Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

• 14-11-2013 1:40am

Anyone buy the DVD of S4 yet to know the music used? is for example a cover version of the byrds 'turn turn turn' used at the beginning of episode 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I was thinking maybe the voice over is not such a good idea but maybe we could have Nidge wake up in the chair when he was waiting for the IRA man to come to him at the end of Season 3 and.... The whole of s4 was a dream and we can get Darren back and reignite the love story with Rosie again. It's cool and edgy and never been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Some children can't bear to be told that their silver sword is just spray painted plastic and they jump up and down and throw wobblies....but it's still a spray painted bit of plastic after all the histrionics and gnashing of teeth. After a while they just grow up and it doesn't matter so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I was thinking maybe the voice over is not such a good idea but maybe we could have Nidge wake up in the chair when he was waiting for the IRA man to come to him at the end of Season 3 and.... The whole of s4 was a dream and we can get Darren back and reignite the love story with Rosie again. It's cool and edgy and never been done.

Say what?

21273d1248395537-my-latest-find-dont-hate-bobbyewing.jpg

Was it done before?

*Sigh*

What about Nidge been an under cover cop that would be completely out of the blue.?

I think they should revisit the Wayne killing though just to confirm who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/lovehate-garda-actor-awaits-fate-29753690.html

Kieran O'Reilly, who played Garda Madden, might get in sh!te over it - one must assume he probably won't be able to appear in season 5, regardless of the outcome :/

Maybe that doesn't matter so much, given that the whole undercover operation has been exposed now anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Some children can't bear to be told that their silver sword is just spray painted plastic and they jump up and down and throw wobblies....but it's still a spray painted bit of plastic after all the histrionics and gnashing of teeth. After a while they just grow up and it doesn't matter so much.

That's a great metaphor. Here, let me have a go.....

But mostly the children are happy enough with the toy swords. They know they're toys but the previous toys from the same company were only wooden blocks and these toys are silver and shaped better and handle better.

The children know that the swords aren't perfect and if they bang them about too much cracks will show - some of the kids are conscious that the joins aren't great and they will only last a while. But they're still happy to play with them and enjoy them for what they are.

But one child..... one child complains that the silver used to spray the swords isn't the correct metallic tone and that on real swords it would never hold because the polymers used in these swords do not have the same chemical properties as the polymers on real swords. When the other children point out that not only does that not matter but that real swords don't contain polymers at all the child gets embarrassed and annoyed and blames the company that made the swords and says they've used shoddy methods to make the swords in the first place.

The other children continue playing with the swords, hoping that next year the swords they get might be even better again. But the one child, now angry that the other kids don't want to play with him starts moaning that because he had the audacity to point out that the swords weren't real nobody likes him. But the other children already knew the swords weren't real and could plainly see the faults with the swords but chose to enjoy them anyway and didn't see the need to make up new faults that weren't actually faults at all.

Also the other children knew that it was Nidge that had Wayne clipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think they should revisit the Wayne killing though just to confirm who did it.

The young lad he was laughing at for falling off his bike did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone buy the DVD of S4 yet to know the music used? is for example a cover version of the byrds 'turn turn turn' used at the beginning of episode 2?

Anyone confirm or deny this, some of the music in this series was class and I'd hate it to be replaced by crappy cover versions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

kfallon wrote: »
    Anyone confirm or deny this, some of the music in this series was class and I'd hate it to be replaced by crappy cover versions :(

The DVD music used is never the same as that used in the show, fact. It's to do with copyright & royalty charges.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The young lad he was laughing at for falling off his bike did it.

Are we 110% sure though?

I think it's open to interpretation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

What happens when the posts get to 10000?
    if its somethin good can we please not be still talkin about Wayne?

deise08 wrote: »
    What happens when the posts get to 10000?
    if its somethin good can we please not be still talkin about Wayne?

Really looking forward to next season It's a real who shot JR moment in irish television. Waynes killer will be revealed and is gonna be a seminal moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Are we 110% sure though?

I think it's open to interpretation

I think it's just the motivation that's open to interpretation though, but it's for one of the following reasons, either for laughing when he fell off the bike, or he felt guilty for doing nothing when the cat got shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Really looking forward to next season It's a real who shot JR moment in irish television. Waynes killer will be revealed and is gonna be a seminal moment.

Did you notice that we didn't actually see the dentist being murdered? He had a bag over his (or her..?) head. Could be anyone...

Did you notice that we didn't actually see the dentist being murdered? He had a bag over his (or her..?) head. Could be anyone...

I think we can presume it was the dentist. We see the bag put over his head and the body in the suit case had the same clothing on. It's safe to say it was the dentist. Whether the suitcase in the canal was the same one I don't know. Would it really float with a body in it? Andrew had a few extra pounds it would be a miracle if the case would float that high on the water.

By the way if anyone hasn't realised I have been throlling re Waines/Andrews death. Anyone that couldn't figure out who killed Wayne should stop watching the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I got it yesterday and am watching all the episodes 1 by 1 from season 1 to 4 from the weekend. I will keep note of the music used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The DVD music used is never the same as that used in the show, fact. It's to do with copyright & royalty charges.

Such a pity. It was very disconcerting while watching love/hate on ch4 to hear inferior music being used.

