Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

kksaints wrote: »
    Didnt someone say that he was a perma-banned rereg? He was fairly trollish in the soccer forum.

The Fla account was closed as was the Rafa ballbag one, I assumed that would have been his decision not a ban either account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The Fla account was closed as was the Rafa ballbag one, I assumed that would have been his decision not a ban either account?

Not sure but was certain I saw a post like that before he closed the last one. No real loss as far as Im concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He just about does enough to not get perma-banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

kksaints wrote: »
    Not sure but was certain I saw a post like that before he closed the last one. No real loss as far as Im concerned.

Not bothered about what he does in the soccer forum, its basically a troll fest in their, but I will say from the wrestling forum viewpoint, he was one of the best posters over the years.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not bothered about what he does in the soccer forum, its basically a troll fest in their, but I will say from the wrestling forum viewpoint, he was one of the best posters over the years.:(

He'll be missed in the draft

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Soccer mod speaking here: I felt the exact same (except I obv cant fully agree publically given the troll fest part), he caused a hell of a lot of hassle at one point on the soccer board (no problem seperating the two myself and as aposter he never seemed to have a problem doing so either) but he is always welcome here on PW as far as im concerned and his recent hiatus occured actually as a result of someone dragging up his soccer forum nonsense in the PW realm and him reacting to it. I dont like someone who isn't here becoming the focus of conversation if negative things are potentially going to be said about that person though so im going to change the title. I probably shouldn't have renamed it this in the first place but was sick of seing HMV reopens this weekend in the title (several weeks after the fact) and thought bringing back this WWF title (used once before when he dissapeared from here mid draft one year) might be a way to let him know he is welcome back whenever (assuming he might still read) despite me banning him for the above stated reaction (the ban was up anyway but his account had been closed).

anyway enough about all that... who has a new thread title suggestion? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Who cares like? I didnt even know what a flah was until some of you guys spent the past day fawning over him.

You know you spend too much time on any given internet forum, when you give nicknames to other users and you start getting sad when they haven't posted in 2 weeks.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Who cares like? I didnt even know what a flah was until some of you guys spent the past day fawning over him.

You know you spend too much time on any given internet forum, when you give nicknames to other users and you start getting sad when they haven't posted in 2 weeks.

i've been posting on boards for more than 12 years, don't need to think up different ways to know ive spent too much time posting here at this stage, infact it's the opposite I almost gotta think up ways to avoid thinking about how much time I spend / have spent on boards these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did Xtravision in Galway do anything much with the HMV partnership does anybody know?

anyway enough about all that... who has a new thread title suggestion? :D

Can I get my name on the thread title please - "Liz wants Flah" :P

(back on PW Forum)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

All banter, no Flah-nter? \m/

TBF we're all posting on an insider wrestling section so even you can admit that we're not losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I dont post here as much as I used to, but still read stuff from time to time.. And flah was always an a great great poster! Was delighted to see him posting again, and hope he come's back..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

TBF we're all posting on an insider wrestling section so even you can admit that we're not losers.

Im not saying im holier than thou, im just saying, AFAIK he was that andy ballbag guy, and I dont remember him posting anything great, apart from pretty poor Liverpool and soccer banter in this thread, so dont see what the big fuss is about. The only posters I vividly "know", even if I take a break for a month, from this website really seem to be moderators, much to do with the big tags and avatars beside their names im guessing, and mike65... but thats a given.

Thank you I'm honoured ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thank you I'm honoured ;)

no probs, im expecting 37% more banter from you now though missy :P

Im not saying im holier than thou, im just saying, AFAIK he was that andy ballbag guy, and I dont remember him posting anything great, apart from pretty poor Liverpool and soccer banter in this thread, so dont see what the big fuss is about. The only posters I vividly "know", even if I take a break for a month, from this website really seem to be moderators, much to do with the big tags and avatars beside their names im guessing, and mike65... but thats a given.
    He was a good poster and had a wit about him. His newer accounts were more for the soccer forum tomfoolery but he has had many a gem on the wrestling section. Probably the reason he's fondly remembered is that he's one of the few big personalities from the old days whereas now it's just a relaxed forum with just friendly posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did Xtravision in Galway do anything much with the HMV partnership does anybody know?

Don't know about the one in Galway but Letterkenny wasn't included in the list of shops using the HMV brand yet I was in there recently and the CD chart section used HMV logo and colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

He was a good poster and had a wit about him. His newer accounts were more for the soccer forum tomfoolery but he has had many a gem on the wrestling section. Probably the reason he's fondly remembered is that he's one of the few big personalities from the old days whereas now it's just a relaxed forum with just friendly posters.

PW forum attitude era > PW forum PG era

*hic*

orestes wrote: »
    PW forum attitude era > PW forum PG era

*hic*

When Chris Benoit slated posters while he was a mod times had to change in the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The use of the word banter should be a site ban. Horrible word.

The glory days of this thread were really around summer 2009.. Faction wars and everything. Myself and Mr Flav would be plotting on MSN about how to get a rise out of some people. Worked incredibly well in some cases.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Soo, I'm slowly having to accept I have an allergy to something in curry sauces.

This is devastating news :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Devastating.

If I couldn't have Indian or Thai food I would give up Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Going to need another new torrent site soon. Seems like Isohunt is going aswell now. Anyone got anything? For completely legal stuff of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Going to need another new torrent site soon. Seems like Isohunt is going aswell now. Anyone got anything? For completely legal stuff of course.

Just use torrentz.eu, it's like google, but for torrents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

kick ass torrents

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dancor wrote: »

Tried that earlier and anything I tried just wouldnt start.
    Tinie wrote: »
    kick ass torrents

I was thinking that alright, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything better. I tend to stick to the one until it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Tried that earlier and anything I tried just wouldnt start.

I was thinking that alright, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything better. I tend to stick to the one until it goes.

Maybe try a VPN like spot flux.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If the reason you don't use TPB is because you're with eircom who blocks it, proxybay is a workaround site without needing to go by proxy manually

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    kick ass torrents
    Dancor wrote: »

I assume your all using these things for completely legal purposes of course :) I personally have often used the first one to ideally find links from the 2nd one but also allow me options if it isn't on the ball that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement