refined talk of El Torro and suchlike :D but I have a bottle of Cuban Supreme from Healthiersmoker's Wicked and it's really quite nice :) just another for your consideration!

csi vegas wrote: »
    I'm not about to rain on your party, what with all this refined talk of El Torro and suchlike :D but I have a bottle of Cuban Supreme from Healthiersmoker's Wicked and it's really quite nice :) just another for your consideration!
    Yer not raining on any party, El Torres could be completely overhyped and I have fallen for the hype......just trying to figure this out....look at the hype surrounding Bobas Bounty....

I soaked some Amber Leaf in PG for six weeks, added some menthol and vanilla custard and got what is probably the best vape ever.......just it destructs coils at an extraordinary rate.......been trying to get something as good since.....or discover a new way to filter homemades....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yer not raining on any party, El Torres could be completely overhyped and I have fallen for the hype......just trying to figure this out....look at the hype surrounding Bobas Bounty....

I soaked some Amber Leaf in PG for six weeks, added some menthol and vanilla custard and got what is probably the best vape ever.......just it destructs coils at an extraordinary rate.......been trying to get something as good since.....or discover a new way to filter homemades....:)

Well deserved hype for both brands. Artyeva reckoned Boba's tasted of "celery, burnt cheese and... raw cabbage stalk".

Not much you can do about the filtering unless you build a multilayered vacuum pump. I filter my stuff three times and it still gunk's everything the fwawk out - though I did find that cigar steeps don't gunk as much. I can get 4ml vaped before I have to rewick.

grindle wrote: »
    Well deserved hype for both brands. Artyeva reckoned Boba's tasted of "celery, burnt cheese and... raw cabbage stalk".

Not much you can do about the filtering unless you build a multilayered vacuum pump. I filter my stuff three times and it still gunk's everything the fwawk out - though I did find that cigar steeps don't gunk as much. I can get 4ml vaped before I have to rewick.
    Vacuum pump is not that easy to just throw together.......gravity filtration takes forever....and a day.....forced does not work as good......now time to find something else....:)

True that. I now need to buy it just because...

That sounds amazing! Note to self is made, to be permanantly etched in my long term memory.
    Have you tried .25 or .28 Kanthal for coiling? Just that I have .15 and .20 and they're both pretty weak, I know I need a stronger density - this could be helpful info for you.

• Advertisement

True that. I now need to buy it just because...

That sounds amazing! Note to self is made, to be permanantly etched in my long term memory.
    Have you tried .25 or .28 Kanthal for coiling? Just that I have .15 and .20 and they're both pretty weak, I know I need a stronger density - this could be helpful info for you.

So far am using Resistance/Non resistance coil on eBaron dripper.....and have left my ohms meter elsewhere so will not know what resistance it is until weekend.......got two resistances of wire bit no marking on them to identify....

I think when I get probably an Igo W I will start using double coils and it seems .28 is the preferred resistance.....bought a mod and batteries at the Vaoefest but will not have a charger until tomorrow.....mod is cute though......:)

So far am using Resistance/Non resistance coil on eBaron dripper.....and have left my ohms meter elsewhere so will not know what resistance it is until weekend.......got two resistances of wire bit no marking on them to identify....

I think when I get probably an Igo W I will start using double coils and it seems .28 is the preferred resistance.....bought a mod and batteries at the Vaoefest but will not have a charger until tomorrow.....mod is cute though......:)

How long you at the vaping and rebuilding now? With the res and no-res wires you're using do you have to connect the two together by any chance? I think I read about that somewhere.

What mod did you buy? I must know! I'll be going for a Sigelei 20 soon most likely and am fairly unswayed by the looks of others - most are telescopic and that leaves too little choice for me :(

How long you at the vaping and rebuilding now? With the res and no-res wires you're using do you have to connect the two together by any chance? I think I read about that somewhere.

What mod did you buy? I must know! I'll be going for a Sigelei 20 soon most likely and am fairly unswayed by the looks of others - most are telescopic and that leaves too little choice for me :(

Started on an ego about 9 weeks ago....upgraded to an ego twist and a miniprotank 2 and bought a Youdee mod last week at the Vapefest.

B6V10-2T.jpg?1380463931

Got an eBaron dripper to stick on it and am happy with it so far........

The Youde mod is not known to most people but it is the same company who bulld Igo L, Igo W, Agi etc etc.....they produce good design at a good price.....

I had only intended to buy a dripper, probably a youde product at the Vapefest but none of the vendors that I visited had any.....so ended up spending way more money than intended........story if my life......ha ha haaaa......

Got two packs of nores/lores wire from Vaperus at the Vapefest...Thank you :) and have been using them to recoil the eBaron and miniprotank since.....working fine, no problems.....:)

Igo w next on the to buy list as it will go perfectly with the mod and want to see what dual coils are like....

http://www.vaperus.ie/mod-tubes/427-udt-v10.html

This is the link to Vaperus for the Youde mod, they have batteries but are a bit dear for chargers, I got mine from ESI....Vaperus also have the nores/lores wire for coils here:

http://www.vaperus.ie/rebuilding-supplies/391-rainbow-killer-coils.html

€5 for 50...... How could ya go wrong? :D

Started on an ego about 9 weeks ago....upgraded to an ego twist and a miniprotank 2 and bought a Youdee mod last week at the Vapefest.

B6V10-2T.jpg?1380463931

Got an eBaron dripper to stick on it and am happy with it so far........

The Youde mod is not known to most people but it is the same company who bulld Igo L, Igo W, Agi etc etc.....they produce good design at a good price.....

I had only intended to buy a dripper, probably a youde product at the Vapefest but none of the vendors that I visited had any.....so ended up spending way more money than intended........story if my life......ha ha haaaa......

Got two packs of nores/lores wire from Vaperus at the Vapefest...Thank you :) and have been using them to recoil the eBaron and miniprotank since.....working fine, no problems.....:)

Igo w next on the to buy list as it will go perfectly with the mod and want to see what dual coils are like....

http://www.vaperus.ie/mod-tubes/427-udt-v10.html

This is the link to Vaperus for the Youde mod, they have batteries but are a bit dear for chargers, I got mine from ESI....Vaperus also have the nores/lores wire for coils here:

http://www.vaperus.ie/rebuilding-supplies/391-rainbow-killer-coils.html

€5 for 50...... How could ya go wrong? :D

Only nine weeks ago? Your knowledge is impressive! At nine weeks I was still hell-bent on converting EVERYONE over to eGo-c 1ml cartridges :o
    Nice mod and no, don't think anybody's heard of it yet but wait and see, it won't be long now 'til they cast a beady eye...:D

Those pre-made coil-wires scare the hell out of me - what do you do with them? Are they for specific atomizers only?
    What's the purpose of them having a no-res 'lead'?

I did read the Vaperus info but the word 'weldability' threw me - I wondered earlier if they need to be connected/joined (as in welded/soldered) together. Don't know if you're that enthusiastic yet!

Only nine weeks ago? Your knowledge is impressive! At nine weeks I was still hell-bent on converting EVERYONE over to eGo-c 1ml cartridges :o
    Nice mod and no, don't think anybody's heard of it yet but wait and see, it won't be long now 'til they cast a beady eye...:D

Those pre-made coil-wires scare the hell out of me - what do you do with them? Are they for specific atomizers only?
    What's the purpose of them having a no-res 'lead'?

I did read the Vaperus info but the word 'weldability' threw me - I wondered earlier if they need to be connected/joined (as in welded/soldered) together. Don't know if you're that enthusiastic yet!

The res/nonres wires are quite simple, there is resistance wire, the piece that heats up and on each side there is non resistance wire, does not heat up, this means the power only heats the part in the middle, the coil, the legs do not heat up as they have no resistance......

This is an advantage in not producing heat where the legs go, particularly if they have long runs in an atomiser and/or the atomiser has rubber/plastic parts.

DiscountVapers_NoLeadWire__89079.1375484863.1280.1280.jpg

The part that is darker in the middle is the resistance wire, it "resists" the current going through it and heats up.....the "weld ability of the wire they mentioned is that Nicochrome wire is easier to weld than Kanthal......seems to be pretty much the same as a coil otherwise....

The wires can be connected by hand, simply winding them together, but at the price they are .....not worth it tbh......personally would prefer a dripper/atomiser that did not need these res/nonres wires as in most drippers but will stick with these.....for a while....:)

My knowledge is not that impressive considering I trained a long time ago as an electronics engineer......I don't work at that now but it comes in handy for hobbies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Hi, thought I'd give a quick yet thorough review on Eir Horse B H..... Ok before I quit the dreaded weed I was smoking Amber Leaf Tobacco, so naturally I was looking for a similar Tasting and TH liquid, sooooo my voyage of discovery began....... Roll forward 10 months and I've found it, now I'm not saying it is perfect replica off Amber Leaf(to be honest I forget what any of that filthy tobacco tastes like)but it quite simply is a perfect medium to all the liquids I've tried and tested up to now(and I aint searchin any more).... It has a lovely cloudy vapour, it has what seems to be the perfect TH for what should be a strong cigarette, it tastes great somewhere in between good tobacco flavour and mildly very mildly caramelly, also and what I'm very impressed with it is very easy on the coil.... so give it a go and with unbeatable value and free shipping you cant go wrong http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=315 also 'Eight Star' in the same shop, in the 'Silver Dekang' section is really good to, a lil bit harder on the coil but no more than any other.... I'd also like to say if you where a 'strong cigarette' smoker or tobacco smoker, these 2 will satisfy you.

Igo w next on the to buy list as it will go perfectly with the mod and want to see what dual coils are like...
    There's no 18650 tube for the v10 yet (is there?).

Dual-coils and 18350s aren't a great match - even with a 0.8-0.7ohm dual you're looking at half an hour of okay performance and then the battery just won't be able for it.

There's no 18650 tube for the v10 yet (is there?).

Dual-coils and 18350s aren't a great match - even with a 0.8-0.7ohm dual you're looking at half an hour of okay performance and then the battery just won't be able for it.
    Ther's an 18650 tube on it's way.....so said Mavis Wu to me today from Youde....and who is going to argue with someone called Mavis!!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Tried a couple of Moms and Pops recently
    Bianca's Bliss - 5/10 ...meh, no particular flavour that I can discern
    Cappasnack - 1/10... horrible. I dont know how anyone thought this would be a good flavour to sell

I dont normally steep, just pour n go. Works for everything else so far but these 2 are in a drawer for the next week to see if there is any improvement

Still my favourite so far.. Flavors fromJoe's Blueberry and cinnamon crumble, closely followed closely by Paul's creme Brulle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

They describe cappasnack as a cinnamon latte. Just tastes of cinnamon to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

They describe cappasnack as a cinnamon latte. Just tastes of cinnamon to me.

I have tried a couple of cinnamons but there aint none at all from this.
    Maybe I got a bad batch
    On the other hand, I have to consider that I got it from a website, with a basic white label on the bottle. Got a wingnuts also, with a very similar label...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

human 19 wrote: »
    Tried a couple of Moms and Pops recently
    Bianca's Bliss - 5/10 ...meh, no particular flavour that I can discern
    Cappasnack - 1/10... horrible. I dont know how anyone thought this would be a good flavour to sell

I dont normally steep, just pour n go. Works for everything else so far but these 2 are in a drawer for the next week to see if there is any improvement

Still my favourite so far.. Flavors fromJoe's Blueberry and cinnamon crumble, closely followed closely by Paul's creme Brulle

Haha I love cappasnack, although I generally find that the first few days after i receive its pretty manky. I would have thought it would be ready to vape but generally i leave it 5 days or so and its lovely. Although needs more coffee flavour.
    There is a lot of vanilla or something in it, theres a fair bit of cinnamon too, but would actually want less of that vanilla or whatever sweet flavour, more coffee and cinnamon.

Although most of Mom & Pops stuff I have tried has been awful, or talcum powder/chemical flavour.

BeansBeans wrote: »
    I would have thought it would be ready to vape but generally i leave it 5 days or so and its lovely. Although needs more coffee flavour.

Made fresh from.concentrates.

M&P coffee bad. Me no like.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Anyone able to recommend a menthol liquid that isnt too expensive and is available to buy in a large size(30ml or higher). I am based in the UK these days so would prefer to buy from a UK site. Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Made fresh from.concentrates.

M&P coffee bad. Me no like.

Ah fair enough, I had assumed someone else would be mixing it so would be sitting around on shelves for a while. :p

I cannot find a coffee flavour that I really love sadly :(

You could give artisan eliquid new flavors a try. Espresso and Capacinno. They're only listed in the sample pack but going on his previous flavors, they should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Lister1 wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a menthol liquid that isnt too expensive and is available to buy in a large size(30ml or higher). I am based in the UK these days so would prefer to buy from a UK site. Thanks in advance...

This Guy ships all over Europe... http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_Menthol_100ml/p1274299_8034784.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Anybody have an experience with wingnuts cola?

Got a 10ml bottle there and the juice is well...Cloudy :confused:.When i first got it,it looked like water had gotten at it or something (like when you put water with oil),don't know if this is something specific to my bottle or just the juice mix itself.

Taste seems spot on but the cloudiness is a little off putting.

Sounds exactly like mine. Needs a good skake regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Cheers for the link. Any idea of the dispensing method on the 100ml bottles. I noticed on the of the products had the below warning so was wondering if other products need the syringe to use as well?

Please note: the bottles are full to capacity, please be careful when
    opening, and use a syringe etc to remove some liquid before pouring.

Advertisement