How i wish I had sky+ to record on the series from tv :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

kfallon wrote: »

I watched seasons 1-3 on dvd and only watched it on tv for season 4. The very first thing myself and himself noticed was the music was great on tv. Not realising that they didnt use the same music on dvd releases we both commented that they had really upped their game with edgy music providing some extra tension and atmosphere building. Then I found out that the dvds had different music. I feel ripped off for the 3 seasons I paid for on dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I think it's just the motivation that's open to interpretation though, but it's for one of the following reasons, either for laughing when he fell off the bike, or he felt guilty for doing nothing when the cat got shot.

Looking at it the first time, I'd have said Guinea did it himself or else he was working for the traveller.

Looking at it the second time, I'd have to say it was Nidge set him up.

Since there was no other mention of it afterwards, we are unsure 100% who ordered what or why. When Nidge mentioned the job to be done, I was sure it was getting rid of the traveller but since there was no followup and since Elmo just drove away, it certainly incriminates Nidge and/or Elmo to being involved in a setup. Nidge was in the know; Or so it leads us to believe: the travellers could still be guilty and so could Guinea seeking revenge. Either way, Elmo is involved!

And if Nidge did not order Wayne's death, Nidge has a serious problem. Could Fran be consolidating control over Elmo? Could the travellers and Fran have aligned unknown to Nidge? Season 5 will I'm sure continue and reveal all.

Then I found out that the dvds had different music. I feel ripped off for the 3 seasons I paid for on dvd.

It's an unfortunate budgetary constraint alright. If they paid royalites for all the songs they use on TV they'd have to charge way too much for the DVDs and nobody would buy them - and some of the songs they mightn't even get the rights for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Looking at it the second time, I'd have to say it was Nidge set him up.

we see Nidge talk to Elmo about the "job"

Elmo asks if he wants to "use the young fella" and Nidge says yes

we then see thingsd unfold for Wayne

but...if Wayne was not the "job" then who was? If Nidge was not setting up Wayne...who was he sending him out to kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

***CHECKS INTO THREAD***

***SEES EVERYONE STILL TALKING ABOUT WAYNE***

***CHECKS OUT OF THREAD***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's an unfortunate budgetary constraint alright. If they paid royalites for all the songs they use on TV they'd have to charge way too much for the DVDs and nobody would buy them - and some of the songs they mightn't even get the rights for.

They should make it clear on the front of the dvd - I thought I was paying for the show as shown on RTE, but instead I paid for the show with crappy muzac.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can't believe you still aren't convinced Nidge was behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

By the way if anyone hasn't realised I have been throlling re Waines/Andrews death. Anyone that couldn't figure out who killed Wayne should stop watching the show.

/voiceover

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/lovehate-garda-actor-awaits-fate-29753690.html

Kieran O'Reilly, who played Garda Madden, might get in sh!te over it - one must assume he probably won't be able to appear in season 5, regardless of the outcome :/

Maybe that doesn't matter so much, given that the whole undercover operation has been exposed now anyway?

Sure they can always have Madden off-screen on suspension for subversive activity ... caught at an undercover sting on the 2014 All Ireland Drama Festival.

The cops could bust Janet too for running a "workshop"

€100 for a two hour long private session seems mighty fine value.

... oh, hang on, ... that's for an acting lession* :pac:

* The aforementioned character 'Janet' is of course entirely a work of fiction - Any resemblance (non- thespian) to a real person, living or dead (ie. actress Mary Murray), is purely coincidental. Nor is it to be inferred under any circumstances that the said actress Mary Murray is coincidentally a prozzie or Madame of any description ... outside of France.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New thread started (old one was approaching 10k posts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That's a great metaphor. Here, let me have a go.....

But mostly the children are happy enough with the toy swords. They know they're toys but the previous toys from the same company were only wooden blocks and these toys are silver and shaped better and handle better.

The children know that the swords aren't perfect and if they bang them about too much cracks will show - some of the kids are conscious that the joins aren't great and they will only last a while. But they're still happy to play with them and enjoy them for what they are.

But one child..... one child complains that the silver used to spray the swords isn't the correct metallic tone and that on real swords it would never hold because the polymers used in these swords do not have the same chemical properties as the polymers on real swords. When the other children point out that not only does that not matter but that real swords don't contain polymers at all the child gets embarrassed and annoyed and blames the company that made the swords and says they've used shoddy methods to make the swords in the first place.

The other children continue playing with the swords, hoping that next year the swords they get might be even better again. But the one child, now angry that the other kids don't want to play with him starts moaning that because he had the audacity to point out that the swords weren't real nobody likes him. But the other children already knew the swords weren't real and could plainly see the faults with the swords but chose to enjoy them anyway and didn't see the need to make up new faults that weren't actually faults at all.

Also the other children knew that it was Nidge that had Wayne clipped.

you are missing the point.

....and then they grew up and put away childish things. (except those who secretly needed their comfort blankies in adulthood) ;)

They should make it clear on the front of the dvd - I thought I was paying for the show as shown on RTE, but instead I paid for the show with crappy muzac.

That's an interesting point actually. I suppose they should indicate on the packaging that some of the music is different to the music used on the broadcast version.
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    you are missing the point.

I'm really not.

I'm also deadly at twisting people's metaphors around. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

http://www.rte.ie/drama/tv/featured/lovehate/abouttheshow.html

Advertisement