Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm not one of those losers that listens to Christmas FM but I don't really mind the Christmassy stuff happening right after Halloween.

Number 1 loser over here. Love listening to it on the bus or walking around every year. I always say that Christmas doesn't start until I hear Slade shouting "IT'S CHRIIIIISSSTMAAAASS!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ah lads not Christmas talk already. :(
    Anyone here got a 3DS? Considering getting one in the new year for Pokemon X/Y, but wondering is there a decent enough backlog to go through too. Any chance you can download old Nintendo games from the store or something?

For a man super into his gaming, I know little to nothing when it comes to the 3DS.
    Angron wrote: »
    I've got one (bet you can't guess what for :pac:) Honestly I'll mainly have it to play pokemon stuff, and I play the hell out of them so it's worth it for me in the long run. Had a look on the e-store, seems to be that it's just 3DS stuff, can't see a category for DS games at any rate.

Get a 3DSXL if you can afford it. An AWESOME DS back catalog with a rapidly improving 3DS library. X and Y is great fun so far, when I get the time to play it that is. The first few hours have felt a lot more natural than White/Black & Pearl/Diamond were.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Picked up a 3DS XL on Firday. Barely been out of my hands :P

Anyone want to recommend some games other than Pokemon though?

(Also, friend code is 4699-6477-6219 :) )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not one of those losers that listens to Christmas FM but I don't really mind the Christmassy stuff happening right after Halloween.

Oh yea a whole bunch of losers listen to that station raising over €100k every year for charity! Yep we are losers alright! :mad:

Just because it's not for you it doesn't mean who does like it are losers. Show some class. Christmas FM do some great work for charity!

Picked up a 3DS XL on Firday. Barely been out of my hands :P

Anyone want to recommend some games other than Pokemon though?

Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D, Virtues Last Reward, Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Layton Miracle Mask and a fair few more.
    Zelda: A link between worlds looks fantastic too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh yea a whole bunch of losers listen to that station raising over €100k every year for charity! Yep we are losers alright! :mad:

Just because it's not for you it doesn't mean who does like it are losers. Show some class. Christmas FM do some great work for charity!

TBF it was a jokey post. Apologies if you thought I was slagging their charity work but in fairness lot of things people don't like do charity work. X-Factor, per example.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

10 weeks to Christmas Eve

Budget 2014 really hitting the younger and older folks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's been no actual mention of Flah in the thread, what am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

jaykhunter wrote: »
    There's been no actual mention of Flah in the thread, what am I missing?

I too was wondering what was going on. Who is flah?

I'd say Flah will back in a few weeks. The man is in hiding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Noel King just brought it:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rjd2 wrote: »

meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

http://youtu.be/bbd3GObHCds

Thought he might come back and headbutt Tony near the end haha

Rjd2 wrote: »

Brought what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

cena wrote: »
    Brought what?

The pain to Tony o Donohue.

Tinie wrote: »
    The pain to Tony o Donohue.

You have lost me altogether. If it is to do with soccer I'm clueless

Lads, what's the deal with putting links to our own websites in our signatures?

Presuming it could be seen as advertising but I've seen some people do it...

I've gone a bit crazy on buying a few domains over the last day or two and am setting up some sites I'm hoping can make a bit of cash, and I'd put them in my sig if I was allowed, but don't want to get banned or anything if it is advertising. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I've gone a bit crazy on buying a few domains over the last day or two and am setting up some sites I'm hoping can make a bit of cash, and I'd put them in my sig if I was allowed, but don't want to get banned or anything if it is advertising. :P

I think they allow a basic link such as tsc.ie for example. Nothing in your face or a big image or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Linking in your sig is fine. It's only really seen as advertising if you're constantly mentioning it on threads.

From the Boards FAQ:
    What are signatures?

'Signatures' contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc.

If I remember correctly though, you have to include the full link, not have something like The best site in the world and can have a short description about what it is. Can't seem to find the full signature rules.

Edit: Ah, here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1354

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I havent had to do a CV since those useless career guidance classes in secondary school. Any tips?

Basically, how much is too much and how much is too little? Should I keep it basic or try and make it all fancy. I'm thinking the fancy part would make it stand out, but am also worried it would look like showing off and count against me.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I havent had to do a CV since those useless career guidance classes in secondary school. Any tips?

Basically, how much is too much and how much is too little? Should I keep it basic or try and make it all fancy. I'm thinking the fancy part would make it stand out, but am also worried it would look like showing off and count against me.

Keep it basic as if it is too long it won`t be all read(or so I have been told). Don`t expect a reply all the time either(I have sent about 40+ for my brother who gets very few replies).

Obvious I know but if you're currently employed do not attach contact info of your current boss and be as vague as possible about your current company. My neighbour missed out on a well-paid job vacancy and he was public enemy no.1 in his job until he left.

Obvious I know but if you're currently employed do not attach contact info of your current boss and be as vague as possible about your current company. My neighbour missed out on a well-paid job vacancy and he was public enemy no.1 in his job until he left.

Reminds me in a roundabout way of this episode of Seinfeld

Best not to follow Georges lead on anything

Penn wrote: »
    Linking in your sig is fine. It's only really seen as advertising if you're constantly mentioning it on threads.

From the Boards FAQ:

If I remember correctly though, you have to include the full link, not have something like The best site in the world and can have a short description about what it is. Can't seem to find the full signature rules.

Edit: Ah, here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1354

Ah, that's awesome.

I discovered "Unlimited" hosting, so have been setting up a few websites, but one weakness I've always had when it comes to website is getting it "out there", so to speak. So being able to link to them in my signature is better than nothing. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I assumed everyone turned off signatures.

Since his name was mentioned I do miss ol Flah myself. IWF

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Since his name was mentioned I do miss ol Flah myself. IWF

I forget was he Rafas Saggy Ballbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

GTR63 wrote: »
    I forget was he Rafas Saggy Ballbag?

Yep, closed his account I think:(

Eventually Liverpool fans will feel the wrath of Flah once again *evil laugh*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭kksaints

Didnt someone say that he was a perma-banned rereg? He was fairly trollish in the soccer forum.

• Advertisement

Eventually Liverpool fans will feel the wrath of Flah once again *evil laugh*

Didn't you hear Diabhal?
    Our year & all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement